Tax cut bonuses

SarahBeth

Reaction score
So I don't talk about my job on Facebook and have not friended a single co-worker. I like to keep that separate. I work for the largest home improvement store in the country, if not the world. With all these companies announcing tax cut bonuses, I have to admit I have my fingers crossed that my company joins in. Please cross your fingers for me. lololol

Prayers going up that you get a bonus.

Just my rant:

We have Home Depot and Lowe's catty-corner across an intersection from each other. I mostly go to Lowe's because I can't get waited on/help at Home Depot unless I go to the service desk. Our Home Depot is the worst! The men working there ignore me (other women have told me the same thing) even when I walk up to them to ask for help finding or choosing an item. They'll fall over any man who is even in the vicinity.

I have no complaint about Lowe's because everyone is very helpful even if it isn't their department.

It is a different story at the Home Depot a half hour away across the state line. The employees there are very helpful and cordial. I figure it is a difference in the attitude of their local managers.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL!

Ohhhhh Red Squirrel, I am biting my tongue in all of the responses I can think of that are not appropriate to repeat on here, that could be said to those men that ignore women in home improvement stores but fall head over heels, I mean fall in love, I mean rush to help the men.

Fingers crossed for ya, SarahBeth!!

Just my rant:

We have Home Depot and Lowe's catty-corner across an intersection from each other. I mostly go to Lowe's because I can't get waited on/help at Home Depot unless I go to the service desk. Our Home Depot is the worst! The men working there ignore me (other women have told me the same thing) even when I walk up to them to ask for help finding or choosing an item. They'll fall over any man who is even in the vicinity.

I have no complaint about Lowe's because everyone is very helpful even if it isn't their department.

It is a different story at the Home Depot a half hour away across the state line. The employees there are very helpful and cordial. I figure it is a difference in the attitude of their local managers.

It's got a lot to do with management, for sure. My store is a lot like your Home Depot across the way. The only time there's an issue with lack of customer service is if we are understaffed, and that is corporate headquarters decisions.

Back