This is Us (may contain spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
NBC re-ran show on Sat and I saw it today.

I really like the show. It's been a long time since I've seen a show like this. It reminds me
of shows I used to watch, like St Elsewhere.

I like Kevin. He didn't like the idea he had to keep taking his shirt off to do scenes in the TV
show he was on. I know how much we like seeing men without their shirts, but actors need
to start letting producers and others know if they don't want to do this.

I like twists, specially when I don't figure it out first.

I loved the show, and have recommended it to a few friends up here. That twist last week was a humdinger. Looking forward to the show tonight.

The twist for me was the 3rd baby's identity. I had kind of figured out the parents/kids bit based on spoilers and the promos.

It's hard for me to watch Mandy Moore without picturing Rapunzel. She played Rapunzel in Disney's Tangled and will be reprising her role in a new series in 2017 on Disney Channel. They were fortunate to get all the movie actors to return including Zachary Levi.

I was surprised at the third baby too. I thought it was great. I actually watched it twice. I watch Marvel so I recorded "This Is Us" just to check it out. Wasn't sure if I'd watch but I loved it! Got my daughter to catch it on Netflix or Hulu wherever it was but she hasn't finished it yet! Grandson keeps interrupting. I think it should be really good.

When the kids said the grandparents were at the door, the mother was there, but not the dad...different man......

I guess the only surprise for me was Miguel. I knew the kids were the twins and the baby left at the station. The clothes were very retro. Wonder if the Dad died in a drunk driving accident? Agree he must have died because she is wearing the necklace.

Days could take a lesson in writing.

Am sure we will find out about how dad died. This episode had him promising to quit. Many times, those who abuse alcohol wind up with a liver problem, but he could have had a heart attack, accident...the kids did not seem upset or angry at their deceased father...so, wait and see.

I wasn't surprised to see who mom was with. I'm glad the actors are playing the parts get to
play them when the characters are older. The actor playing Miguel was on Castle.

I finally finally figured out why Kev and Kate don't see Randall since he's on the east coast.
It's going to be interesting to see what happens next.

I love the kids saying about the Big Three

This week, show on earlier. Maybe it's regular time slot.

Last edited:
They reran last week's show last night. Not sure why, but guess trying out time slots or seeing where it fits best??

Tues night isn't a good night against CBS shows. I think it was in the top
25 the first week.

I feel like I need to watch each episode twice in order to fully understand what is going on. I missed the part about Miguel being shown back in 1980. Based on the Twitter comments I was reading, it seemed I wasn't the only one. This is how Scandal was back in seasons 1 and 2 as well. So much going on, blink and you miss something.

really like the show. It's been a long time since I've seen a show like this. It reminds me
of shows I used to watch, like St Elsewhere.
If you remember the show "Thirty Something" back in the day (1987), which this shows gives me the same feeling, it's because Ken Olin who played Michael Steadman and was also a director on that show is also a director on this show.

I think the fact that Miguel was shown so little, he was more or less a background character. Folks did not pay much attention. I think it was in the phone call, where he was trying to get Jack to remember what a great wife he had, that there was a hint of Miguel thinking so highly of her, and how lucky Jack was, etc.

Oh, wow, it was on last night. The entire episode was a fill in when the triplets were born. Showing what happened the day or two before, what happened during the day to the parents, separately and together, the fire station, with the on fireman going to go outside for some air, finding the baby, picking it up, (in the background a male...assuming it is father....taking off when he saw the baby was safe. I am not going to spoil anything for anyone who has not seen the episode, but it sure was good!

Also the events in the life of the doctor who delivered the babies.......before.......and then after the births. Gosh, just so very good.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back