This is Us (may contain spoilers), part 2

JustSamantha I like how Tess got her name too. I appreciated that we learned how Rebecca and Miguel's relationship started. Up until last night, as a viewer, one might wonder if Miguel just swept in after Jack's death and swooped up Rebecca, so to speak. Glad to learn it was not that way.

I finally saw the Halloween show.

It was interesting to see Kevin be a jerk to his friend at the party. Then
we saw how he got the boy to take Kate's hand in the haunted house.

The scene at the end with Rebecca and baby Randall made me cry.

But, that last scene. Not to give away too much, but poor Kevin. He went to Randall because he needs help but then something (although no one's fault) blocked it. When is Kevin gonna get the help he needs?

The show is doing 3 weeks of more or less stand alone focus on each of the trio.Kevin was first, Next week it is Kate, the following week will be Randall.

I feel like Kevin feels like the odd man out so to speak. Jack seems to have been closer to Kate than the other two kids and Rebecca seems to have been closer to Randall than the other two kids. That being said, if I were Kevin I would wonder where does that leave me?

Hard to tell since evidently Jack died when the kids were teens. And the triplets all went on to rather successful lives, ups and downs, etc. And this episode shows that Kevin knows he screwed up his life himself, all by himself.

And we have already seen that Randall has had issues, despite being so smart and successful, as well as Kate.

And how could I forget, James Read played Kevin's high school coach last night. My sister and I said at the same time "there's Clyde".

I finally saw the episode last night.

There are no words to explain how great, wonderful it was.

I wonder if one day we'll learn what happened with him and the classmate?
We saw the young girl go out and asked if he wanted to party. That might
have freaked him out to go back inside.

I was hoping he was going to tell Randall he's addicted to pain killers, but
then we learn about Kate. We'll be needing tissue for this week's episode.

I'm glad Kevin didn't have an accident too.

I enjoyed the scenes William had telling Randall what he thought would have
happened if had knocked on the door.

I wouldn't be surprised if something happened to the fuse box either. And maybe
something with Kate's dog. She said it was her fault. Was the dog left inside?

Maybe Jack gets an electric shock, knocking him out as the fire starts....that doesn't help figure why Kate thinks it is her fault.

I don't know what the deal really is with Deja's mother, but I do hope she is able, at some point, to be with the Randall & Beth again.

I just hope there is still more that we want to learn once we discover how Jack dies! I don't want that to go on indefinitely, but I also don't want the show to be over just because we learn the answer! This is really such a good show.

Inasmuch as they go back and forth in time, even if we learn what happened to Jack, we will still see him and the entire family - little kids, teens, present day. When the show does finally end, it is going to be very difficult for viewers, like when Downton Abbey ended. :)

Another great show last night.

Kevin got a new suit. He probably wears it at the funeral.

They forgot the batteries for the smoke detector.

Not surprised Randall wanted to buy the apartment building.

Agree......Thought we were going to learn about Jack's death, when mom said the kids were 17, and going to be going to college, & does Jack really want to start a construction business now?

I liked Kevin being with his mother & Miguel, and Kate shopping for wedding dress with the friend, who she later helped. Was amazing how they were able to sidestep using the word bulimia. And yes, I do understand the why nothing specific was mentioned, very thoughtful and astute of the show/writers.

And yes, I did love also Randall wanting to buy the building. Got a kick out of that cat.

Back