SPOILER !! Week Aug 22

Thursday August 25:

Ciara tells Chad she truly loves him.

I just can't read this spoiler and not think of Olivia Newton John. Why is that? Because in the seventies she had a hit song called "I Love You, I honestly Love You" in which she breathlessly sings the title of the song in the refrain. And that's the only part I know, I don't think I've ever listened to the song in its entirety. LOL

From what I've gathered it appears that Ciara's announcement is not too well received maybe she should play Chad this song instead. LOL

Monday August 22:
Maggie is scheduled for surgery as she worries about Tate.
Oh my GOSH! I so very much don't care about Maggie anymore. Enough is enough with her!! Send her & Victor on that cruise and leave them there for a LONG time.

Tuesday August 23:
A distraught Jennifer holes up in a seedy motel room, and is about to numb herself with pills and booze.
Goody! Melissa Reeves (Jennifer) has some amazing acting chops - let her use them, Days!

Wednesday August 24:
Rafe and Roman both worry the new DA, Aiden, might uncover that Hope killed Stefano.
Team Aiden on this one - am I supposed to root against the guy doing the right thing here? Because, No. Hope, Rafe & Roman all need to pay for what they did. I hope they all lose their badges & go to jail for a very long time. Although we already know Kristian Alfonso (Hope) and Galen Gering (Rafe) are back & taping, same with Josh Taylor (Roman), so this storyline will probably be anticlimactic & make Aiden look like more of a fool than he did already...sigh.

Thursday August 25:
Ciara tells Chad that she truly loves him.
Ick. If I posted more, I'd be in violation of some board rules, so I'll just leave it as that.

Friday August 26:
Victor’s been brought in for questioning for Tate’s kidnapping but insists he’s been framed.
Yep - I think Victor is a red herring in all of this. Someone wants to hurt him, but he'd know if he'd even considered kidnapping TaterTot or hurting him in any way, Brady would never forgive him & Vic won't risk that. Gotta be one of those Horton Cabin Raccoons again. They're dastardly little critters they are!!

Agree Vic is red herring. Looking forward to learning who the culprit really is.

Tis a quandary why no one cared much that Stefano got away with kidnappings, brainwashings, murders, tortures, and never was even imprisoned for any of it over the years, and the vendettas aimed at certain people........ but the pitchforks, torches & screams are out for Hope, Rafe & Roman.

Stefano WANTED to be killed, he enjoyed it all, laughed at his success. Getting the good guy to do him in. Too chicken to do it himself, no, I take that back. He wanted one last victory, thus enjoyed tremendously being able to achieve it.

I cannot even begin to imagine what would possess Ciara to tell Chad her feelings for him. I don't know if she knows Abby is supposed to be dead when she does this, but that does not matter. She knows Chad is very much in love with his wife, that the wife has been ill, and has disappeared. What the heck is the matter with her? And I do not accept the "oh, she is young" excuse at all.

I think with Belle being present when Jen is found, having fallen off the wagon, there will be NO custody suit at all.

Tis a quandary why no one cared much that Stefano got away with kidnappings, brainwashings, murders, tortures, and never was even imprisoned for any of it over the years, and the vendettas aimed at certain people........ but the pitchforks, torches & screams are out for Hope, Rafe & Roman.
Many viewers were probably not bothered by Stefano's many crimes because he was an arch-villain and evil criminal mastermind and such actions were expected of him. And many of his crimes were the over-the-top, cartoon fantasies of the not-to-be-taken-seriously variety, such as the most recent appearance by the Pawn and Princess Gina. Who in real life hypnotizes two people, and then hauls them off to some remote foreign country to find an egg?

Adding to the fantasy was the fact that the Phoenix improbably never paid for any of his crimes. How could he have gotten away with the Fake Rafe plot or kidnapping Sami for an airborne operation? Only in Salem. Finally, Stefano was played by veteran actor Joseph Mascolo, a total professional who made his fantastical villain thoroughly entertaining. In contrast, Rafe and Hope are supposed to be the rootable good guys and having them stoop to DiMera methods was jarring for many.

