SPOILER !! Week Dec 19

I thought it was Chloe's own assumption that it was boy. I don't think she had medical proof.
She had a sonogram picture one day. I just figured she knew the sex from one of her doctor visits (when she referred to it as "he"). Plus, she had genetic testing done, which probably makes note of the baby's sex.

Oh well, it was a pleasant surprise to see she gave birth to a baby girl.

Hmmm, I read that the Jade recast begins Jan. 17. ???

But I just read on a site that "this week" two are leaving. And named them both. Now that I think about it, if Jade is helping the Johnsons feed the homeless on the 26th, that item was wrong. Thanks for giving me a chance to think about this, Heather. :)

SOD did list both of them as leaving in this week's issue but they only confirmed Philip's last air date as Dec. 20.

They also announced Gabrielle Haugh as the new Jade starting Jan. 17 which is the same day Eric returns. I wonder if Hope will still be in jail then. T-Boz (Coco) said she's on the show until January.

I will never understand how they could get rid of Belle, Shawn and Philip again especially with Jeannie T leaving as well. Where are the 30-40 somethings?

Rafe is mixed with a 50+ year old grandma and Nicole is mixed with a 50+ year old scoundrel. And they seem to have matured Lucas significantly in a short period of time. Hopefully we will now get Brady and Chloe but this is just awful. Philip should have had the role Deimos is playing sans the Nicole stuff.

Well, this hiatus of 2 months just may be a way to sort of "regroup", look at the show, go over what has been going on that has not gone over well....really looked at the show from the viewers' perspective. And yes, with all the holidays to contend with, they probably know only too well how distracted cast themselves can get.

Trouble is, they have already filmed til June, so unless they can tinker a bit with what is already on film (ala how they did just a bit after Griffith was gone) then we won't be seeing whatever they come up with until next summer.

I would tend to agree that there are too many May/December hookups going on, but when you reduce the cast down so much, while trying to juggle families, keep them intact, bring back family members......that is what happens. There is no room for the new blood, as fans protest when their fav, family characters are written out.

I don't know much about contracts and pay and such for the actors. Shawn was brought back due to his contract. So, basically they paid him and only used him for the few lines here and there? If I am understanding that correctly then, no wonder the show has no money for things. What a waste of money.

Agree. Sometimes, with dialogue, one can tell scenes have been cut. My thought has been that the character of Shawn was written out, a few weeks later it was realized that he still had time to go on his contract......however scripts no longer included him, so the character was hastily inserted into scenarios, but that did not always work, so some were cut out, and thus, he really has had very few appearances.

Back