The Death of Carly Manning

KIRIAKIS MANSION
Victor is reading the morning paper and having his coffee when Philip comes downstairs

Victor: How is Melanie?
Philip: She's still asleep. It was a rough night.
Victor: Carly's death is the best thing that could happen for that girl.
Phillp: She's feeling guilty. She wonders if she had been more forgiving and nicer to Carly maybe this wouldn't have happened.
Victor: Nonsense. Carly wouldn't even tell her the truth about who her father is. Letting her grow up with a lowlife like Trent...

Henderson enters
Henderson: Sir, Nicholas Alamain is on the phone. Will you take the call?
Victor: Give it to Vivian.
Henderson: Miss Alamain left early this morning. She has not returned.
Victor: I'll take it. (Walking to phone) Vivian up and out this early? I wonder where she went.
Victor: Hello, Nicholas. I'm sorry for the loss of your mother.
--
Victor: Yes, and so soon after losing your father..
--
Victor: I don't know where your aunt is. Did you try her cell phone.
--
Victor: uh-huh.... okay.
--
Victor: I'll tell her. Take care Nicholas.
Victor: Carly really inspired a great deal of love from her children (snickers) Nicholas won't be coming to Salem.
Philip: Is there going to be a memorial service?
Victor: I hope they don't have it at St Luke's. The roof will fall in if they bring Carly's body in there. But I guess that is up to Vivian.
Philip: Vivian?
Victor: Nicholas is leaving all the final arrangements to Vivian.
Philip: What about Melanie? Doesn't she have a say in this?
Victor: Does she want a say? Let the poor girl stay out of it. Vivian can handle it.

Vivian swoops into the room

Vivian: My two favorite people in the world -- My handsome son and the love of my life! (attempts to kiss Victor who turns his head away and goes back to his newspaper.)
Philip: I'm out of here. (exit)
Victor: Nicholas called. He wants you to take care of Carly's funeral arrangements. At least this time when you bury her she really will be dead.
Vivian: Oh, Victor, so petty of you to bring up the past.
Victor: You are in surprisingly good spirits this morning. I thought you'd be mad that Carly messed up all your fun by dying before you had finished torturing her.
Vivian: Oh, Victor.. Victor.. Every dark cloud does have a silver lining.
Victor: You wouldn't have had anything to do with this, would you, My dear?
Vivian: Moi??? Oh gracious, Victor! Don't you think you would know about it if I had? That's the wonderful thing about us. We are so much alike. Do you think I would keep a delicious secret like that from you, Darling?
Victor: I would hope not. But, with you... I shudder to think at times what deviousness lurks in your evil mind.
Vivian: And that is exactly why you love me, Darling. I keep you on your toes.
Victor: And out of my mind.
Vivian: tsk-tsk.. You love it and you know it. Well, I have work to do. I must take care of Carly's final arrangements. Oh, this will be sooooo satisfying. The world is rid of that awful woman once and for all.
Victor: I have to agree with you there.
Vivian: Ta-ta, my darling. I shall return (exit)
Victor: I'm sure you will - as long as your broom doesn't break down.
Vivian: (from hallway) I heard that!
Victor: Good-bye, Vivian. Have fun.

Vivian pauses outside the front door, smiling and obviously very pleased with herself.
Vivian: Someday, Victor, you will thank me for this.

(..to be continued)

Love the story...
4.gif

Love the story...
4.gif

Love that smiley - that has been me today, too!!!
I had to laugh out loud at Victor calling Trent a low life of a father. Errr. Pot, meet kettle.

And Vivian put in charge of the arrangements? Oh, dear....

That smiley is me as well. Just loving that Nick is not coming and Viv is in charge of the funeral arragements. Loved Victor's line about hoping it is not at St Lukes as the roof would fall in. Thanks so much. I am so enjoying this.

As I read your story you have Vivian and her dialogue down pat. I can actually picture her and Victor on screen. Keep up the great work. I am waiting with baited breath for more. Please continue.:)

OH no...I see those wheels turning in Viv's head...what is she going to do now?!

Keep 'em coming!!!

SALEM PD
The cop-shop is a-buzz with talk of Carly. As Bo enters, the room goes silent. A few officers mumble condolences to Bo as he passes and enters his office. Abe, Roman, the DA and a few other men enter the main room from another office.

DA: I'm sure you will handle this as we discussed.
Roman: I understand. Trust me. We will go right by the book.
DA: I don't need a bunch of Bradys going rogue on this one. I hope, Roman, for your sake, you do understand.
DA - exits the scene with his entourage

Abe: He's out for blood.
Roman: Tell me something I don't know.
Abe: Roman, as your friend, I'm telling you, Buddy, be careful. Don't leave a 't' uncrossed or an 'i' without a dot. Your career is riding on this.
Roman: I can feel his breath on my neck already.

Bo comes out of his office, sees Roman and Abe

Bo: Hey, guys! Mr. Mayor! What brings you here?
Abe: I'm sorry for your loss, Bo. I thought you might take a few days off.
Bo: No time for that. We have to find out what happened to Carly.
Abe: shoots Roman a 'look' Remember. Do this right. I have to get back to my office. (exit)

Bo: What was that about?
Roman: Let's go into your office, Bo. We have to talk.

