Weddings?????

I so agree JS. It comes out of nowhere. Last time Adrienne was on, wasn't she worrying about breast cancer? I don't even remember what happened with that story, but it could have been a decent story. Her going through treatment, Lucas & Justin vying to be by her side. Justin/Eve & Lucas/Adrienne made no sense. The stories were never fleshed out, they were just stuck together. No chemistry. No angst. No love

That article is based on the TV Guide interview with Bryan Dattilo (Lucas) who has noted that Lucas proposes June 21. And as expected, Kate definitely would stick her nose in to prevent it.

But then on Days, they no longer do "good, happy" weddings. Either people get married off camera, or no one is there, or someone interrupts to ruin it all.

I like the writer Michael Goldberg but I think the headline is misleading. The article itself doesn't say anything about them actually marrying just that Lucas proposes. And this was supposedly pulled from TV Guide. Maybe someone who subscribes can tell us the details of the actual interview.

And, real Aiden or imposter aside, in the real world, the marriage certificate would've had to be filed at the courthouse to make it legal. With Aiden's supposed death on their wedding night, it's doubtful the certificate would've been filed. But, as you said, this is Salem, so none of that would matter.
It's been a long time since I took domestic relations law so I checked on the certificate filing issue. Failure to file after a wedding doesn't invalidate or nullify a marriage, but it does make it harder to prove that the marriage existed. (This is why Ms. Blue Chunk wanted a certificate.) In a Salem example, Rory and Bev get a marriage license and are married at St. Lukes, but Father Louis then forgets to file the marriage certificate. Rory and Bev are legally married. However, as I've noted before in other posts if Aiden was planning to strangle Hope when he married her, she can get the marriage annulled on the grounds of fraud. Nobody who gets married planning to immediately kill his/her new spouse has the mental state needed to enter into a valid marriage. For a Salem example of another grounds for an annullment based on fraud, Dario meets Melanie at Club TBD and tells her that he's a big Titan executive with a seven-figure income. After the marriage, Melanie discovers that Dario is a really jobless conman who works scams with psycho Summer. Melanie can get an annullment on the grounds of fraud.

Last edited:
O.K. let's remember something. Just because Lucas proposes.....doesn't necessarily mean that Adrienne accepts! I mean she could say NO!

Next....outside of of Bryan Dattilo. (Lucas) tweeting that, Deidre Hall (Marlena) mentioning weddings.....there is NO confirmation on prospective brides & grooms, mostly just guessing.

And then, well, whatever or whoever this all concerns....Next week, they are filming Christmas...so it seems that month off did not put them just 5 months ahead, they are 6 mos. ahead, whoever got married, already it is done.

Could be Belle & Shawn, Kayla & Steve, John & Marlena, maybe even JJ & Gabi or Paul & Sonny! LOL

Whether Adrienne says no or yes doesn't change the fact that it's very hard to care either way when we have not seen these characters in a while. And whomever the "who" that gets married is, the show seems to not include family and friends that should be there.

This is a wedding I would root for!!
Me too. How about this. Rory graduates from Salem U. as a fashion design major and works with Nicole to save DJ-Wear from oblivion. He and Bev have a happy marriage and their children turn out to be bright and well adjusted and later SORAS in personable, motivated teens. In short Rory and Bev become the new Tom and Alice. Why not? None of the other members of Salem's younger set seem headed for that role.

Since they are about the only couple on screen with a believable, committed relationship (that are not currently married), John and Marlena are in the perfect position to get married. I am more than happy to have them be in one of the upcoming weddings.

Lucas marrying Adrienne would definitely add to Kate's on screen time. Kate hates Adrienne. But I suppose Lucas marrying Adrienne might be key to Lucas cutting off Kate entirely leaving her with no one. Now we see why Sonny returns to Salem.

It's been a long time since I took domestic relations law so I checked on the certificate filing issue. Failure to file after a wedding doesn't invalidate or nullify a marriage, but it does make it harder to prove that the marriage existed. (This is why Ms. Blue Chunk wanted a certificate.) In a Salem example, Rory and Bev get a marriage license and are married at St. Lukes, but Father Louis then forgets to file the marriage certificate. Rory and Bev are legally married. However, as I've noted before in other posts if Aiden was planning to strangle Hope when he married her, she can get the marriage annulled on the grounds of fraud. Nobody who gets married planning to immediately kill his/her new spouse has the mental state needed to enter into a valid marriage. For a Salem example of another grounds for an annullment based on fraud, Dario meets Melanie at Club TBD and tells her that he's a big Titan executive with a seven-figure income. After the marriage, Melanie discovers that Dario is a really jobless conman who works scams with psycho Summer. Melanie can get an annullment on the grounds of fraud.

My husband and I were married on August 1, 1965 and my father, the minister, forgot to register it at the court house until sometime in June. We were still legally married in the state of North Carolina. We jokingly say we "lived in sin" for six months!

Back