The Hernandez clan

And yes, writing has been major fail. But, everyone doesn't always like the same characters or the story for them. Ari Zucker is a fabulous actress, and initially, her grief and sorrow upon the death of Daniel was so well acted. But, overkill.
Ben was a rather blah character, it was the writing, until he began to be revealed as the necktie killer, and just blew us all away with his descent into madness. Eric has been so background for so long, always sad, very much alone, but his beating himself up over causing his best friend's death, and injuries to his other good friends shows what a good actor he is.
And that goes for any of the Days cast. They are wonderful, nearly every single one, and when given good material , we see it.
A new family is not being introduced now to the show. The Hernandez family has been around for several years. Sister ARiana died. Dario was transferred to South America. Gabi went to prison. Only Rafe was able to stay, and even he lost his job, and had to become a bar manager. I am glad he is going to have some family back. About time!
With new writing at the helm, am long looking forward to what is coming up. (Evidently the work of co-headwriter Ms. Higley will be ending soon, as she went on a leave of absence last summer, & has not returned)

I really don't get this whole the Hernandez family is going to overrun the show business. Rafe was firmly put on the backburner from the time Gabi went to prison to the beginning of the Necktie killer storyline. So he's only been at the forefront for the last four or five months or so. Right now we're (or maybe I should say I'm) lucky if we see Gabi once every two weeks.

I get that everybody has characters they like to see more then others and I'm certainly no different. But I just don't see why it has to be an either/or proposition. The Hernandez family having a storyline does not mean that the Bradys or Hortons can't have one as well or vice versa. And that's my two cents.

I just had to share this: I decided to join the 21st century today and join Twitter and I posted something on Camila Banus's (Gabi) twitter feed and guess what? She liked it!! Truth be told she likes a lot of things so I know realistically this doesn't exactly make us besties or anything but still when I saw that it made me want to squee like a schoolgirl ; so I think I will. SQUEE!!! :love::love::love::love::love:

I think they did great casting. Alma Defina hopefully is someone too look forward to in Mama Hernandez. I can imagine we may see scenes in Spanish mainly between Gabi and Mama Hernandez.

I thought Blanca was either a ex girlfriend's of Rafe's or a left behind child of Eduardos. Or Blanca could be posing as Eduardo's daughter because of the "assassin training organization" as well Eduardo has left them and she could be their eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't get this whole the Hernandez family is going to overrun the show business.
It's just something that fans of a certain couple say, because they hate Rafe. It happened when Arianna and Dario joined the show last time, too.
Or Blanca could be posing as Eduardo's daughter because of the "assassin training organization" as well Eduardo has left them and she could be their eyes.
That's an intriguing possibility.

images

This will be my husband and me as we watch and wait to see what happens next. The nice thing about being older sometimes is that you don't remember the old old stories, so think of everything as new! :)

LOVE RAFE! He's awesome! I like the addition of Eduardo and having Gabi back. Dario? Not sure what I think yet. Mama Hernandez? Couldn't care less. Not sure I get the intrigue of a character that has only been spoken about so little over the years in passing with no mention of back story other than Eduardo left her and she was sick once in a while.

Bring back some male Hortons to round out the clan. Majority of the Horton connections are female and we need some guys present to carry on the name........not to say that in this day and age women cannot carry this on by keeping their maiden name.

The current female Hortons to actually have Horton as their last name are Marie, Sandy (Tommy's daughter), Jennifer (Bill's daughter), Melissa and Sarah (Mickey's daughters), Allie (Lucas' daughter) and Arianna (Will's daughter).

The male Hortons with the Horton last name are Tommy (if he's still alive), Bill, Mike, Jeremy and Lucas. And Nathan (Melissa's son) also carries the Horton last name.

As for the other Hortons:
Julie was an Olson by birth, Williams by marriage.
David is a Banning, as is his son, Scotty.
Steven was an Olson by birth, as is his son Spencer.
Hope was a Williams by birth and Brady by marriage.
Shawn-Douglas and Ciara are Brady by birth.
Claire is a Brady by birth.
Jessica was given up for adoption and had the last name of Blake, then Fallon by marriage
Nick was a Fallon by birth
Abby and JJ are Deveraux by birth
Thomas has the Deveraux name

I've enjoyed the Rafe character and was impressed by the friendliness of the the actor who plays him, Galen Gering, at the Manhattan book signing. It was also good to see him back at the police station actually doing work and not hanging around the Pub and Town Square engaging in personal business or dabbling in granny sex with Deimos's latest squeeze. However, having him help cover-up Hope's murder of the Phoenix was not a plus and it will take a while for him to shed the dirty cop image. As for his relatives, it was a positive development when Gabi got on the straight and narrow and Eduardo's back story provided a rationale for abandoning his family. Unfortunately, the latest Hernandez in town has slid back into his petty criminal ways and is a friend of the unpopular, unsavory psycho Summer. Hopefully, when Mama Hernandez gets to town she can straighten out her wayward son.

Last edited:
Well I feel so much was botched with the transition of writers, so I'm looking ahead with hopes that the Hernandez clan takes over the show. I already like Rafe, Gabi, and Eduardo. I'm expecting excitement with Dario and Mama Hernandez. Time to really mix that diversity in. I'm sure we will lose some characters in order to fit them in.:clap::drunk:
I can't wait to see the woman who gave birth to my hunky Rafe. She has to be one good looking lady, because Eduardo isn't too hot, sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to Days Cafe, Mama Hernandez appears next week claiming she was kidnapped.:beat:Of course every time a character is MIA there is always a good excuse. They are either kidnapped or hiding to keep their family safe. How original. Glad she's coming though.:clap:

According to a lot of spoilers in many places, Mama H. appears next Wednesday. Wonder if that is what Rafe finds in the "labyrinthe" of Yo Ling's lab? I don't think she stays in town too long, though.

And if so, what in heaven's name would that jerk, YoYo, want with her? Oh, comes to think of it, he wanted Eduardo back, didn't he?

Back