SPOILER !! Updated Oct/Nov casting teaser

They should have kept Aiden. What are they going to do with Hope and Rafe as a pairing without Aiden? They are so boring right now and even worse when they have scenes without Aiden around.

Days is a mess right now. They need to make some big changes with the cast. Deimos and Nicole are awful too. Like Hope and Rafe there is no chemistry between them.

None of Days current pairings except maybe JJ and Gabi have any chemistry together.

Days need to get rid of Dario and Deimos for a start. They just aren't working. Eduardo is also not really needed so they should get rid of him too.

Not interested in this new woman for Abe. Don't know her character so she will be another one I don't care about. And she is way too young to be put with Abe.

Abe is a good character but giving him a love interest and a story isn't going to attract new viewers. He is too old to be in a front burner story. What viewers are they hoping to attract with his story?

He is better off just being a parent to Theo and being Mayor. I like his scenes with Theo.

And what is with this 3 villains story? It's gone on too long and is becoming boring. Who though bringing Clyde, Xander and Orpheus back would bring in new viewers or even get viewers too return?

There are other characters they could have brought back that would have been better and more interesting then these three. I'm just not interested in any of them. Bringing these 3 back was a waste of money.

Poor decisions are being made behind the scenes and the writing and stories are poor. The writers are destroying Hope's character by putting her with Rafe and it's not fun to watch.

Then there is Kate. I like Lauren Koslow (Kate) but what story is there left to tell for her character. Roman also is not needed. They should have had Bo take over Roman's job and got rid of Roman years ago before they let Peter Reckell (Bo) walk away due to them not wanting to give him a story. Roman not being around would have given Peter Reckell (Bo) plenty of story. Instead we are stuck with no Bo and boring Roman.

I wonder if we will ever see Hope and Marlena ever share scenes. I can't remember the last time they had scenes together. It's ridiculous. If it's to make Hope and Rafe more believable age wise then it needs to stop. I want to see Hope have scenes with other people. Right now it seems Hope isn't allowed to have scenes with anyone but Rafe.

And where is Caroline? I'm starting to forget what she looks like!

At this rate if changes aren't made Days will end up cancelled.

Like I said before poor decisions being made behind the scenes and even favoritism of certain actors is sending the show even further into a downward spiral.

Sometimes hard decisions have to be made but Ken Corday won't make the tough calls. Right now the show seems to be poorly managed.

Wow, it sounds like you don't like anything at all about the show. In my opinion it's doing fine.

They should have kept Aiden. What are they going to do with Hope and Rafe as a pairing without Aiden? They are so boring right now and even worse when they have scenes without Aiden around.

Days is a mess right now. They need to make some big changes with the cast. Deimos and Nicole are awful too. Like Hope and Rafe there is no chemistry between them.

None of Days current pairings except maybe JJ and Gabi have any chemistry together.

Days need to get rid of Dario and Deimos for a start. They just aren't working. Eduardo is also not really needed so they should get rid of him too.

Not interested in this new woman for Abe. Don't know her character so she will be another one I don't care about. And she is way too young to be put with Abe.

Abe is a good character but giving him a love interest and a story isn't going to attract new viewers. He is too old to be in a front burner story. What viewers are they hoping to attract with his story?

He is better off just being a parent to Theo and being Mayor. I like his scenes with Theo.

And what is with this 3 villains story? It's gone on too long and is becoming boring. Who though bringing Clyde, Xander and Orpheus back would bring in new viewers or even get viewers too return?

There are other characters they could have brought back that would have been better and more interesting then these three. I'm just not interested in any of them. Bringing these 3 back was a waste of money.

Poor decisions are being made behind the scenes and the writing and stories are poor. The writers are destroying Hope's character by putting her with Rafe and it's not fun to watch.

Then there is Kate. I like Lauren Koslow (Kate) but what story is there left to tell for her character. Roman also is not needed. They should have had Bo take over Roman's job and got rid of Roman years ago before they let Peter Reckell (Bo) walk away due to them not wanting to give him a story. Roman not being around would have given Peter Reckell (Bo) plenty of story. Instead we are stuck with no Bo and boring Roman.

I wonder if we will ever see Hope and Marlena ever share scenes. I can't remember the last time they had scenes together. It's ridiculous. If it's to make Hope and Rafe more believable age wise then it needs to stop. I want to see Hope have scenes with other people. Right now it seems Hope isn't allowed to have scenes with anyone but Rafe.

And where is Caroline? I'm starting to forget what she looks like!

At this rate if changes aren't made Days will end up cancelled.

Like I said before poor decisions being made behind the scenes and even favoritism of certain actors is sending the show even further into a downward spiral.

Sometimes hard decisions have to be made but Ken Corday won't make the tough calls. Right now the show seems to be poorly managed.
Anything you like about Days? I think that the story writing has been better, stories seem to be moving along faster for the most part and I think with the new writers, we are still seeing some amalgamation and fixing up of previous storylines.