People winked at Bo Brady's many break-ins, and accept Salem's many adulteries and assorted scheming, but murder is in a whole different class. Also If Rafe and Hope were thoroughly upstanding, their often self-righteous attitudes about Salem's many lowlifes would be unobjectionable, but when they themselves are guilty of serious criminal acts, they come off as a pair of hypocrites. In short, in soaps, good and evil is largely a black/white concept and when writers seriously blur the barrier between them, viewers often don't like it.

Last edited:
On another site it says Aiden is trying to find out dirty secrets. Then on the next line it says no one knows of Sonny's secret. Have I missed something concerning a secret by Sonny and what it is?

I'm thinking it's going to be a family feud between Ciara and Abby once Abby comes back from the "dead". Kind of interesting as both their mothers are cousins and best friends. I already see Ciara being the Sami, Chad would be the gullible Austin, and then we have the self righteous Carrie who is now Abby.

Would make a lot of great scenes Ciara telling about Abby's affair with EJ married to Sami and then obsessing over Austin married to Carrie. The writers got some good pickings here.

I wonder who is really behind Tate's kidnapping if not Victor? Kristen and Xander can now be indefinitely ruled out. So who? I don't think Deimos, possibly someone from Victor's past?

So, is the plot really is that Victor, while going through everything he is going through, arranged to have Tate kidnapped to spite Theresa.

And in other news, Chad gives up his only son to Jenny Not So Goody Two Shoes.

I really have no hope for the show, none, but I choose to believe that all is not as it seems and both storylines are leading us to other plot twists. Surely there is more to the story on both points.

Eh, I don't know if I agree ErasofDimeras. I really think we're seeing Ciara being moved away from Chad. I think his rejection will send her back to Theo and then the triangle will be Ciara/Theo/Claire. I can't say I'm looking forward that one much either but at least Ciara will be playing with kids her own age. I admit this could just be wishful thinking on my part but my gut tells me it's not.

Plus to be honest I don't see where Ciara would the ammunition you suggest. Remember Chad knows all about Abigail and E.J. thanks to Will's article which is what brought him back to Salem in the first place.

Although I wasn't watching at the time I know that Abigail's machinations towards Austin just ended up with her being publicly humiliated with egg all over her face. I don't know exactly what happened but I saw a clip on You Tube of Abigail talking about the fallout with Chad, Melanie and Gabi. So that's ancient history as well. The highlight of that clip for me was Gabi-who was in the early stages of her own flirtation with the dark side blurting out to Abigail, "Yeah, that doesn't sound like something you would do." Ah that's my Gabi, such a sensitive soul. LOL

But this is all just my opinion of course, and we'll just have to see what happens. :)

Well adding Ciara to the Theo/Claire triangle would be interesting as I speculate soon it will be all over Salem that Hope killed Stefano. Theo's reaction is what I am waiting for. Can Theo still like Ciara or Claire after knowing that?

I'm thinking it's going to be a family feud between Ciara and Abby once Abby comes back from the "dead". Kind of interesting as both their mothers are cousins and best friends. I already see Ciara being the Sami, Chad would be the gullible Austin, and then we have the self righteous Carrie who is now Abby.

Can't really have a family feud when the 2 main characters don't acknowledge each other as family.

I could see this scenario playing out though with Theo and Claire instead of Chad and Abby. I really think they are moving Ciara out of Chad's orbit.

Tis a quandary why no one cared much that Stefano got away with
I, for one, wanted Stefano to fry/go to jail/leave forever/get shot/etc a long, long time ago.
Who in real life hypnotizes two people, and then hauls them off to some remote foreign country to find an egg?
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I'm still hoping for a twist in the Tatenapping. Something like: Victor started it (intending to paint Jeannie T as unfit), Jeannie T planned it (hoping to frame Summer), Summer was hired for it (by Deimos, to frame Victor)...Jeannie T faked the first part, but someone else took Tate from Jeannie T's secure location and will let everyone else blame each other...hey, I can dream, can't I?

On another site it says Aiden is trying to find out dirty secrets. Then on the next line it says no one knows of Sonny's secret. Have I missed something concerning a secret by Sonny and what it is?
Many suspect Sonny has some secret(s) from his time away from Salem, but nothing has been explicitly said.

It's me, JS. I'm his secret. Ssshhhhhh!!!!! :wink:

Sonny would be mighty lucky, Muzzaman!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back