The Crown

I love it, JS !

The current season ended with her giving birth to Prince Edward, Charles is at a horrible boarding school, and Anne is about 5 or 6 years old.

It definitely shows Queen Elizabeth in a new light. I wouldn't want her mother or husband for even a minute. Prince Philip treated her like dirt, and her mother tried to manipulate her whenever she got the chance.

I don't have Netflix, but I keep hearing a lot about this show. Sounds like it's really good.
Yes, it is. We just finished season one and will start on season 2 tonight. It's very well done, with excellent acting. And even an old, know-it-all history major like myself has learned new things, such as the fuss over the last names of Prince Charles and Princess Anne, that the Princess Margaret-Peter Townsend romance dragged on as long as it did, and that old Winston Churchill hated his special portrait so much that his wife had it burned. Overall, the series shows that Philip and Queen Elizabeth were beset by problems, but at least they didn't have a daughter like Sami Brady.

Wonder if they will cover when Prince Philip left for a few weeks, living on the boat/ship, until Queen Elizabeth came and had a few hours talk, resulting in him return back to the palace.

I don't get Netflix.....maybe some channel will run it after it ends on Netflix (doubt it, but who knows?)

I do! I think Prince Philip is a complete donkey! I don't get how he could put Charles through that awful school when he hated it so much himself, and don't get me started on his relationship with the Queen and others.:angry:

Wonder if they will cover when Prince Philip left for a few weeks, living on the boat/ship, until Queen Elizabeth came and had a few hours talk, resulting in him return back to the palace.

I don't get Netflix.....maybe some channel will run it after it ends on Netflix (doubt it, but who knows?)

They did cover it in Season 2. Season 1 is available on DVD so I'm sure other seasons will follow.

Re: Prince Philip I think a lot of the show is overly dramatized even though it is based on a true story. Yes they did seem to have a problematic marriage early on but the cheating stuff has never been proven nor was it as big a deal in real life. He also wasn't part of the Profumo Scandal the way the show portrayed it. I think the fact that they've been married somewhat happily for 70 years now is very admirable. If you ever watch interviews with their kids (aside from Charles) and grandkids, they all gush over Elizabeth and Philip as a couple.

Don't know about cheating.but supposedly he did not like being "2nd"..having to walk a few steps back instead of along side, being sort of "1st husband". Royalty had all these "rules", which caused Princess Margaret much heartache, at the time....and heck, the queen's children all went against the so called Rules.

Back