I actually like the villain story. It is bringing back the excitement it lost. Sure, there are still scenes that are boring, but it has been a long time since I actually enjoyed it. I like the way they are all working together to bring them down and the way Marlena exposed their weaknesses. Maybe it is my interest in psychology that helps! Hope had a scene with Jennifer yesterday and actually told her she killed Stefano.

I am hoping that Andre is working with Chad and is part of the plan. Maybe I missed it or someone posted a spoiler to that effect but fingers crossed he is.

I really don't know why they are bringing Derrick back but we shall see I guess.

Arianne Zucker (Nicole) is a great actress and I think she can pretty much have chemistry with any actor - just my opinion. The pairing of Nicole and Deimos (Vincent Irizarry) creeps me a little as he is about 15 or 16 years older than her and I think it shows. I think he is a good actor and very attractive for a 50+ year old man.

Reactions: jgk
Also I follow Martha Madison (Belle) on Twitter and remember a post which led me to believe she was done.

I follow her on Twitter as well and saw her respond to a fan in the last couple weeks hinting she's be attending Day of Days this year. If she's done taping, why bother? Let's agree to disagree on this one.

Vanessa Williams (Valerie) is only about 10-15 years younger than James Reynolds (Abe). Valerie is also a former flame of Abe's so not a new character entirely. Just a recast. And as someone married to a man 13 years older than me, that amount of age difference doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

If Abe is too old to be in a front burner story, then by your logic, so are John, Marlena, Orpheus, Steve. Kayla and Hope since they are all in the same age range.

Peter Reckell (Bo) leaving the show had nothing to do with Josh Taylor's (Roman) air time. He left because they wouldn't give him a front burner story as opposed to younger characters like Sami, Rafe and EJ. Then he decided to stay home permanently with his family in Nashville.

We can almost assume that the Salemite leaving is probably Aiden if Thaao Penghilis (Andre) posted he missed working with Daniel Cosgrove (Aiden). Wonder how though. I don't see Aiden being murdered. I do see him screwing up something in this blackmail scheme ending up in prison with his son Chase. At least they'll spend time together.

Wow, it sounds like you don't like anything at all about the show. In my opinion it's doing fine.
The show is not doing fine. Far from it. The ratings are really bad and if they don't improve in November sweeps Days could end up cancelled.

Since Dena Higley took over I haven't liked much. The writing is terrible. She writes for who she wants to write for. Not who the viewers want to see. The show is boring. And none of the couples have any chemistry except for maybe JJ and Gabi.

The Hernandez family is just awful and boring. I want to see more of the Bradys and Hortons. And Hope needs a fresh start and new love interest. She and Rafe are dull, boring and have no chemistry together.

What will they do with them without Aiden? What story is left to tell with Hope and Rafe? Hope's too old to have kids and Rafe is at the age where he should be having kids. Rafe should be with someone his age. Not a grandmother!

Last edited by a moderator:
AlisonLou, you have valid points. While I am enjoying the show more now than I did earlier this year, I was wondering what would you do, who would you write for to make the show better? A dream list. Like make JJ and Gabi move front and center with Ari. Have JJ leave the police force or stay? What would you like to see?

For me, I'd like Aiden to leave. I like Rafe and I like Hope. While I'm not fond of them as a couple, I don't hate it. I'd like to have Kate go to Europe for a month or 12, just to give me a break from the blue streak and the clunky jewelry. But as I've said, that's just me.

Dena Higley co-headwrites with Ryan Quan. They both had a lot to clean up from the past year, which was written by Josh Griffith. And he is the one who put Rafe & Hope together, after throwing Aiden under the bus. Again!

Roman is very good friends with Corday, which may explain his longevity on the show. However, you cannot change headwriters every year or two, & expect continuity, allow them to change personalities, bring on slews of new actors they shove into front burner stories, even tho they are not ready, and that all falls on Corday, who really pays no attention.

I think the show is doing much better than itwas for the past year, so am looking forward to what may be coming. Meanwhile, we have gotten some great scenes, dialogue, much better than we have seen for some time.

I'm not a fan of Rafe and Hope as a couple or Brady and Jeannie T for that matter but there are plenty of couples I do enjoy: John/Marlena, Belle/Shawn, Steve/Kayla, JJ/Gabi, Abby/Chad. I do think the show has improved a bit as I now look forward to watching it. To me that's not boring.

I like that the bubbles have burst and we are seeing families and friends interact.

I like seeing the old sets as they add a better production value to the story.

We are slowly but surely getting romance and not just sex.

I like how the teens have fallen to the side burner rather than the back burner. One of the few things Ken Corday has been right about. I'm interested in the budding triangle between Ciara, Theo and Claire as it has high stakes for everyone. Involve Hope and/or Shawn and gets even better.

As far as I'm concerned, the 3 prisoners escape has made the show exciting. All three are excellent actors and I wish they could stay. I'm with you, ktspirit, I am really enjoying the show right now, more than I have in a very long time.

So glad Shane and Patsy Pease (Kimberly) are coming back. And Patrika Darbo (Nancy), also Brandon Beemer (Shawn). Always liked him. Who is the picture at the top is the new Abby? Is she the one with red hair?

edited to add characters' names - please remember not everyone knows the actors' real names - JS

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jgk
Back