TV Guide's all time 60 baddest villains

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
TV Guide is celebrating being 60 years old, and so listed their 60 baddest villains. The top 10 had little bits of info about why they were chosen. I thought maybe you all might be interested in some of these.
#1 ....was J.R. Ewing of Dallas fame.
#5.....the one armed man from The Fugitive
#7.....Alexis Colby of Dynasty
#8......Barnabas Collins..of that afternoon chiller...Dark Shadows
#10...Simon Cowell (this cracked me up) Yep, that American Idol isn't the same without him

The rest were just named......and among them my dear friends.....mind you, these are the BADDEST villains...
Richard Hatch from the Survivor
Gordon Ramsey (Hell's Kitchen)
Omarosa....yes, she made the list....from The Apprentice (Donald Trump will be so proud)
And then
Frank Burns of M*A*S*H*
Louie (Danny DiVito) from Taxi
Newman of Seinfeld
Al Capone - The Untouchables
Mrs. O'Brien of Downton Abbey (LOL)
Boss Hogg - The Dukes of Hazard
and who can leave out.. Wile E Coyote (giggling allowed here)
And not to forget the land of soaps.....only two villains made the list, and nope, not Stefano
Erica Kane from All My Children
Alan Spaulding of Guiding Light (he was a definitely one)

Yes there are more.....but just thought these all might be the most well known. To tell the truth, tho I agree about Richard Hatch, I sooo disliked him, I am surprised Russell did not beat him out. I stopped watching Survivor the lst time I watched that guy the one season.

They chose characters from Daytime soaps......ERica Kane & Alan Spaulding. I don't know about Erica but I do know about Alan (played by two different actors). I think the criteria was that overall, the character was liked/loved despite their cruelty/meaness...Alan Spaulding was one nasty individual, sort of on the order of J.R. Ewing.

There were 60 altogether and of course I have not named them all. Heck, many were from shows I never watched, or even never heard of. When you think of finding villains from over 60 years of day and night TV, and tho only 3 networks at first, now there are hundreds of cable channels added......there are a lot of villains going to be not on this list.

I wonder if Lex Luthor from the Superman shows or The Joker, Penguin, Riddler, or Catwoman from the Batman shows were mentioned. They were funny, good, rootable villains.

What a fun yet mind boggling task that would be to choose only 60 out the endless possibilities from all time.

Balthazar/Cole was a good villain on Charmed. Glad to see Lex Luthor & The Joker made the list. Especially the ones from the older tv shows. Cesar Romero made a deranged sociopath murderer so likeable & funny. I wondered about Dexter also. That was a good show that kept me in suspense.

Back