SPOILER !! Week Dec 18

I no longer can recall any kind of happy holidays on DOOL. Each year I think it will be different, and it usually is worse than the prior holiday season. They stopped the annual 4th of July picnics, too. It seems there are too many horrible accidents and deaths that take place in December and on New Year's Eve. It's really frustrating.

I don't either. Only because that seems to be all there is. No music, no baking, no real tree trimming. All we see is the ornaments go up. I'd like to see them play a Christmas game. I love Maggie, but I think her monologue each year kind of takes away from the scene. It doesn't add to it.

I would also like to see other families in Salem celebrate a little. John and Marlena for instance. The Johnsons or the Bradys. At Thanksgiving, it was mentioned that Julie had set up a dinner for everyone at her club with many people there. I would have really enjoyed seeing that. Anyway I'm done. Just a thought.

Someone put together a clip of some singing on Christmas from years ago. Yes, the cast sang.....Joy to the World, We Wish you a Merry Christmas, another one, and a very young Wally Kurth sang What Child is This to Adrienne, while playing his guitar. I just saw it the other day, tried to find it last night, and could not.I think it was on twitter...should have noted it right then. Stuff disappears so fast there, lol. I don't know who did it, but Tom & Alice were singing in some.

So, they did used to do singing. I think most Christmas hymns are in public domain, so they don't have to pay.

To me, the worst, absolutely worst Christmas ornament hanging was one time, at Hope's house. Don't know why the ornaments were there, but the tree was in an awkward place, and everyone was standing in a line, like at the supermarket, waiting to place their ornament. They did not have that ceremony there again. Another time, they only had 4 or 5 people at the Horton house to hang ALL the ornaments.

Another time, they only had 4 or 5 people at the Horton house to hang ALL the ornaments.
I think that was the year Hope had been in prison and beaten within an inch of her life. Then Bo somehow got in, smuggled Hope out of the prison and they were on the run, hiding in some cabin they found. I think it was the same year Johnny had his eye removed.

Seems like the only ones at the ornament hanging were Doug, Julie, Maggie, Jennifer and little Ciara.

Why is no one celebrating Chanukah? They could at least put a Menorah in the Salem Square and show it. haSha
Absolutely, ShaSha. You and I have commented on that in the past. They gave us celebrating Christmas in churches with nativity scenes decades ago and never honored our Jewish brothers & sisters either.

Spoilers from http://buzzworthyradiocast.com/?p=3518

-JJ learns the results of the Internal Affairs investigation into Theo’s shooting.

-Will asks Paul if they can be friends.

-Kate and Eve battle over Gabi’s company.

-Eli supports Lani, who is then encouraged by Valerie not to give up on JJ.

-Doug and Julie reach out to Abe.

-Brady moves forward with a plan to neutralize Eve.

I don't know if what I'm about to write will come across the way I want it to, I mean absolutely no offense to anyone whatsoever and it is no secret that I'm not a big fan of Christmas but Days has been shown to be predominately Catholic and personally I do not care to see religion in my daily trashy soap operas.

I then have to ask what about a nod to Muslim Faith, Anglicans, Baptists, Buddhists (don't know if Christmas is celebrated), evangelical, Lutheran? Hey, even us atheists. My point being, not every faith is going to be recognized, or can be, so I think either stick with what has been shown consistently or take religion out of it all together.

If I recall correctly, wasn't Mike Horton Jewish by marriage?

JJ learns the results of the Internal Affairs investigation into Theo’s shooting. If it's done properly, based on what was shown onscreen, he'll be exonerated. If Abe puts his thumb on the scales of justice, he's toast.

Kate and Eve battle over Gabi’s company. How dumb or desperate are these two that they are fighting over Gabi Chic, a company with no office, no employees, and based on what's been seen onscreen lately, no products or services?

Doug and Julie reach out to Abe. Good for them. Right now, Abe is on the road to ruin.

Brady moves forward with a plan to neutralize Eve. If this works as well as some of Brady's other "plans," it will be a real debacle.

How dumb or desperate are these two that they are fighting over Gabi Chic, a company with no office, no employees, and based on what's been seen onscreen lately, no products or services?
Awwww, c'mon DBF. I'm sure DiMera Enterprises and Basic Black would be thrilled to offer Gabi's "color blocking" process to their customers. :rolleyes:

Muzza,

I respect your personal choice to be an atheist. But as a Christian I maintain that it is not the name of the church, or denomination, that determines a Christian's belief in Christ. Christmas literally means "Christs' Day". It is not Santamas, or Treemas, or any other name because it is the story of His birth in Bethlehem. My family has Christians that attend the Catholic, Lutheran, Episcopal, Baptist, and non-denomination churches but we all celebrate Christmas.

The atheists in my family, and there are two I know of, quietly accept our holiday, join in all the merriment except for Christmas Eve services and prayers, and we honor them by keeping family celebration centered on the joys of family/friends. Hanukkah is a celebration of a Jewish "miracle" - Lights - and as one of the three major religions in the world deserves recognition of their holidays too. Yes, Mike fell in love with a Jewish girl and converted to Judaism on Days. The story was beautiful and meaningful.

Muslims celebrate Ramadan. As there are no Muslim famlies in Salem, if they have ever mentioned that holiday I have missed it. The Muslim friends I have, and the Jewish friends I have, all exchange gifts with me during this holiday time. We focus on each other and do not try to convert one another to our own faith.

Most Americans have a chosen faith and honor that faith in their daily lives. We respect each other's different faiths. And I hope we each shine our lights of faith accepting each other and the unity brings more good into this world.

I hope you 'hear' my heart when you read this as words sometimes cannot capture the tone of our emotions. I accept that your statement is made with honest and good intentions. I 'hear' what you are saying.

I personally do not care what race, color, ethnicity, age, sexual preference or religion is shown or not shown. We can't expect to have each and every tv program show every diversion of every group. It would take away from the creativity and all shows would end up looking and sounding the same and all just not to upset someone. Heaven forbid we are politically incorrect.

Said my rant. I'm done.

Back