To Days Viewers

(Speaking of which, I was home yesterday to watch and saw that Harry Connick Jr has a show right after? When did that happen?!)
Harry Connick's talk show started in September. It's on all different stations, though, as it's syndicated, not an NBC show. In my area, it runs on the Fox station.

I've watched the show off and on since I was in college. I stopped watching for awhile
when the characters got killed when Reilly was writing. I slowly started watching again
when they all came back.

Like everything else, the show has good days and bad days.

I'm glad I found this board after NBC closed theirs down. Thanks to the mods who keep
it friendly and safe place for us to come.

Last edited:
I don't think that anyone is leaving over a storyline or a character. I think we have taken hit after hit after hit in the past couple years. Gloom and doom, characters written so far off base that they are barely recognizable, storylines that drag or are so ridiculous, history of major characters being rewritten, cougar hook up after hook up, writers in, writers out, wash, rinse, repeat, and more.

It's a television show, something a person chooses to watch, not something they should be shamed for not watching. I used to love watching Law and Order SVU, but it faded for me when certain ones left etc. So now I love watching Chicago Med. And that's OK, it's entertainment, not a life sentence.

@NikkiFan I couldn't have said it any better myself. The show as a whole has progressively gotten worse in part due to bad writing but in bigger part due to bad decision making from Corday and company. Dena Higley never should have been rehired a 3rd time. I don't think I can recall a time where I've ever seen such consistent disdain about this show as a whole. And it's not really limited to one particular storyline or character. It's the direction of the show as a whole, the lack of drama, the lack of buildup, the lack of payoff. It's all missing right now.

That said, I keep the show on my DVR out of habit. I do watch everyday though I don't feel compelled to watch everything. I am no longer watching the show live either but since I watch on DVR same day, my rating should count. I have a big travel stretch coming up so if I miss a day or 2, I won't cry about it. I've been watching since 1989 through some really good and really bad stretches. Since 2012, I'd say it's been probably the worst stretch I've seen. I do wish NBC would take over ownership of the show from Corday. I think that would help immensely.

I don't think that anyone is leaving over a storyline or a character. I think we have taken hit after hit after hit in the past couple years. Gloom and doom, characters written so far off base that they are barely recognizable, storylines that drag or are so ridiculous, history of major characters being rewritten, cougar hook up after hook up, writers in, writers out, wash, rinse, repeat, and more.

It's a television show, something a person chooses to watch, not something they should be shamed for not watching. I used to love watching Law and Order SVU, but it faded for me when certain ones left etc. So now I love watching Chicago Med. And that's OK, it's entertainment, not a life sentence.

I think this is it and I am taking a wait and see on the latest writing change (how many changes have we had the last few years by the way?). Of late it has been better so I am hopeful

Boy I haven't posted here in forever. I started watching Days as a kid in the late 70's. Really fell in love with it in the 80's (Bo and Hope = swoon). Since then I have watched off and on, but mostly on. The times I stopped were largely due to my hectic life. However, the last time I actually watched an episode was sometime around when Will was murdered I think. I didn't stop due to one storyline. It was the show as a whole. I just couldn't find any interest in spending an hour of my precious free time daily watching a show I was so disappointed in.

With all that said, I DVR it not only in my living room but my bedroom as well because, well you never know. I still keep up with everything because I still come here almost daily. :)

Right now I don't watch simply because I don't have enough time (I don't DVR it because often when I get home from work and school, I'm still too tired, have too much homework, or have other shows to watch that are more interesting as a whole than Days). There have been times when I quit altogether, such as when EJ-Sami were a pairing. I could not give my ratings to a writing team that believes a fairy tale romance is acceptable for a rape situation. After that was done away with, and before I became as busy as I am now, I watched again, even when the soap wasn't so interesting.

In any case, I'm not ever going to fully quit the soap. I still come and read the daily summaries (to which I am incredibly thankful to Poirot, JasonD, and anyone else who writes them). I feel like while the soap at the moment is disappointing, we do get two-week stretches at least every month where it is interesting. And right now, it's far from being the worst writing we've ever seen (fake Rafe, Taylor & EJ, Kate and Ian's relationship, the Anastasia egg in 2012, Austin and Abigail, EJ & Sami, etc).

Puddle Duck, great to see you post again!

I don't post often, but I come here daily to read. I do not go to any other sites and I think I actually found this one by accident. I've watched days since 1987. Granted, there have been times I couldn't wait to watch it and then times when I could wait, but I still watched.

I have no plans to stop watching, it just may not be the first show I pull up on the DVR at times. I haven't liked all the storylines and twists that they have, but in all honestly, who has? Do I agree with all the couple choices? No. But I still watch because I overall like the show.

I haven't been posting as much lately, but I am still watching daily even though the show is not that interesting right now. I agree with others that said it is the show as a whole that has gone down, not a certain storyline or character. I watched the show off and on for years since 1984, and missed most of the early 90s because I was working then and going to grad school at night. However, I came back and watched the show off and on, and started watching daily since 2013. I will probably watch it or keep up with it on this site until it ends, but I am not going to be upset if I miss a day here and there.

I'm a 3rd generation Days watcher. I've been watching since Alex was shot (early 81). That was what hooked me. I figured I'd check it out the next day to see who shot him, and it was months and months until the big reveal. Slowly but surely, the writers got me hooked on everything and everyone, and not just the who dunnit I started watching.

I have been one of the fans that has taken a break in recent years, something I never would have imagined in the 80's. Writers come and go, I get that, but my problem is when they don't know or understand the characters they are writing for, and drastically change personalities. When the characters become unrecognizable, I find the show unwatchable. When they use the same plot point over and over again, I find the show difficult to watch.

I said it before, how many unknown children have come to Salem these last few years? It's insane. There are actually a few of these stories going on at once now, maybe more if you want to count Holly as an unknown child. And the unknown child of an unknown child who had another unknown child. (can you follow that?) Holly & Melanie are both Daniels "unknown" children. And he's an unknown child. How absurd.

So yes - there are times it's just too absurd for me to watch, but it's still on the DVR every day. And I don't erase until I at least FF through it and I still come here to read which helps me decide what may be worth watching. But it's been a long time since there has been a compelling reason to watch. Steve & Kayla's wedding was one, and that got pre-empted. I long for the days when I couldn't wait to get home and see what happened on Days. That's the show I started watching, but it's not the show that is currently on the air.

I guess I'm saying I see both sides on this one.

No matter what, thanks to those that make this board entertaining and informative. It's greatly appreciated.

Back