SPOILER !! Updated Oct/Nov casting teaser

Jason47

Reaction score
Many returns and departures set as Days wraps October and heads into November sweeps.

14612425_799278906881052_7765551813271324014_o.jpg

As "Days" wraps up October and heads into November sweeps, there's lots of arrivals and departures in store. Charles Shaughnessy and Patsy Pease return as Shane and Kimberly; Patrika Darbo returns as Chloe's mom, Nancy; Valerie Grant, now played by Vanessa Williams, returns to Salem for the first time since 1982; Jen Lilley wraps up her three-and-a-half year stint as Theresa; Marci Miller makes her debut as the new Abigail; Brandon Beemer returns from his short hiatus as Shawn; Spencer Neville returns as Derrick, the bellhop; Marsha Clark and Laura Kai Chen return as Judge Fitzpatrick and Melinda Trask; and another Salemite says farewell.

Nancy's coming back? Nicole better warn Deimos about what he might be up against. As for Judge Fitzpatrick and Melinda Trask, this looks promising. A bought-and-paid-for DiMera judge and a barracuda, no-holds-barred prosecutor ought to make for quite a contrast. And what will Melinda think of slimy D.A. Aiden Jennings? Maybe she could do Rafe and Hope a favor and launch an investigation that will have the sleazy attorney either fleeing Salem or facing criminal charges. (If it's the latter, whom could he use as a character witness -- the little dead bird?)

Uh, oh, "another Salemite says farewell"??? Obviously, there is a trial. So who is on trial...and why? Hope for killing Stefano.Someone for killing Aiden?

Wonder if the Salemite leaving might be Aiden??

I mean, Aiden is the D.A. but Melinda Trask is doing the prosecuting here. Interesting.

My guess is Aiden as well as the one leaving.

Also guessing Shawn is back this week or next based on when we saw him in behind the scene photos. Now I just need Belle back too and both of them back permanently and I'd be happy.

I hope wardrobe does a better job on Melinda Trask's wardrobe as her skirts were a bit transparent last time. My guess is Hope is the one on trial either for killing Stefano or for killing Aiden. Shawn may be returning to look after his sister.

My guess (and only guess) from tweets is Shawn and Belle are only around for the length of Brandon Beemer's (Shawn) 13 week arc that he came back for. I hope I am wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
They were back longer than that based on tweets. Now the cast is radio silent again. So I'm hopeful they are still there and it just hasn't been officially announced. Martha Madison (Belle) hasn't resumed her weekly radio show since she initially started taping so that gives me hope.

They were back longer than that based on tweets. Now the cast is radio silent again. So I'm hopeful they are still there and it just hasn't been officially announced. Martha Madison (Belle) hasn't resumed her weekly radio show since she initially started taping so that gives me hope.

Also I follow Martha Madison (Belle) on Twitter and remember a post which led me to believe she was done.

I have a feeling it's going to be Aiden and so many people want him gone. I wonder
if he's going to turn up dead?

They should have kept Aiden. What are they going to do with Hope and Rafe as a pairing without Aiden? They are so boring right now and even worse when they have scenes without Aiden around.

Days is a mess right now. They need to make some big changes with the cast. Deimos and Nicole are awful too. Like Hope and Rafe there is no chemistry between them.

None of Days current pairings except maybe JJ and Gabi have any chemistry together.

Days need to get rid of Dario and Deimos for a start. They just aren't working. Eduardo is also not really needed so they should get rid of him too.

Not interested in this new woman for Abe. Don't know her character so she will be another one I don't care about. And she is way too young to be put with Abe.

Abe is a good character but giving him a love interest and a story isn't going to attract new viewers. He is too old to be in a front burner story. What viewers are they hoping to attract with his story?

He is better off just being a parent to Theo and being Mayor. I like his scenes with Theo.

And what is with this 3 villains story? It's gone on too long and is becoming boring. Who though bringing Clyde, Xander and Orpheus back would bring in new viewers or even get viewers too return?

There are other characters they could have brought back that would have been better and more interesting then these three. I'm just not interested in any of them. Bringing these 3 back was a waste of money.

Poor decisions are being made behind the scenes and the writing and stories are poor. The writers are destroying Hope's character by putting her with Rafe and it's not fun to watch.

Then there is Kate. I like Lauren Koslow (Kate) but what story is there left to tell for her character. Roman also is not needed. They should have had Bo take over Roman's job and got rid of Roman years ago before they let Peter Reckell (Bo) walk away due to them not wanting to give him a story. Roman not being around would have given Peter Reckell (Bo) plenty of story. Instead we are stuck with no Bo and boring Roman.

I wonder if we will ever see Hope and Marlena ever share scenes. I can't remember the last time they had scenes together. It's ridiculous. If it's to make Hope and Rafe more believable age wise then it needs to stop. I want to see Hope have scenes with other people. Right now it seems Hope isn't allowed to have scenes with anyone but Rafe.

And where is Caroline? I'm starting to forget what she looks like!

At this rate if changes aren't made Days will end up cancelled.

Like I said before poor decisions being made behind the scenes and even favoritism of certain actors is sending the show even further into a downward spiral.

Sometimes hard decisions have to be made but Ken Corday won't make the tough calls. Right now the show seems to be poorly managed.

Back