To ALL Posters/members

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Of late, in visiting other boards which I do at times (not often), I have become more and more aware and disturbed by all the negativity, hate, bashing of actors and characters, writers, stories, etc. Not a single actor or character seems immune to the extremely harsh comments. Whether talking of present day, or future, just nothing positive. Any spoilers are met with derision, storylines are ridiculed, well, you get the idea.

I am so happy, grateful, for the considerate, positive, respectful way you all post. Sure, we are unhappy with certain items.........whether an actor, character, story. But the displeasure is expressed politely, respectfully, actually, pretty carefully. Sure we bash a character.........not an actor. Tho we certainly note when an actor doesn't seem to be living up to potential. Or a storyline. We have dealt with frequent changeovers in writers, again, sometimes happy, sometimes not so much. We have noted how some characters are over exposed, others under utilized.

So, in my rather awkward manner, I am trying to tell you ALL how proud I am of you, as YOU have made this board what it is, made it a safe place to post, whether for or against whatever, you are fun, humorous, intelligent, aware, considerate, thoughtful, helpful, understanding, willing to express your ideas, debate pros and cons, and always respectful.......not only of each other, but of the show we all love. Sure, we find fault, are not happy with the way something may be going, but we love this show. Hey we love family, but don't we find fault or get upset with some things they do. Whether spouses, siblings, parents, relatives.

Again, thank every single one of you, and THANK YOU to Days of Our Lives, which has brought us together here, and made friends of us all.

So, my Spectator friends.......thank you, THANK YOU so very much, for all you do, for being here, for being who you are, for making the Spectator what it is. So much better than what I have seen elsewhere. God Bless you All. Bless your hearts,

Thank you Poirot, that was really sweet of you too post! I definitely appreciate the administrator and moderators who do so much with providing us with content as well as correcting the many grammar/spelling mistakes that are made on the board. (Raises hand of being a suspect of many grammatical errors) LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:
Poirot, thank you thank you THANK YOU!!

Haven't had much of a chance to post on here but wanted to come out of lurking to thank you so much for this. One of the reasons I gravitated to Salem Spectator was the non-threatening tone on here. You could agree or disagree about storylines and characters without being called names. You could like certain actors/actresses without people looking at you like you'd killed someone's puppy.

On certain sites, Shawn Christian (Daniel) was Satan. On here, he was accepted. Oh sure, we may not have liked everything about the character but recognized Shawn was a cool guy, etc.

I have to share one story. On a certain site which I will not name but it doesn't take a Dr. to figure out which one it is, I had a run-in with a moderator who shall remain nameless. Some of you here know I'm a fan of Molly Burnett (Melanie), but in a very much innocent and non-threatening way. This site absolutely hated the character AND the actress and said everyone hated her, which I still think is funny to this day because half of the replies on her Twitter feed are begging her to come back to Days.

This was five years ago and there was a thread about Shelby Young (Kinsey) leaving Days. Instead of wishing Shelby the best, the next poster said "Why couldn't it have been Melanie leaving instead?" I said something like "How about we stick to topic?" Something light and a little funny.

This moderator proceeded to do a "What the f... is your problem" number on me and then accused me of having an unhealthy, stalker-ish infatuation.

Needless to say, I lit into him and said he was very lucky I didn't sue him for defamation of character. I then told him I was done posting there. In a smarmy way he said "Oh you'll be back. People always come back under a different name."

I have not posted at that site in five years. I've looked at some of their stories as a guest, but I won't give him the satisfaction.

So thank you for having a site where ALL of us can feel welcome.

Last edited:
This has to be the most respectful soap board ever. :love: And I thank all you you for it, mods and members. There is enough hate in the real world. I'm so glad there is more love than hate/dislike for our beloved Days, although fictional, it's "real" to us, forever a part of our hearts.

What a thoughtful message Poirot! :) I have been on this message board for years because of the kindness I have received and the friendships that I have made. I may not be the most loved on the board but I found a core group of people who I know will be lifelong friends of mine. I am so blessed to be a fan of something that allows me to make friends from all over the world.

Thank you to each and everyone of you for making my experience on the board a positive one, this is surely a place I can call my second home.:hug:

I am so grateful to be a part of this "family". I am grateful to be able to share concerns and worries at Chapel in the Corner, laugh at silly things, at just for laughs, and get/share recipes at the cookbook (Rew's rum cake comes to mind).

To sum it up this is a wonderful site and I thank you all for adopting me into the Spectator family. Love each and every one of you. :love:

I like to think I'm mature enough to recognise the difference between an actor doing their best and the character they play. Eg, just because I couldn't stand Daniel doesn't mean I had anything against his actor. I never understand why people confuse the two.

Thank you Poirot and all of our great moderators for maintaining our board. The members here have become my second family and many of you I've also befriended on Facebook. I'm proud to be a member of this board. I'm never even tempted to look at another. I prefer to visit sites that I'd be comfortable with my daughter looking over my shoulder and I feel that way about the Spectator. Bravo!!

Amen to all the comments above. Thank you Poirot for all your hard work in keeping this board such an enjoyable and civil place to visit. Everyday it's filled with useful insights, opinions, and good humor. I too have occasionally seen comments another soap boards and have been appalled by how nasty they are. The same goes for some other boards I've visited. One used by legal academics often has nasty hypercritical remarks, and the board dedicated to my old college's sports teams was often a nest of incivility until the moderator got fed up and banned all political commentary.

I echo all of the comments above. This is a fun board to come to (AHEM.......even if Poirot's opinion on scruffy guys in wrong) :wink:, I enjoy coming to this board and is actually the only one I come to and belong to. I would also say thanks to the moderators for the job they do here. They go above and beyond. I love the interactions with the members and I have to say thank you to @katmouse for always starting the twitter thread and for posting instagram and twitter posts.

hamster_wheel_running-300x300.jpg

I echo everything as well. Thanks to Poirot, Just Samantha, Sparkster and Wayne (hamsters still need to spin) for keeping this environment fun and friendly and on topic. I too have connected with several folks primarily on twitter but it's nice to get to know folks outside of the Days related stuff. Actors do sometimes get involved in current events and while I do think it's Days newsworthy, I understand why these things aren't mentioned here since they can lead to unnecessary personal tangents as I've seen on other boards.

Back