Twitter week Aug 22

Guess what? People with VCRs still use them, and they still sell blank tapes. I have TWO VCRs, (they just cannot record from the sattelite receiver, but they do play tapes. LOL

I have a VCR as well. It's a combo unit in my bedroom: TV/VCR/DVD. Pretty sure my actual VCR is lying round somewhere too. I still have some of my Disney movies on VCR from when they first came out. I learned recently they are actually worth a lot so I don't plan to sell them.

It's interesting to learn that some posters still have their VCRs. Our early '80s model gave good service for many years before it finally died. Back then, I was teaching American history to eighth graders and running the AV room in a middle school. In addition to several modern early 80s 1/2-inch tape VCRs, there was one old clunky 3/4-inch tape model left over from the 1970s, which looked something like the one below. It had gotten creaky and to make it play, the user had to take the metal top off and give the moving parts a nudge before it would begin playing.

2630.gif

Back