Twitter week Sept 18

Although I think he still can sing well, some performers lose the ability to hit certain notes, or their voices "crack" at some point. Happened to Sinatra, I remember, but Tony Bennett is still singing at age 91. Bless their hearts.

Last edited:
In the movie Mean Girls (with Lindsay Lohan), a character keeps using the word "fetch", saying it's British slang for something neat/cool. At one point, the head of the Mean Girls (Rachel McAdams) snaps at her and says "stop trying to make fetch happen!"

(I know about the Mean Girls thing ) Doesn't seem that is the meaning Ron C. was going after. Stop trying to make fetch happen.?
Stop trying to make "cool" happen? Weird.

Not to me.........so...he is saying "cool" won't happen but Eric & Nicole will? Sorry, I just do not get it at all.

The phrase "stop trying to make fetch happen" doesn't mean stop trying to make something cool happen. Just means stop trying to make "something" happen that isn't going to catch on. It appears he's just joking about something that won't happen to counterbalance something that he's hinting at that will happen.

I think everybody is taking the word fetch and the phrase too literally. It's just a silly phrase from a movie to mean something isn't going to catch on. Like if I decided Days should be renamed "Razz-ma-tazz of Our Lives" and brought it up every day. You could say to me to "JS, stop trying to make fetch happen" as a way of saying no one will ever start calling the show "Razz-ma-tazz of Our Lives".

"Fetch". Even I can honestly say, that has got me lost. I have seen " Mean Girls" dozens of times with friends and don't know how that missed me as I use lots of slang as is, though toned down.

Had no idea the actors who played Thomas were female twins, that's a fun fact.

LOL...at that, Kat.

But, in all honesty, I don't think the majority of viewers, or perhaps those on twitter, get the "fetch" comment........and J.S., I guarantee I would NEVER USE the word fetch as you mentioned in the example. Like Kat.....you get a dog to fetch the stick you throw, or you go down in the basement or garage to fetch some long ago stored item. LOL

I think the whole fetch thing is just whether you've seen the movie and use the quote or not. Not everybody has heard or used all popular movie quotes. We can all use movie (or TV) quotes that some will get and some won't.

Was just trying to show an example of how it could be used, and that the particular word "fetch" doesn't really mean anything in Ron's tweet.

Back