The Hernandez clan

Thanks Jason.

I moved the one sentence in my other post so it's right by the link

Rafe is all we need. The rest can be gone already.

Dena Higley (writer) is in love with the family. She said she was going to write storylines for everyone. haha. Where are Lucas and Paul?

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks the part to me.

https://soapshows.com/days-of-our-l...ews-rafe-and-gabis-mother-is-coming-to-salem/

If this is done correctly (not holding my breath), this could bring a whole new audience to Days. Very smart to bring two actors with telenovelas experience. I am not familiar with either actress but I look forward to that Latino fire, passion, and sensuality. Hoping it will add some camp:rotfl: along with drama. :cry:

Last edited:
I find Rafe, Gabi and Eduardo boring! Why are they adding more Hernandezs for? There are going to be way too many of them. There will be more Hernandezs than there will be Bradys and Hortons.

The casting of a Mama Hernandez is stupid! She is only one or two years older than Hope who's by the look of things is going to be paired with boring Rafe! Hope's going to look even more like a cougar now that Rafe's mother is the same age as the woman Rafe's crushing on!

Rafe and Hope aren't working. There's no chemistry between them and this casting of Mama Hernandez will make this pairing look even worse! I'm sure the actress is good but she is a bit too young for the role! When did she have Rafe? When she was 10?

Last edited by a moderator:
The woman who played John's mother was the same age as Drake Hogestyn (John).

The guy who plays Tom Selleck's father on Blue Bloods is only six years older. Actress Barbara Bel Geddes (Miss Ellie on Dallas) was only a few years older than Larry Hagman (JR Ewing).

So, the actual ages of the actors really has no bearing on the characters they're playing.

true, heck on Golden Girls, the actress portraying Sophia was younger than the one playing her daughter, Dorothy.
I remember years ago, this one movie actor was playing old men when he was in his 30s. Through the years it was as if he never aged, as he always more or less looked the same. lol

Just out of curiosity Poirot, is the actor you're referring to by any chance Walter Brennan? Yep I know my old time movie stars. :)

And to add some more perspective to this whole age difference between Galen Gering (Rafe) and Alma Delfina (Mama Hernandez) thing: In the early nineties Tom Hanks and Sally Field starred in a movie together called Punchline which I never saw but I understand they were romantic interests. Then just two or three years later she played his "Mama" in what I think is one of the best films ever made, Forrest Gump.

The point of this little anecdote being that in show biz age truly ain't anything but a number.:)

Last edited:
LOL, yep, Troy, Walter Brennan. He once, in an interview, said that he had dentures very young, and because he was willing to go without them in movies, he got tons of work, usually playing old geezers, but he never went without a job. LOL

Was just about to comment on Sally Field playing Tom Hanks' mother in Forest Gump.

I am quite sure Mama Hernadez is going to look quite different than this picture we see of Alma DelFina who will play her. What is interesting is......not a word has come from backstage, no pics, no nothing and she had to have filmed already, so am wondering if perhaps she is just short term??

I just had a thought a about this Blanca character, what I've been thinking is that just because she is apparently in a story line that involves the Hernandez family doesn't necessarily mean she is a Hernandez. A couple of weeks ago Camila Banus (Gabi) posted on Instagram a picture that she said was on the set (she didn't specifically say the "Days" set but I'm assuming it was). What particularly interested me about this photo is she was wearing what looked like Gabi's prison uniform (again I'm assuming she was in costume) and I thought "Hmm, could we be getting a flashback scene?"

So what I'm wondering is maybe Blanca is someone Gabi knew in prison. I keep thinking of her first scene with JJ when she was delivering a letter for a friend from prison maybe that's something they'll get back to? I don't know maybe I'm just so anxious for her to be moved off the backburner I'm grasping at straws. LOL Still I thought I would throw that out there. If you think I'm crazy feel free to say so. LOL

Last edited:
:(Not excited about the Hernandez clan at all. I do like Rafe a lot, but if I want to watch a Hispanic soap I can turn on a Miami station down here. I want the Bradys and the Hortons back and front and center along with the Black family. But I will not hold my breath at that, at all.

Let's see, there are currently around 40 characters on Days, of which 3 belong to the Hernandez family. 2 more makes 5. I don't think that makes Days a Hispanic soap opera. 5 is just 1/8 of the total, and when you add in the occasional characters like nurses, bartenders, thugs, customers in the background, the percentage goes down even further.

I understand what you are saying, but we have so many members of the Brady and Horton clan that I wish they would bring back with good storylines, and for the Black family as a family get more air time. Just not that interested in another family being introduced to Salem and sucking all air out of the limited storylines.

Now, if I count right.....Kayla, Steve, Joey, Roman, Eric, Hope, Ciara, Caroline, Arianna, Theresa, Tate, Shawn, Claire, Belle...all Brady clan. and then the Hortons...Doug, Julie, Hope, Ciara, Jennifer, JJ, Abby, Thomas, Lucas, Arianna,

The Blacks.....John, Marlena, Belle, Claire, Brady, Tate...all involved in story currently.

As one can tell...there is a need for other "family", as too many inter-related characters.

Well maybe I am just looking for a good writing, which we are sadly lacking. I just don't think we need another family shoved on the show. Just my opinion. Not looking for an argument.

Without introducing new families the show has to revert to inbreeding, with Nick and Max dating their nieces. The reason for John's most recent change in heritage was so that Brady would not be related to Theresa. From what I've seen, Eduardo's entrance is actually helping to get John a new story line. Marlena's great grandchild came about through Gabi. Introducing new characters with family attachments is what soaps do. It took Days 7 long years to give us a better idea of where Rafe came from and they are doing it in much the same way as was done with Roman.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong...I like Rafe and I think he was the one who actually made Sami watchable and into likable human being. I am liking JJ and Gabi, I just don't think we need a whole family introduced into the show right now. There are so many story lines that need to be front and center. Just glad Kayla and Steve are getting a story line. I think the thing that bothers me the most is that the story lines have no real depth to them.

Back