SPOILER !! Two actors off contract

Jason47

Reaction score
ALMA DELFINA WRAPS STINT AS ADRIANA and A MARTINEZ (Eduardo) MOVES TO RECURRING.

14212106_777786139030329_7475571515610029911_n.jpg

Alma Delfina (Adriana) and A Martinez (Eduardo) were removed from the credits today. Martinez will remain on recurring status. No word yet if Delfina will appear again, but yesterday may have been her last episode.

We usually have a heads up on when last airdates will be at least. There was no advance notice that Sal Stowers (Lani), Alexander Bruszt (Fynn) or Alma Delfina (Adriana) had totally wrapped, until afterwards when their names were removed from the credits.

What I meant is one day the character is there and then they are never mentioned again. Or they get a brief throw-away line, such as "So-and-so went to Chicago" and that's it.

At least write them out properly. Let us see them talking to out-of-town relatives and saying they are going to see them, or relocating for work, etc.

Would've been nice for Lani to say goodbye to Abe and Theo. Maybe say she was going back Florida to take care of her mother.

Fynn could've made a comment about going back to Australia. Or getting a new job offer in another city.

The trouble is, the show gets the idea to bring characters or rather create characters, and it is a good idea, but then they have absolutely NO story for them. Really, all Lani did was eavesdrop at work, Blanca did nothing, Fynn was around a bit as the doc, especially after Daniel was gone, Mami cooked. We heard they were nurses, but they were never shown doing that, or even talking of it.

But I think once the decision was made to change head writers......the "past" just got wiped away. I certainly am glad A Martinez (Eduardo) is still on recurring, he is such a good actor, and they never ever took advantage. Guess Mami went to take care of her sister again, huh?

I'm happy with this. In terms of Eduardo, sometimes recurring characters air just as much as contract players. This probably gives him more flexibility for other projects too.

In the case of Lani, I strongly suspect that a lot of her scenes were cut. We know she and Shawn slept together based on their dialogue yet we never saw it. Josh Griffith seemed to have an affinity for vets only so it seemed a lot of the younger crowd were cut and/or moved to backburner.

Well, I'm a true blue Mami Hernandez fan and a part of me is sorry to see her go, although, I do admit the writing for her has not been stellar. If they're not going to do anything interesting with the character, it's best to let her go, I suppose. :(

However, I'm glad to see Eduardo is still going to be around in some capacity.

Generally speaking, I have enjoyed the Hernandez family scenes so in that regard I will miss Mami. I didn't really care for the way she tried to insert herself into Rafe's love life. I thought Blanca was going to be more of a presence in the Rafe/Hope/Aiden story but she's barely been a blip on the radar so I'm actually surprised that she's still around to be honest. I enjoyed the 30 seconds of romance we got between Adriana and Eduardo so it's really too bad they couldn't keep her on as recurring. Glad to hear that Eduardo will be back though. I thought he might be gone but apparently not.

I think Mami was wasted. She and Blanca were supposed to be nurses, but yet we never saw them in that capacity. She would have had a place on the show at least as a recurring character if they had used her correctly. Instead, they had her cooking in Rafe's kitchen and interfering in his love life. I also would have liked to have seen how Mami would have reacted to Eve if they had shared scenes together, the other woman who had a child with Eduardo and which he stayed with until Paige was 10, as he told her he could not stay with her and the family as it put them in danger.

I'm glad Eduardo will be back as a recurring character. I like A. Martinez and I liked it when the show brought him on last fall.

Back