BO's OFFICE
Bo: I went back to the hospital and questioned the people who were working with Carly that morning. I think I've got a pretty good timeline right up to when she left the hospital.
Roman: Bo, you're off the case.
Bo: Aw, C'mon, Roman. I knew Carly better than anyone. If anyone can find her killer, it's me.
Roman: You've been placed on administrative leave.
Bo: WHY?
Roman: It's for the best. You're too close to this.
Bo: Dammit, Roman. You agree with this?
Roman: I didn't say that. I just said it's for the best.

There's a light knock on the door as it opens. Hope enters.

Hope: Hi, Bo. Roman, you want to see me? I got your message.
Roman: Yes. Let's go to my office.
Bo: What is going on? You tell me I'm out and then Hope comes in?
Roman: Bo, Go home. Don't make this harder than it has to be.
Hope and Roman leave. Bo slams his fist into a file cabinet.

Bo: Don't worry, Carly. I'm not going to let them lock me out. I'll find out who did this to you.

(..to be continued)

Ohh boy this is good. Bo out for revenge and all the time in the world and no rules to have to follow. Watch out Viv

Thanks for the chapter. Really enjoying this story.

ROMAN'S OFFICE
Roman: Do you know why I wanted to see you?
Hope: I figured it had something to do with Carly Manning. Roman, that conversation between you and Bo concerns me. Why is Bo being put on leave?
Roman: The DA is trying to pin this on Bo. A couple of city workers passed him and Carly down by the docks a little after 1:30. They were having a very heated discussion. I told the DA that wasn't enough to bring charges. Sami called me just before 2:30. Between you & I, she and Rafe saw Bo leaving the docks about 20 minutes before they saw Carly's body in the water. That would've been a little after 2.
Hope: Not much of a time gap.
Roman: No. It's not. Sami and Rafe stopped at the little food concession at the edge of the parking lot and got a couple of hot chocolates and a pretzel for Sydney. Then they walked down towards the dock and saw Carly. They had just got there when they saw her. They didn't see anyone else around at that time. Daniel got there after Sami and Rafe.
Hope: It's about a five minute walk from the dock to that parking lot.
Roman: Right. So Bo left the dock about 25-30 minutes before Sami & Rafe found her. We have to find out what happened during that time. You are one of our best investigators and since you are not on active duty right now, you can move around under the radar better than I can.
Hope: I see where you are going with this. Can Rafe help?
Roman: No. He's back with the FBI. But, I do have a partner for you. (Roman calls someone from his cell phone)
Roman: Come up now. (Roman hangs up the phone.)
Hope: Does Bo know he's a suspect?
Roman: I couldn't tell him. Not yet. I'm under orders from the DA not to tell him.
There is a knock on the office door.
Roman: It's open!
In walks Shane Donovan.
Hope jumps up and hugs him.
Hope: Oh, Shane it's so good to see you. It's been too long.
Shane: From what I hear we'll be spending quite a bit of time together. We'll have plenty of time to catch up.
Hope: You're my partner? But you're ISA.
Shane: I'm on leave right now. I've been working with a corporate investigative firm in Chicago. We finished off the case last week and I was planning on going on holiday before going back. After talking to Roman, I think this will now be a 'working vacation'.
Hope: Everyone will be so happy to see you and have you home for a while.
Shane: Not yet. Until we figure out who killed Carly, no one can know I'm in town. Roman, could you bring me up to speed?
Roman: The M.E. says Carly was dead before she hit the water. We have to put someone other than Bo on that dock with Carly during the half hour between Bo leaving and Sami & Rafe finding her. The M.E. says she had not been in the water very long.
Hope: Someone else could have been hiding on the dock while Bo was there.
Shane: Our job is to find out who that 'someone' might be.
We better get right on this, Hope. We have our work cut out for us.
Roman: One more thing before you go. Hope, I am sorry to have to tell you this: Carly was pregnant.

(...to be continued)

:woo: SHANE IS BACK!!!!!!

Thank you for the new chapter, and thank you for the surprise of finding Shane in on the case. :clap:

I always had a thing for Shane :hot::hot::hot:
(ahhhhh.. lights cigarette and falls back on the sofa)

As I read your story you have Vivian and her dialogue down pat. I can actually picture her and Victor on screen. Keep up the great work. I am waiting with baited breath for more. Please continue.:)

Viv has got to be the most fun to write. She's such a caricature. The more pretentious it sounds the better it works.

shane is back, shane is back, shane is baaaack ( snugs dancing around)
6.gif

I was trying to think of who I could put her with and Shane popped into my mind. (Be still, my heart) I started giggling like a schoolgirl and couldn't wait to get home to the computer. (And that's what I did at work today :)) (Don't tell my boss!)

Yea!!!!!!!!!!! Shane is back. Boy do I love him. Great partner for Hope. So Carly was killed before she hit the water. What killed her?? Only part to the PM report. How about Carly being pregnant. Hoping Bo is not the father. Trying to turn the page, but it is not working LOL so looking forward to the next chapter.

Back