Thursday's wardrobe

SalemPDiots

Reaction score
Okay, I'm just catching up on the week's shows and OMG, who the hell is dressing Abby? That dress they had her in looks like something an old lady would wear. I have a feeling if Kate Mansi was still playing Abby, they never would have put her in that. I feel bad for the actress. And Kate? She looks like a fabric store exploded on her! She's usually pretty trendy, but today, it looks like they threw some garments at her and said, "Wear them all." I'll also never understand why they dress some characters like it's summer, and others like it's winter! Okay, rant over. :confused:

I understand that the actress who plays Abby currently has a thing for "vintage". That is fine for herself personally.

Sometimes, tho, in re: everyone, I think they go to the back of the store, where the unsold disastrous clothing is sole 75% off, and throw them into a bin at Days, blindfold themselves, and just pick items out. :)

Agree, those in charge of wardrobe need some fashion lesson updating...Maybe the folks at What Not To Wear could help.

:clap:It is California, they wear anything! And all the time.

Last edited:
I swear the actress who plays Abby is wearing clothes from her own closet at home. It may be her taste, but not fitting for the wife of a millionaire businessman on the show. That "vow renewal" dress looked like she was still in her nightie.

At least most of the time, Chad has on nicely tailored suits or slacks and shirts.

And if they aren't her personal clothes (since the actress said she loves vintage clothing), then the wardrobe department has copied her personal style completely.

Kate Mansi's Abby (ex-Abby) was more tailored and sophisticated. But this version of Abby is like a 1940's housewife. Not that there's anything wrong with the style, but it doesn't fit the character.

Thanks for the feedback about the reasons for new Abigail's choice of clothing. Maybe the writers should work her fashion preferences into the plot. E.g., Chad asks Abigail why she can't dress more stylishly and that she looks as if she just escaped from a set for Casablanca. Abigail then tearfully accuses Chad of liking Gabi more because her clothes are right in style. Meanwhile, slimy Dario picks up on Abigail's vintage tastes and sweeps her away by dressing like some film noir tough guy from the late 1940s: double-breasted suit, black shirt, white tie, and fedora finished off with an unfiltered Lucky Strike cigarette dangling from his lips.

Back