The Summer storyline

Same here. I'd take Serena and Xander over Summer any day.
I'd take the Sami and EJ show over this drivel. Now that's saying something!
These quotes illustrate just how bad things have gotten, which is reflected by the lower-than-usual number of views for the daily summary and a general decline in the amount of comments on each episode. I'd go with either or both tennisdocc's and Sparkster's suggestions. In fact, they could be blended together. Serena comes back to life (she wasn't dead after all) and plans an article exposing Summer as the leading grifter in California. Meanwhile, charges against Xander have been dropped and he plans to blackmail Summer to raise some ready cash. Oblivious to the threats posed by Serena and Xander, psycho Summer and slimy Dario have somehow discovered where EJ and Sami are hiding and start hatching a scheme to scam them out of the money that was stolen from the Phoenix.

I just do not understand how Dario, who already had a reputable character, is now so intertwined with Summer and has changed his character so much to be deceptive and a grifter.

I just do not understand how Dario, who already had a reputable character, is now so intertwined with Summer and has changed his character so much to be deceptive and a grifter.
Sorry, but Dario is no bargain. When he arrived in Salem the first time, he was a petty thief. Then when Victor gave him a good job at Titan of Argentina, he quit without notice, went to California, and started running scams with Cindi/Summer. As for the whole awful Summer plot, the best ending would be that the ace online researcher, Anne Milbauer, learns that the psycho mermaid is an imposter and isn't really Maggie's child. She and slimy, bodysnatching Dario then flee Salem and are never seen again.

Petty thief to boardroom to the writers having him conveniently quit so he could show up as a big time con artist/loser just seems like too much for me. Before the character was redeemable and so was done.

Now I do not see much hope, especially with him encouraging Summer to take advantage of those who had helped build him up before through encouragement, trust or friendship.

The thing about Dario before, I think they "redeemed" him big time because he was involved with Melanie, who supposedly got him to give up his errant ways. However, once that happened oopsy, no longer any use for him, out he goes to Argentina.....So Melanie could take up with Nathan.
After all, Melanie was daughter of the revered miracle worker, St. Doctor Dan.

Once upon a time "a summer storyline" meant the upcoming story for June through August. Sigh..

I would rather watch the Melaswen story with Sami picturing Kate's head on a turkey and trying to chop it off. Wow this is bad. It was more fun trying to figure out the stupid "clues", which weren't really clues at all. Examples, Commissioner Gordon,1313 Mockingbird Lane, Connor playing football with the Van Pelts on Thanksgiving.

Back