SPOILER !! Week Aug 22

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
From http://buzzworthyradiocast.com/?p=2896

-Theo breaks the news of Abigail’s death to a stunned Ciara.

-A distraught Jennifer holes herself up in a seedy motel room, and is about to numb herself with pills and booze.

-Theresa, Brady, and John track down the woman who took Tate to Chicago, and manages to get her to confess that Victor was behind the kidnapping.

-Rafe and Roman both worry that Aiden will uncover the truth that Hope killed Stefano.

-Chad remains firm that he is in no condition to raise Thomas.

-Deimos tells Nicole that he will stop at nothing to help Victor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those sound like reworded spoilers from the previews. Chad, in his grief, is supposed to decide that he won't fight the custody suit being brought by Jennifer, while she deals with hers by renting the seedy motel room, & getting bombed on pills & booze. Hope, Belle & Julie track her down there.

And will the mighty Hortons still stand behind their beloved Jennifer or will they actually speak up and say that she's in no shape to take care of herself, let alone a baby ?

And why, oh why, would Chad abandon his child now ?

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I'm sorry, this is how I feel the show has become : stupid !

From http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/9311527/1/#new

Monday, August 22, 2016
Belle and Shawn are still at odds over Claire’s future.

Tuesday, August 23, 2016
A grieving Chad tells Belle that he plans on giving up his custody fight and letting Jennifer raise Thomas.

Claire and Theo use her new song to find comfort in the wake of tragedy and come together in a kiss.

Wednesday, August 24, 2016
Nicole makes a passionate appeal to Deimos to tell her the truth about the kidnapping.

Thursday, August 25, 2016
Jennifer wakes up horrified to discover Belle and Kayla in the motel room.

Friday, August 26, 2016
Brady returns home for an emotional moment with Theresa

The SOD spoilers that are posted in the other thread say that Chad decides to let Jennifer take the baby. I'm guessing that's before she falls off the wagon.

And just who finds her in the hotel? Is it Belle, Julie and Hope or Belle and Kayla? We have 2 different spoilers. I'm interested in seeing this play out because Melissa Reeves (Jen) has the acting chops to pull it off. Let's hope the writing does it justice. I think it's very realistic for Jen to fall off the wagon again especially since she seemed to be instantly recovered. That's not how addiction works.

Belle is in 3 spoilers wow. Bittersweet knowing she and Shawn are supposed to leave in early September. Dena Higley is the one who should be fired, not the children of 2 supercouples.

Let's hope this is the last week we see Ciara and Chad in spoilers together.

Nicole and Deimos are more fast forward material for me as are Brady and Jeannie T. More of the same nonsense. Though I think Victor is a red herring.

As much as I hate what they are doing to Aiden, I'm here for Hope getting punished for her actions.

Stefano deserved to die years ago, it was amazing that no one did it a long time ago. I did not care that Hope killed Stefano, as, at the time, it definitely was her not being of sound mind at the time. But I absolutely hated the coverup, and that Rafe helped, and then when she confessed to Roman, he decided not to say or do anything. I am guessing that Aiden will hint around, but that it is all going to be put aside and forgotten. Andre has his fingers in a lot of different things now, & he will probably forget his revenge thing as well. Everyone in Salem blackmails, or "keeps quiet" about something, if another person also keeps quiet.

Higley & Quan's work won't appear until September, early Sept. so.....we will see.

I agree, Poirot, but it would be nice to see a secret blackmailer having the goods on all of them. Somebody from the past. But the writers, well, you know, they don't think that way anymore.

I love how the black sheep of the Horton family (Lucas) swore on his son's grave that he will not go back to the bottle (and hasn't) and Her Royal Hortonness (Jennifer) goes straight to the bottle(s) after Abigail "dies".

Remember when Jennifer was stronger than this?

I am going to be honest that I was so anti-DiMera that in the beginning I did not want Hope and Rafe to be exposed. Yes, I was fine with them getting away with it just because it was Stefano. But now I just want this end. We've had a steady diet of Hope at the forefront for almost a year now and I'm ready for a break. And if Hope being punished for killing Stefano is the way for that to happen then so be it.

