Steve and Ava's "maybe" baby

ErasofDiMeras

Reaction score
So I felt that I could open a thread about speculation discussion regarding Steve and Ava's "maybe baby". Let's just through theories out there and see what we all think. Though I feel most likely the vast majority all feel like I do that Steve is not the father.

Okay, so given the time frame Ava had mentioned to Steve, this was before Joey was born right? So that could make the "baby" that Steve is looking for would be SORASed to a teenager or a few years older then Joey at least. That teenager could even be at Salem High!

Now there was a casting call for a teenager named Mark who was 17 and a jock. His father was also a casting call as a Judge (who may be part of Hope's case). No mother, which perhaps maybe it's Ava's son she gave up and someone else is the father? Those are just my crazy speculations, some are left field and some I feel could happen.

What do you all think?

Is it just me, or are they recycling the photos of baby Tate? Same blue blanket, very similar looking chubby white baby.

I think Ava is nuts. This is probably not her child, nor is it Steve's. If she will fake a blood test to lead others into thinking she is dying from leukemia, she will do anything to get whatever she wants. Bonkers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree......don't think Ava has a child, and if she does, it is not Steve's. But she wants him out of town so she can prey on Kayla in some way, for some reason. That, in my opinion, is yet to come.

The problem right now with Ava is.......the viewers have not been let in on her ultimate plan. Yes, we know she is faking her illness.......but for what exact reason?

So, we guess.........and then guess again. The longer we wait, the more we guess, and probably figure it out, so by the time the "surprise reason" is given, it is no big deal anymore.

Re: the title of this thread: Maybe Baby was a great Buddy Holly song!

I think she's faking her illness for pity, that this baby isn't real, that she's sending Steve on a goose chase so she can move in on Kayla somehow. I think she used Joey in order to gain his trust so that he wouldn't stand in her way.

I know this won't happen it requires cleverness lol. What if there were a baby (not necessarily Steve's) and the child/young man has leukemia. Nutso Ava is trying to kill multiple birds with one stone. Find a donor/treatment and try and destroy Steve and Kayla for good. I know it wouldn't make sense for Ava to be the one to fake it, but it is Ava the nutty.

I agree......don't think Ava has a child, and if she does, it is not Steve's. But she wants him out of town so she can prey on Kayla in some way, for some reason. That, in my opinion, is yet to come.
Agree. Ave easily could have pulled the pictures off the Internet or somebody's Facebook page. And Steve seems to be so ready to give some credence to Ava's baby story that he might actually have thought it possible that the image below could be a picture "his" infant. And if Steve was doubtful, the naive, gullible Joey would have been completely taken in.

135px-Gerberbaby.jpg
Joey: OMG, Dad, it's a picture of my brother or sister! You have to find the child! And I'll come with you and help!
Steve: Well, Joe, that does look suspiciously like the Gerber baby.
Joey: No way, Dad! Ava would never lie!

I would just like to be surprised and just have it be true that there is a son out there that Ava and Steve share. This whole having her be this psychopath is just stupid. She became a likeable character towards the end of her last run. The writers still could have written her that way and still have this baby story be legit.

Whether there is a baby or not, and if there is, whether it is Steve's or not, doesn't matter any more. The fact remains that Ava attacked Kayla, knocked her out, and has her stashed away somewhere, using her safety as blackmail.
Ava obviously is of a different mind than when she last appeared, not to be trusted, which both Kayla & Steve realized. She managed to pull their unsuspecting son into her web, now is holding his mother captive.
I really dislike this entire story, and REALLY dislike how easily people are able to find out things about the Salemites, and manage to persuade family members to aid them in their nefarious undertakings. (Looking at you, Philip, you, Joey, and you JJ, in the past)

I missed some of Days in the past. Is there any way Joey could be Ava's son? Maybe that "I love you" she said could be motherly love? And why is Caroline not having visions of Kayla being in trouble? If she has ESP now would be a great time for it to kick in!

Back