SPOILER !! Week Dec. 5

So, let's see, Jennifer, JJ, Andre & Laura all know Abby is alive and in Salem. So who discovers Abby now. Well, Doug & Julie live there, Ciara could possibly be staying there, too. But Abby talks blackmail now.....What info could she possibly have, to blackmail ANYONE?

What if Stefano arranged somehow to kill himself while framing Hope? No idea how he would have known Hope was coming for him or managed to switch out the bullets to blanks, but he was getting sicker and was in a wheelchair (as so many pointed out during the trial) maybe he wanted to go out on his terms while also exacting one last trick/revenge plot. It would be out there, but just as much as a second shooter. It would get Hope out of jail and Chad would be distraught knowing what he did.

Tuesday December 6:
Jade makes herself comfortable at Kayla’s house. [Pity poor Kayla. First the Orpheus gang invaded her home and now it's Jade. The long-suffering Dr. Johnson could be forgiven for wanting to move into the Salem Inn for some peace and quiet.]

Wednesday December 7:
Philip makes a confession to Nancy. [Philly K. can really pick 'em. Who could be better to confide in than the warm, loving Nancy?:sarcasm:The only thing to be said for her is that she's not as bad a choice as Kate, Andre, or Deimos.]

Thursday December 8:
Abigail is discovered! [What happened? Did Jack and/or Jeremy Horton pop up from behind an old trunk and say, "Welcome to the attic?"]

XCLexi I've had the same thought, but wouldn't Hope's use of deadly force (as she couldn't possibly argue that she knew the gun was filled with blanks) still be a legal issue?

Not to mention Rafe's actions covering up the crime, or Roman's complicity in sending two innocent men to prison.

XCLexi I've had the same thought, but wouldn't Hope's use of deadly force (as she couldn't possibly argue that she knew the gun was filled with blanks) still be a legal issue? Not to mention Rafe's actions covering up the crime, or Roman's complicity in sending two innocent men to prison.
Hope shooting at Stefano, but not knowing the gun was full of blanks, would get her off the hook for the Phoenix's murder, but she'd still be guilty of attempted murder. This is because that in most cases factual impossibilty is not a valid defense. An exception would be if Hope tried to kill Stefano with voodoo by sticking a Phoenix doll (on sale at all fine Salem toy stores) full of pins. Here, no reasonable person would believe this would work as contrasted to firing a pistol, which one believes is loaded, at close range. As for Rafe and Roman, there's no hope for them if the facts come out and Judge Fitzpatrick gets to work. Mayor Abe would be looking for a new police commissioner and somebody on the Salem P.D. might be promoted to fill the vacancy left by the incarerated Rafe.

Not to mention Rafe's actions covering up the crime, or Roman's complicity in sending two innocent men to prison.

This really bothers me too but since the show made a point of having Justin say he had all charges dismissed except Murder 1, I'm guessing Rafe and Roman are off the hook. I hope not as I think they need to face consequences but this show likes to sweep stuff under the rug.

The thing is, Josh Griffith intended for everyone to be found guilty, lose jobs, go to jail.........whatever. He certainly made it very difficult for the writers to find a way to extricate them all from the mess he made. So, whatever they come up with will probably be implausible, but heck.........that DiMera place has people waltzing in and out constantly and easily.

This really bothers me too but since the show made a point of having Justin say he had all charges dismissed except Murder 1, I'm guessing Rafe and Roman are off the hook. I hope not as I think they need to face consequences but this show likes to sweep stuff under the rug.
Sweeping stuff under the rug is a grand old tradition in Salem. Recall how after the death of Ford Decker, one word from Victor made any homicide charges against Chelsea and her sorority sisters blow away in the Salem wind. As for Rafe and Roman, the only thing that's saving them from a day in court is that Melinda Trask either is ignorant of their roles or doesn't have any proof. It's hard to believe that a barracuda like Melinda would pass up the chance to send the police commissioner and another detective to the slammer. If she pulled that off, she'd be aiming from the mayor's office and beyond. E.g., "Vote Melinda Trask! If she could clean up the Salem P.D., imagine what she could do for all of Salem!

Last edited:
Maybe I'm alone here, but I like Rafe with Hope. They could solve mysteries together once Hope is released from prison. Which I'm guessing may be this year's Christmas miracle???
Hope being released from prison is as certain as Victor's next grouchy day. The only question is how -- Hope fights for justice and truth in prison and gets pardoned or an only-in-Salem miracle gets her off the hook for killing Stefano. The idea of a Hernandez-Brady private investigations service sounds fine in theory, but would require skills at developing plots that are beyond the levels of the current writers. How many cases unrelated to the Salem in-crowd has Black Patch handled in detail? Another example is the Rafe-Carrie partnership, which did so little that Ms. Reed's ice-cube routine was its most memorable moment and its brush with Salem's lost-cat problem became a standing joke

Another example is the Rafe-Carrie partnership, which did so little that Ms. Reed's ice-cube routine was its most memorable moment and its brush with Salem's lost-cat problem became a standing joke
Awwww, c'mon, DBF. You're forgetting their other important case. The older woman who thought her husband was cheating. Princess Ice-Cube and Rafe followed the poor sap, only to discover he was planning a surprise birthday or anniversary party for his wife.

Back