It's ironic because at this time last year so many of us-myself included- were getting so excited because we had been clamoring for some story lines for Rafe and Hope and we were finally getting them. Now when they appear most of us-again myself included- groan "Oh come on, they're on again?" LOL

I wouldn't mind Hope and Rafe-either together or individually-remaining at the forefront if the the story for them had been-oh, I don't know what's the word...better? I don't necessarily need for them to be totally put on the back burner just not be so prominent. Let some other characters cough *Gabi and JJ* cough have a chance to shine.

Victor was no better and apparently never really left his old ways behind. Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, Salem will never be the same without Stefano as he was the only one who could go toe-to-toe with Victor Kiriakis. Both the character and the actor will be greatly missed. Even Sami didn't mind asking for Stefano's help in getting the evidence against Will out of the police station. She even chewed out EJ for not telling her Stefano was back in Salem.

edited to write out character's name; we do not use only initials on this board - JS

Stefano's longevity in Salem, despite all his evil, wicked ways was due only to the wonder presence of Joe Mascolo. But Stefano also mellowed out in his latter years, relying on his minions to do all the dirty work, which of course he ordered.

The same goes for Victor who also ordered his nefarious underhanded tactics from the safety of home. The one person who came to town, and went head to head SUCCESSFULLY with both DiMera & Kiriakis was Clyde Weston.

In reading Days history, both Stefano & Victor did not appear until the mid-late 80s, with Stefano in particular coming and going. He would appear for 6-8 or 9 mos, then was gone. Several months, a year later, he would appear again, which was the pattern for some time.

Both characters, like the Godfather, aged well, but younger ones had to come take up the reins.

Sorry, went off track here a bit. Tis a shame the 3 men break out of prison, because it means that they probably will not be around long. While I think highly of Thaao Penghlis, I just don't like Andre' at all, I don't even like that Chad speaks to him, lol. I hope someone learns Andre' faked his "now I am Stefano's son" mantra, exposes it. Bring Tony back. He can have a dark side, but he was a smart man. If not, then have Andre' lighten up, have a heart.

Jennifer wakes up horrified to discover Belle and Kayla in the motel room.

Don't know why but that made me giggle. All sorts of images dancing around. Ghost of Christmas past & present? Present and future? Past and future?

Slasher film? Adult film? Silly sitcom?

I think what is most likely to happen is Aiden will end up exposing Hope or she will be forced to confess. She'll lose her badge and go to trial and then it will come out that someone else actually shot Stefano. At the time he was shot, there was a lot of speculation going on about 2 shooters because the hand that fired the gun looked different from Hope's hand.

I do think Higley and Quan have already had strong influence on some of the stories being told. Now of course Higley has been there all along but you can definitely feel a stronger presence from her over the past month.

The one person who came to town, and went head to head SUCCESSFULLY with both DiMera & Kiriakis was Clyde Weston.
I loved Stefano and still love Victor. Clyde was a overrated hillybilly in my opinion. Not even in the same class as Stef and Vic! I have never understood the writers and the way they handled "Clyde".

And perhaps that is why Clyde was sent off to Florida prison. No idea why they made him act like such a hick in the first place, but am guessing it was a facade Clyde had, to hide what he really was doing. Clyde was smart, was able to make convincing threats, and , heck, blood was shed and funerals held because of him. I guess not every criminal boss is Mafia type, suits, ties, sipping brandy. LOL

(However, they all managed to bed Kate, didn't they? heheheh)

I will say one thing for the depraved Dixieland dirtbag and that's that he knew how to play the rube and make it easy to underestimate him. I remember when he first met Kate he had a beard and was a wearing a jean jacket and a white T-shirt. All he needed to complete the look was a Nas Car cap and a can of Budweiser in his hand. But then he had the perfect accessory in his right-hand man Jeremiah, who looked like he auditioned for a role as one of the mountain-men in Deliverance and hadn't had a shave or hair-cut since. LOL

Because it's basically a waste of time and money to use an actual actor, when they can use a random stage-hand or backstage person instead. That way, the closeup shots are done and out of the way without having to bring in the actor just for that purpose.

Back