Steve's vision problems are because...........

Just a hunch, nothing more. I don’t think John is a pawn or being brainwashed, nor do I think he has turned bad. My theory is someone is threatening someone close to him (as Martha Madison/Belle is returning, maybe Belle?) and unless John does this they will harm/kill Belle? And taking it further, believing John wouldn’t harm his best friend, I believe Steve is in on it. Assuming a question to this would be why then did they show John pouring the liquid from a vial into Steve’s drink? Maybe it is a placebo done with the belief they are being watched. Just a guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
A short interview in SOD with Drake Hogestyn (John) says he is doing this to Steve, in order to protect Marlena. He was told do it or else she will be harmed.

I don't think Steve is in on it, but I also think perhaps John is diluting the substance.

Actually, it would be difficult for John to doctor any of Steve's food, drink, etc. as they really do not hang together, so guess these "drinking bouts" are the only way for John currently. John would not harm Steve, and obviously whoever is ordering this doesn't want him dead.....as they would just kill him then. No, they want Steve out of commission for a while.......

The only way I can get on board with this storyline is that someone else is poisoning Steve, and John is slipping him the antidote. No way would John be purposely poisoning one of his best friends. If it is written that way, then shame on the writers for not knowing their characters.

I'm not sure Belle returning has been confirmed. Shawn has per a leaked script but Belle hasn't. But it's possible I missed a post from Jason47.

I need to catch up on SOD as well but I'm sure this is not what it seems to be. I just don't know where it's going and I guess that's a good thing. I also thought Steve might be in on it based on his comment about John looking guilty but I also like the antidote idea. It would be interesting if Paul was in on it too.

I kind of figured John was doping Steve to protect someone. Maybe even Steve, by making him incapable of performing some task. It looked like John was going to tell Steve and Kayla what was going on yesterday at Doug's Place. But of course, as usual, he was interrupted before he could share the information.

Well Billie Reed is now involved somehow in this storyline according to another thread. Must be an ISA mission. Kayla will be mad at Steve.

I have a hunch that maybe Tripp's family, the Vitalis, are behind this. After all, Steve's son killed Ava. Also Tripp turned to Kayla as a mentor/mother figure, and appears to have turned his back on the "family". Like I said, my thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back