Undermining DiMera Corp.

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The more one thinks about who could be trying to bring down the DiMera company, the more one discards the people presently shown. While Andre seems a good choice, he really DOES want to run the company himself, so it doesn't seem he would cause so much havoc.

Last night, trying to fall asleep. I was pondering this, and since it was revealed a while ago about a couple of people coming to Salem in the future......Vivian & an unknown male....could it be Viv, and nephew Nicky Alamain? Oh, the male could be anyone, a new character perhaps, but obviously, someone with a good knowledge of computers, has been hacking into the DiMera systems, taking the info and beating them to the punch time and time again.

Eve...doubt it. Andre? don't think so. An outsider not yet revealed seems to perhaps be the answer.

What bugs me about the story is that if they all know their computers are being monitored, why not stop using them. Use other ways to keep your information & plans. A notebook that you have with you at all times? In person verbal conversations?

Well, obviously, am no corporate genius, just surprised that such a savvy group of people has this constantly happening to them, but doesn't change the way they operate.

Since almost everyone who comes to Salem has an agenda, I think it's likely that it's Vivian (I :SHUDDER:: at her return) or someone else who feels they have been "done wrong" in Salem. It's seems to me that any corporate raider would at least go after a company that has, for its offices, more than a booth at the pub, a bench in park or a bush at the town square.

Last edited:
I reckon the villain could be EJ. (My "shocked" smiley is missing today!?) He would have had to be very lucky with his post-death investments, though. :rolleyes:

What bugs me about the story is that if they all know their computers are being monitored, why not stop using them. Use other ways to keep your information & plans. A notebook that you have with you at all times? In person verbal conversations? Well, obviously, am no corporate genius, just surprised that such a savvy group of people has this constantly happening to them, but doesn't change the way they operate.
Actually, the security failures at DiMera Enterprises are not all that surprising. Salemites are notoriously careless about locking doors and windows, so why would they be any more careful with their computer systems? (Their laptops, IPads, and PCs probably don't even have an anti-virus program.) What Kate should be doing is hiring cyber security professionals instead of a mere college student.

As for who's out to ruin the family company, I agree that Vivian is the likely choice, but it seems that her first target should be Titan. After all, it was Brady, a Kiriakis family member, who cooped up her up in the high-tech sarcophagus and later dumped her and poor Gus on some deserted island. And when people came to the mausoleum to gawk at the captive Vivian, it was Victor's family and friends, not EJ, Stefano, and Andre.

It has to be Vivian. I would hope Ron Carlivati brought back Vivian for that reason, to bring back that classic Kate vs Vivian duel. Kate hasn't had anyone to go against her much in years, and Vivian has and been capable of putting Kate down to her knees. Get ready for altercations and slap fights in 2018, I expect. Heck, I would not be surprised if Vivian goes after Eve to get back at Victor.

Vivian is the key here. Venomous Vivian. I think she will definitely cause some trauma. Victor better watch out, tooooooooo. It may be that Philip could be making an appearance. Where there is Viv, you usually have Philip around. ShaSha

I think it's Linda Anderson, who's mad that Anderson Manufacturing was vertically integrated into DiMera. She comes to town with her daughter Melissa, who is of no relation to anybody in Salem.

Or perhaps it's Julie, working with evicted Martin House residents to exact revenge upon Kate.

It could be Kate herself who is doing this playing the concerned victim. My husband read a spoiler that Kate is the one really doing this to frame Andre and get him out of the picture, pitting brother against brother, leaving it open for Kate to take control of DiMera Enterprises.

I'm hoping it's Viv but given that the actor who plays Andre will be returning to General Hospital, the rumour/spoiler makes sense.

OK, I found the stories and it's just speculation due to a current GH storyline. But it states that due to being on Days, Victor Cassadine (the role he played) would have to be recast.

Back