This is Us (may contain spoilers), part 2

Oh, wow, they continued with the aftermath of Jack's death. Terrific episode, with a great deal of time spent in the Wagoneer Jack bought when the kids were around 10, managing to sweet talk the car salesman. But another wonderful episode, for sure.

I kinda liked the "funeral" episode better than the "Jack's death" episode. Don't get me wrong, both were very well done, but Tuesday's episode just captured to me what it can be like after you lose someone you love deeply. You hurt deeply, are kinda numb, but still can smile when you think of the wonderful memories you made with this person.

Looking on the in the future, I am hoping for Kate to either have a dream or daydream about Jack walking her down the aisle at her wedding.

Anyone know how to get the rest of the dialogue from each pic.? There is a couple lines under the pic, telling something.....and then, for me, no way to get the rest........????

Boy, I clicked on everything under the sun....nothing happened..........

True, but Jack went back to save the dog, and then brought out a bunch of things he "saved". Maybe the models were among them???

Anyone watch the season premiere last night? Now I am ready wondering who the she is older Randal and grown Tess are going to see. I am also worried about Toby.

I am wondering too. An interview that i saw said that this person will be revealed during this season.
I can't think of who would be important to Tess, but that she isn't ready to see her, but also important to Toby, that Randall called him to also visit.

I just saw it.

It's going to be interesting to see who it is. Sad to see "future" Toby alone in the bed.

Last edited:
I thought at first it was Beth......but calling Toby made me think it is something to do with Kate. Do you think maybe Kate & Toby agreed to surrogate? I know Toby gets very depressed, & he did get rid of his pills.

How old is Rebecca in the present age of the show? Could the future scenes be Rebecca's end of life? Part of me wonders if the her is Rebecca. If Toby and Kate are not together in the future Kate could be with her mother and Toby wonder if Kate would not want him there so the her Randall speaks of twice could be two different hers. Just my personal thought there.

Yes, I thought of the same thing, as it seems hard to connect Tess to "her", and the same "her" to Toby. Maybe the clip was done purposely that way to confuse us?

I had a yucky feeling... like maybe Kate died (or had something else major happen to her), somehow related to the pregnancy. If the "she" is Rebecca, possibly at end of life, maybe she blames Toby for whatever happened to Kate, and that's why he wouldn't think she'd want him to be there. It was just a bad feeling... I don't know if it even makes sense.

I do love this show!

*edited to add: I remembered incorrectly. Toby "doesn't know if he should" and Randall says "She'd want you to be there". So... I'm back to I don't know. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Another good episode with just the four of them.

Sad to see Jack cry..

Back