SPOILER !! Two actors off contract

Regardless of what one thought of the Hernandez family follies, having Mami just vanish from Salem like some DiMera victim or dime-store villain is absurd. Sure, the new writers may not have been interested in keeping Rafe's relatives front and center, but they could have at least come up with some quick-and-easy rationale for Mami's absence. And, frankly, if Hernandezes had to go, they picked the wrong one. A far better candidate would have been slimy petty criminal, Dario, whose role as Nicole's confidante has never made sense. In fact, when Deimos opened the door today to find this lowlife on his doorstep making stupid threats, he might have paraphrased the last words of Dr. Trent Robbins uttered just before Tricky Nicky stabbed him: "Imagine, a sleaze like you as Nicole's knight in shining armor."

Last edited:
I think their keeping Dario around for a reason. There was rumors he would be working with Deimos to spy on Chloe. I take it Rafe kicks him to the curb after the truth comes out and Deimos feels sorry for him as Nicole's friend. However I do feel this could land him closer to Nicole.

Alma Delfina (Mama Hernandez) was/is a good actress, but Mama H was a complete waste of time. I do like that they're keeping Eduardo. A Martinez (Eduardo) is a great actor. I hope they have him in scenes with John & Steve at BlackPatch®

Can Dario be next to leave, please?? Then send Rafe to prison OFF SCREEN for about 6 months. Blanca...I got nothin. Good actress, but she was only brought on to prop Rafe & Hope, in my never to be humble opinion.

Edited to add - WHY didn't they test Blanca with Lucas and/or Brady??? sigh

Guess we all have our likes and dislikes. I also thought Mami a good actress, who was given lousy story. Blanca was unnecessary addition, had no story, just did not fit it anywhere. I truly am glad to hear about A.Martinez (Eduardo) making the decision to go to recurring. For as much as he was being used, it was a good move for the actor, who really is great.

I like Rafe a lot, and love having him on the police force. I really do not like him paired with Hope, so why not let him just do the cop stuff, interacting a bit with whoever comes along as characters come and go......and heck, who knows where chemistry might strike!

As to Dario......so far, he has truly had lousy story, in fact, really NO story, as he just meanders in and out of various storylines as needed. What else is needed for him is a razor. Egads! The actor really is a good one, but the character just is not working as is being written.

Well, if A Martinez (Eduardo) wanted recurring, then I suppose that's fine. But that doesn't mean that Alma Defina (Mama Hernandez) had to go! I thought she was wonderful and added a definitely structured family element back into things - a matriarch. We don't have a good strong matriarch anymore, not since Alice Horton (my opinion), who could still be family oriented, involved in things, on screen and be interesting.

I thought they could have built that around Mama Hernandez, and with the right storyline building Gabi, Rafe, and Dario could be significant in Salem. As it is now, Dario is a waste of time, Gabi seems to be acting like a tattling child ("Mami, Dario left and he didn't say goodbye!"), and Rafe.... *sigh*.

Well it looks like she can go back to being the absent mother for everything that happens in their lives again. Honestly, I really don't get A Martinez/Eduardo signing on as recurring. He is hardly on the show even now, as being contract. I wonder how they will explain Mami being gone?

I like Mama Hernandez but not the way the turned her into Maggie with an accent and nosing in everybody's business. I like Papa Hernandez. Dario can go away after getting his own sister attacked. Dario is being an idiot with his hatred for his father.

Mami/Blanca = Maggie/Summer. Come on, writers.

Well, to give credit, slim as it is, Dario did admonish that jerk he hired for grabbing his sister. He said the guy was supposed to go after his brother. But the guy said the brother was a cop, so he did not want to mess with him. He got the job done, the message given, so what's the big deal?

I was starting to like Dario with Nicole, oh well. Dario has been so shady. Need a larger backstory maybe? Instead of daddy issues and being a con with Summer.

Regardless of what one thought of the Hernandez family follies, having Mami just vanish from Salem like some DiMera victim or dime-store villain is absurd. Sure, the new writers may not have been interested in keeping Rafe's relatives front and center, but they could have at least come up with some quick-and-easy rationale for Mami's absence. And, frankly, if Hernandezes had to go, they picked the wrong one. A far better candidate would have been slimy petty criminal, Dario, whose role as Nicole's confidante has never made sense. In fact, when Deimos opened the door today to find this lowlife on his doorstep making stupid threats, he might have paraphrased the last words of Dr. Trent Robbins uttered just before Tricky Nicky stabbed him: "Imagine, a sleaze like you as Nicole's knight in shining armor."
In addition to these comments, the writers missed an opportunity with Mami. Yes, she was way, way too interested in her adult son's love life, but she was a strong, family-oriented woman who actually did something rare in Salem history -- she regularly prepared real meals for her family. And if she was a nurse, she could have filled the niche that's sadly been vacant since the departure of Maxine -- the one competent hospital employee who tells it like it is. A few examples:

Mami to those visitors use the nurses' station to gossip and drink coffee: You can't be here. If you want to hang out and drink coffee get yourselves over to Club TBD -- now.

Mami to Dr. Dingo Fynn: Doctor, quit drooling over the attractive women patients. It's unprofessional and disgusting. We had enough of that when Jonas was here.

Mami to Jenny: Nice of you to come to work -- it's about time.

Mami to Kayla: Doctor, give your poor husband a break on that counseling thing. He's had a tough life and at least he isn't a retired assassin.

Back