This is Us (may contain spoilers), part 2

First, I know I am kinda obsessed with this show so thank you guys for bearing with me and all my thoughts.

I am beginning to think Jack does not actually die in the fire because, well I have a feeling the show has a big twist to all this.

I won't be watching the game, the first time in forever, but I will tune in for this great show. I am a little nervous, sad, and anxious to see the full story of what happened to Jack.

The episode was just wonderful. I cannot stop myself from thinking about all the different scenes, Tried to stay up for Jimmy Fallon live from Minneapolis as the cast were to be guests, but he yapped too long and I gave up. I think he was gonna save them for the end of the show.

I was wrong with some of my theories and many others were right. It was the dog. Emotional show but loved it. Mandy Moore (Rebecca) did a wonderful job of showing just what emotions a wife/mother might go through in that situation.

Kevin. Ahh Kevin, I believe you, you will indeed make your father proud.

Kate, she's healing, slowly but healing. Do not know how long this show will run but looking forward to watching it as it unfolds.

It was amazing, in that raging fire, that Jack was able to save those family keepsakes......and a photo album!!! I am very glad he & Rebecca got have that bit of "normal" time together at the hospital.

I, too, think Kevin will make his dad proud.....and it has taken 20 years, but the family is finally beginning to heal.

Have to say, the writing, the photography, the acting, direction, editing, was all...just superb!

Yes, it was the dog, but Jack's determination to save family mementos as long as he was inside, had to be what eventually proved too much smoke and soot inhaled.

Yes, it was the dog, but Jack's determination to save family mementos as long as he was inside, had to be what eventually proved too much smoke and soot inhaled.
Yes and that is the heart of his soul, the family and those who love this show.

I knew it was the dog fault's. When Jack came out of the house with the bag
I started crying.

Then you saw Rebecca on the phone and the people behind her running
down the hall. You just knew that they were going Jack's room.

I liked the end with Kevin with his mom watching the game.

Last edited:
Just reading this is making my eyes feel prickly with tears again. That post-Super Bowl episode was amazing. Kleenex was used greatly, ice cream was consumed with tears streaming down our faces (my oldest daughter and I watch together). I knew it had to be the dog, at least in part, somehow.

I loved the flash forward: I was wondering if we were going to see the next generation. I was so sure that the little boy was going to be placed with Randall, but it warms my heart to see how his actions (likely) affected his daughter's choice of profession. That made me cry too, for different reasons.

What an absolutely amazing show. I'm already thinking about the end of the series. No, it's not in danger of going away anytime soon, I suspect, but it's really going to hurt watching it when it comes to a natural end (and I suspect the showrunners already know how to end it, and when)

My satellite receiver fritzed just as the show was about to happen. Does anyone know where I can find it to watch?

I did have a site, but just checked, and Sony made them remove all content about Days, because of copyright. NBC will have it up pretty soon.........

Don't forget it is on tonight........2/6

Back