TV Guide - Nicole

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
An interview with Arianne Zucker (Nicole) by Michael Logan is in TV Guide this week......and ...on March 1, Nicole takes Holly and goes on the run.

Ms. Walker says she has no idea what Nicole is thinking, or IF she is even thinking. She just wants time with the tiny baby, saying it could last a week.....or years??? She gets the chance, seizes the moment and off she goes.

Interestingly, Nicole learns Eric is out of prison, is totally upset, Ari Zucker thinks Nicole would kill if she got the chance. Yep, she talks about all this grief Nicole still is feeling over the loss of her Daniel, the only man who brought her "true happiness".

Logan comments that Ari Zucker really doesn't want Nicole to be happy, as it is "kiss of death" on soaps. Ari Zucker laughed, Nicole sure has her share of misery, but Ari Zucker is just happy her character is still here, tries to make sure the audience still cares about her, so doesn't mind the misery. Says if one wants to be happy, one should not move to Salem.

There is also a "rap sheet" of all of Nicole's misdeeds.........though I think one is not exactly worded right. It refers to the worst crime, the infamous bacteria infection Chloe got. The article says Nicole put the bacterial on the scalpel.

But I do seem to remember that Nicole was to sterilize the instruments used on a previous surgery, knew the scalpel/patient was flesh eating bacteria, so just did not sterilize the scalpel, tho she presented it to the operating team as done. Small point, maybe. But Nicole did not put it there, it was already there.

So Nicole wants Eric dead but she can easily forgive Deimos and EJ for all they have done. Didn't EJ set the plan in motion that killed her mother? Meanwhile, Eric had forgiven her repeatedly for her own bad deeds and professed his love for her. I'm done with Nicole.

I have to say I love Ari Zucker (Nicole). She is beautiful as she is sassy and talented with wit. I always loved the character of Nicole, just not so much during the EJ years. She is spot on with "kiss of death"....sappy and happy goes so boring. I was bored with Sonny and Will being "too perfect" in the beginning and truly both characters ended up leaving the show as a result and now we have a revamped Sonny who has better writing.

So Nicole wants Eric dead but she can easily forgive Deimos and EJ for all they have done. Didn't EJ set the plan in motion that killed her mother? Meanwhile, Eric had forgiven her repeatedly for her own bad deeds and professed his love for her. I'm done with Nicole.
Consistency is not exactly common in Salemites. An enraged Hope shot Stefano when she thought he'd caused the death of her beloved Bo, but when it was learned that it was really Deimos, she didn't lift a finger. Maybe if she'd made a case against Salem's leading pianist, he wouldn't now be roaming free, causing havoc. As for Nicole and the Hollynapping, have the writers figured a way to keep her out of jail when she is inevitably caught? Will the diva forgive all or will another pardon be extorted from the hapless governor? And will Baby Holly now vanish from the screen -- permanently in Chicago in the care of Chloe and her goofy mother? This would serve the writers' and TPTB's interests -- no bother of having an infant on the set, and it sets the stage for Holly to return someday as a predictably awful teen. E.g., future Chloe: "Here, Nicole, you can have the brat back. She's a total delinquent -- probably your DNA kicking in."

this would serve the writers' and TPTB's interests -- no bother of having an infant on the set, and it sets the stage for Holly to return someday as a predictably awful teen
They better speed this up. Joey needs a new romance (provided that the writers don't change Holly's paternity).

TamiBelle, it was a case of a new scene where the nurse comes into the room complaining about a drunk who was causing troubles (during the fertility doctor appointment flashback with Daniel, Nicole and Chloe).

Why mention a drunk? It's thought Eric might have been the drunk who dropped off a "sample" and it was used instead of Dr. Dan Tan's by mistake. Because, only in Salem.

if one wants to be happy, one should not move to Salem.
That, folks, says it all! Arianne Zucker (Nicole) is right. If everybody in Salem was happy, there would be no reason to watch. Soaps are all about drama. Happy is always elusive and never lasts.

edited to add actress' last name and character name - please remember not everyone knows the actors' real names - JS

For all of the times Daniel has "reappeared", would this not have been a good time for him to talk Nicole "off the ledge"? Same story, different day. How many times can she kidnap a baby and go on the run? Really looking forward to seeing where the new writers take her character.

Back