This is Us (may contain spoilers), part 2

Another great show and I think all of us did this tonight.

cry tissue.gif cry tissue.gif cry tissue.gif

Yep, and the next show will be even more so. WE have to wait 2 weeks, though.

I thought showing exactly how the fire started and quickly spread was so very well done, and accurate. Something similar happened in my childhood, is seared in my mind.

I could not tell who sent that envelope??

I started crying when Kate came home. She peeked down the hallway.
I knew she brought the dog home.

It was interesting to see how the kids are coping now after so many
years since their father died. Then we see the fire start.

Thank you, JS. I could see how moved Kevin was to get it, but could not tell who sent it.

I am wondering if perhaps, the family all gets out, but Kate thinks the dog is still inside, and is crying about it or something, Jack goes back in, the dog, though already is out????

The kids all still miss their dad a lot. I just love this show, and how it tells present day, and goes back in time. Deserved that award. Definitely best ensemble drama.

I, like many, am thinking maybe Jack goes back in for the dog. I had another thought this morning. Maybe Kate goes back for the dog and Jack goes back to save her and this is why she feels so guilty. Guess time will tell. I know "This is Us" is only a tv show and Jack is a character but I feel so not ready to watch him die. Guess this means no matter who wins the Superbowl I will crying that Sunday.

A little annoyed with NBC! They want us to watch that football game so bad, they have a very important episode of This Is Us showing immediately AFTER the game on a SUNDAY!!!!! I mean, I was gonna watch the game anyway, to see commercials. But there's no way I'm gonna let that episode sit on the DVR, I'll have to watch that one live stream. haha, I'm so anxious. Can the game be over already?

To lighten up the mood. Isn't there a Days connection? Isn't Justin Hartley (Kevin) married to Chrishell Stause (Jordan Ridgeway from Days past)?

I won't be watching the game. I'll have to figure out when game might end to set
my VCR.

I remember Justin Hartley on Passions but I do not watch The Young and the Restless. I also think he was on Smallville. I watched that show some but never on a regular basis. No matter what path brought him to his role of Kevin, glad he got there. I cannot imagine any other actors playing these characters on This is Us. Casting sure got it right with this show.

I had the thought today that Jack might have died trying to save Kevin. Rebecca did not tell Jack about Kevin's phone call and that he was not coming home. Kate nor Randall knew this info either, that we know of. I wonder if Kate might have said Kevin is not out and Jack went back in to save him.

Randall seems to have the least guilt about Jack's death and this could be why. Kate feels guilty because she sent Jack back in to the house, Kevin feels guilty because he never had the chance to tell his dad he was sorry, and because his dad was trying to save him, and Rebecca feels guilty because she did not tell Jack that Kevin was not coming home.

This is just a thought I had not a spoiler.

Back