SPOILER !! Week Aug 22

Well, watching yesterday's episode, Belle finds Jen. Then I bet she calls Kayla to help her get Jen checked out.

Hopefully Belle will make Jen realize she cannot have Thomas after what she has just done.

Still on the fence as weather or not Belle should have taken the pics of a passed out Jen. I do think she will need those photos, as well as the ones Paul got her.

What is the point of a custody battle storyline when one parent is presumed dead, another distraught and the mother-in-law is a pill-popper?! If it is to bring Jack in real life then I am all for it! Otherwise a waste of time to fill the gap until the new Abby shows up?

I don't understand why Jack would encourage Jennifer to obtain custody of Thomas, when he can see (for lack of another word) that she is a total addictive mess. Doesn't make sense at all.

Wouldn't her first duty be to her client?
Belle's conflict of interest is purely personal, not professional. She has a duty to her client, Chad, to competently represent him in his custody battle with vodka-swilling, pill-popping Jenny. Since Chad is an emotional mess, it's likely to be imperative for Belle to present evidence that Jenny would be an unfit guardian for Thomas. If she fails to disclose what she knows about Jenny, she's violating her obligation to Chad. Of course, because the current and past level of competence and honesty among Salem lawyers is so low,* all bets are off with Belle.

* The all-star cast of Salem attorneys includes, besides Belle, the idiotic D.A. Woods; corrupt D.A. Justin Kiriakis; slimy gambling addict and former DiMera tool Aiden Jennings; the morally corrupt EJ DiMera, whose crimes are too many to count; barracuda prosecutor Melinda Trask, bought-and-paid for Judge Fitzpatrick, and JJ's old friend, the draconian Judge Goldberg. A fine example they set for this year's graduates from Salem University School of Law.

Back