Twitter week Feb 27

But back in the day, soaps weren't keen on letting their stars (contract or recurring) make appearances on other soaps (unless they were "sister" soaps, like Y&R and B&B, Another World and Texas, General Hospital and Port Charles, etc.)

Actors who are recurring can do that. They are NOT on contract. Joe Mascolo (Stefano) WAS on contract.

I guess it's no different than actors starring on prime time while appearing on the soap? For example, Christopher Sean (Paul) and Greg Vaughan (Eric) are also on primetime shows.

Patrika Darbo (Nancy) recently tweeted that she was done at Days because she was now on contract at B&B. Our loss their gain.

I thought Jason47 had mentioned one of the TBD waiters was also on Y&R at the same time.

She's been airing on B&B for a few weeks now. Considering Days is 5+ months ahead in taping and B&B only tapes 4-6 weeks in advance, she was probably long done with Days before she started at B&B. Yet, she's airing on B&B first with some Days episodes to come later.

That's what happened with the guy who was the cop involved with Joey/Patch/Kayla. He did his scenes 5 months earlier. Then he taped scenes for Y&R months later and they happened to both air at the same time.

Yeah, there was a big article about it, as the character of Sally Spectra had been a "larger than life", one hoot of a person. The actress passed away (was that Darlene Conley?) and I guess the show decided they wanted the company back, so along comes Shirley. And Patrika Darbo (Shirley) is perfect, I would think.

Such a trip! I was at the gym over a week ago and saw Wally Kurth (Justin) on thinking to myself, my Days is on much earlier and who are these characters? All I know is it was a soap I never watch. I just thought the exact same thing, ah now that's the beauty of being recurring! The exact same thing happened with Kristen how I remembered!

Back