The Hernandez clan

Mr. Continuity

Reaction score
Well I feel so much was botched with the transition of writers, so I'm looking ahead with hopes that the Hernandez clan takes over the show. I already like Rafe, Gabi, and Eduardo. I'm expecting excitement with Dario and Mama Hernandez. Time to really mix that diversity in. I'm sure we will lose some characters in order to fit them in.:clap::drunk:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I like Rafe and Gabi. I'm starting to like Edwardo and I just love A. Martinez so I'm hopefull. At this point I couldn't care less about Mama Hernandez. I had just finally gotten to like Dario when they shipped him off last time. But I have to say I don't give a rat's red behind about diversity. I just want a good show with good writing and acting. They could go full on Star Trek and bring in a Klingon and a Ferengi and I'd be happy as long as it was good.

Now see, I did not care all that much for previous Dario (maybe because they wrote him into a relationship with Melanie???) but I know the actor coming aboard now as Dario, who is very good, but I do agree with SaraBeth...it is story, writing that matters. Don't care about "diversity", just make good story.
They seem to be holding back on Eduardo a bit, probably because first they had to get the deaths of Daniel & Stefano out of the way, or rather "over". But with Andre' on the loose now...who knows?
I do love Rafe, and really like Gabi, both not getting much in the way of appearance, but then, right now, long list of the "neglected". See, that is what is always so great about an umbrella story that involves a great many.
Well, time will tell.

Oh, I like the idea of Mama Hernandez and Roman. I also would love to see Steve and John start their Black Patch Investigations and bring Eduardo on. He's got the training and is done with his past work. That could be the start of some really good storytelling.

I like Rafe and I'm intrigued by Eduardo. Some of you may not have noticed since I've kept this really close to my vest but I'm actually a bit fond of Gabi. I wasn't watching when Dario was first on but I did see some scenes on YouTube but he seemed okay. I know that the actor that's going to be playing him this time around Jordi Villasco is a recast but I'm familiar with him from "Guiding Light" and "All My Children" so I know he has skills. So I'm looking forward to see what they bring to the table.

I am particularly curious about Mama Hernandez. I said some time back that because of her chronic ailments and seeming penchant for falling and breaking her limbs I pictured a stooped elderly woman covered in a black shawl with a cane in one hand and a rosary in another. But now I get the feeling we're going to be surprised by what we see when we finally meet her.

Here's how we pictured Mama Hernandez, but here's how she'll probably show up in Salem:

1415962844714_Image_galleryImage_OSTROW_LUBELSKI_nPANI_JAN.JPG
320x486.jpg

When I first read Katmouse's post I thought they were saying the lady in the picture was playing Mama Hernandez and my first thought was "Oh come on"! I mean suspension of disbelief is one thing but I draw the line at pure idiocy! But then I clicked on the link and it all made much more sense. LOL

If the article is accurate and this lady debuts in May that would mean she's already taping and if this story arc the article refers to means more airtime for Gabi I'm all for it.

LOL, she also could be another of Eduardo's children......after all, he led quite the colorful life, didn't he? This actress may have an accent, and I think the article names the actress who MAY be playing Mama H. ....Alma Delfina. But then Ms. Delfina could be playing another ex-wife of Eduardo.
260px-Alma_delfina_2.jpg

Ximena Duque has been cast in the long-running and popular daytime soap opera Days of Our Lives. The Colombian actress will be making her English-language television debut and take on the role of Blanca.

Her character will join the cast for a story arc beginning in May 2016. Duque will work alongside actorsGalen Gering/Rafe, Camila Banus/Gabi and Alma Delfina.

Perhaps Jason47 will confirm that Alma Delfina is indeed Mama Hernandez as I am certain she is given the mention in the article.

As to this Blanca character....I would rather she be a love interest for Rafe or Lucas or even Philip or Shawn than another Hernandez sibling. Why does every Hispanic need to be related to the Hernandezes and every black person related to Abe? And I'm with SarahBeth on the diversity issue. Let's just worry about putting a good show together with good writing rather than worrying about which categories of minorities need filled.

ALMA DELFINA CAST AS RAFE & GABI'S MOTHER...

Alma Delfina has been cast as Rafe & Gabi's mother. Her first appearance is in March. Last week, Eduardo mentioned his wife's name was Adriana, so it seems her character name will be Adriana Hernandez. Delfina has appeared in numerous telenovelas since the 1980's.

Back