SPOILER !! Week Dec 18

AHA!! Gotcha!! Some of the things you said I never immediately thought of and appreciate your comments and insight. Totally understand what you are saying, Noel. Coming from a Catholic family and being the only one in my immediate family that does not follow, I also quietly respect their beliefs and faith as they do mine, despite these differences. And like I, I wasn't sure if what I was trying to say would come through how I wanted it to be understood.

:back:

I hope JJ and Gabi do not sleep together if she is the one to stop JJ from succeeding with his suicide.

This would really be a disservice to this serious issue. It would be akin to Sami and EJ conversation where EJ says, "Hey Samanther, really sorry about that little rape thing a few years back. Sami replies, " rape, shape, tomato, tomahto".

Why assume Ciara and Claire do something bad? It doesn't say that. The ornament hanging should always be a happy/sad event. When I think of all the characters, who are no longer around, it makes me sad. I used to love Days no matter what was going on, now for the most part, I just watch from habit and hope someday I can really enjoy it again.

Why assume Ciara and Claire do something bad?
Due to this spoiler:
Thursday December 21:
It's Christmas Eve in Salem. Claire and Ciara cause a commotion during the traditional hanging of the Horton ornaments.
In Salem, a commotion can range from an argument to someone getting shot.

I did not used to think so, but now I think the personalized fancy ornaments should be for Hortons by blood only. The honorary thing just has gotten too much. And that includes Maggie, who is no longer a Horton even by marriage.

And yes, I liked, at one time, that spouses, or a parent of a Horton got an ornament, but...they will be needing two trees at the rate they are going. Oh, it won't happen, of course. I would like to see Christmas in other Salem homes.......however, it seems that so many live in hotel rooms, it just won't happen.

Wonder what Hope, Belle, Shawn will say to the duo.

I'm kind of scared about this because I think it will play very one sided with Hope defending Ciara and not caring about Claire and then Shawn doing the opposite. The right way to have written this ALL ALONG would have been to have Hope and/or Shawn in the middle of the 2 girls, trying to remain neutral. That said, I think this will be a temporary blip in the festivities.

Why is no one celebrating Chanukah?

I'm Jewish and travel often so seeing places inundated with Christmas decorations and hardly any Hanukkah is a pet peeve (i.e. Most airports and malls). Last year, there was a menorah at the nurse's station at the hospital for the holiday season. I was impressed. What I'd like to see however, is Anne Milbauer acknowledging Hanukkah since the show has implied she is Jewish.

I wonder if Chad and Rafe will get ornaments this year? Chad as the husband of Abby, and Rafe as the fiance of Hope?

I'm sure Eli gets one

I think Chad is entitled to one since he's married to Abby. Didn't he get one last year? I thought he was there. I don't think Rafe should get one yet. As much as it pains me, Belle shouldn't have one either since she and Shawn are technically divorced. I also don't think Gabi should have one.

As for the couple, I hope it's not Brady and Eve but it probably will be since we can't seem to have nice things. Other guesses are JJ/Gabi, Lani/Eli and Kate/Roman.

I too would like to see a Brady/Black Christmas celebration like we used to have in the 90s.

I don't know if what I'm about to write will come across the way I want it to, I mean absolutely no offense to anyone whatsoever and it is no secret that I'm not a big fan of Christmas but Days has been shown to be predominately Catholic and personally I do not care to see religion in my daily trashy soap operas.
I agree on both counts. I could care less about the season, but it has been shown to be an important part of the characters' lives, and based on that, it should be a big part. They've been doing a better job lately but not by much.
What I'd like to see however, is Anne Milbauer acknowledging Hanukkah since the show has implied she is Jewish.
Hear, hear!

To keep this thread on track a bit, since I'm afraid I've contributed to its delinquency, I hope that the festivities are appropriately managed at the Horton house, and that family togetherness in the spirit of the season is emphasised over the teenage confrontation (because that is undoubtedly what a family like the Hortons would do in real life).

I think Chad is entitled to one since he's married to Abby. Didn't he get one last year? I thought he was there. I don't think Rafe should get one yet. As much as it pains me, Belle shouldn't have one either since she and Shawn are technically divorced. I also don't think Gabi should have one.
While Chad brought Thomas to the Horton house last year, he didn't get an ornament.

Gabi got one as the wife of Nick. Her ornament was broken the following year, but last year, JJ had a new one made for her.

I love the ornaments, so it doesn't bother me if people aren't "technically" a Horton, or sometimes no longer married to a Horton.

There are also ornaments that are no longer seen for non-Hortons, like Peter Blake (his was repainted to be Will's), Faith (Scotty's girlfriend; hers was repainted to be Jack's), Dougie LeClair (his was repainted to be Hope's after hers broke years ago in real life), Sami (when she was married to Lucas), Carrie (when she was with Mike), Chloe (when she was married to Lucas), Nicole (when she was married to Lucas), Johnny DiMera (when the twins were born and their paternity wasn't straightened out), John Thomas/JT (after he went back to his father Glen and stepmother, Barb), Stephanie (when she was Nathan's girlfriend), Trish (when she was married to David), Margo (Mike's late wife), Bonnie Lockhart and Chase. (Trish and Margo's ornaments were either broken in real life or repainted as new ornaments)

Wonder if Holly will get one as Maggie's grandchild, since Melanie and Parker both have one?

Sorry, should have kept my fingers off the keys.

Nothing to apologize for. Some people like only blood-related family getting ornaments, others like all the ornaments given, some don't care either way and some don't like the ornaments at all. It's just a personal preference.

As I said, I used to love it all, but...just has gotten overboard there for me. Just did not mean to stir anything up. I just dislike, of late, how Days ignores most holidays, family, and yes, the weather! LOL

I really hate how they can't give us one heartwarming episode a year for the holiday season. Put aside all the backstabbing, lying, plotting, depressing storylines for one episode and show the families and friends coming together to celebrate.

I had a tweet asking why so much doom, gloom & misery on Days during the Holidays. This woman replied saying that when everyone is happy, the ratings go down. I did not reply to that, as the name was one that has been very controversial, an author, but a person who has been linked with a bad foreign govt. leader., investigated by our govt. and I think, for a very short period, was a writer on Days. But, one doesn't know if it is the same person. There are those on twitter who use names that are not theirs.

Back