SPOILER !! Week Feb 5

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Spoilers from http://soaps.sheknows.com/days-of-o...s-of-our-lives-spoilers-january-29-february-9

Monday February 5:
Anna confesses the truth to Hope.

Tuesday February 6:
JJ pursues a new line of work.

Wednesday February 7:
Gabi is booked on murder charges!
Lani makes a confession to Eli.

Thursday February 8:
Will and Paul spy on John and discover his unsettling plans.

Friday February 9:
Will confronts John with his deadly secret.

JJ's new work. Hmmmm? Maybe he will be hired by Julie to play his guitar.. Now since Chloe is going away for a bit, this could work script-wise. It would be nice to see some talent at work again. Who knows, maybe Claire will join him. Sounds like a good idea. Would give us some nice entertainment during all this other doom and gloom. ShaSha

Or as KathyLu joked weeks ago, maybe JJ decides to follow in Tom and Bill's footsteps and becomes a doctor. With the Salem accelerated medical school program, he can step into Daniel's vacated shoes by the end of summer. :sarcasm:

The thing about the music is, they can only use their own......Royalties are so high they cannot afford to use familiar music, unless it is public domain, like some Christmas songs. When Peter Reckell (Bo) was on the show, his wife, Kelly Moneymaker did some of the background music, all with her own compositions. Olivia Rose Keegan (Claire) has sung all her own creations when she has sung on the show. Susan Hayes (Julie) said in an interview, when someone asked about singing at the new club, oh, they cannot do that, costs over $20,000 for a song.

In this case though, I don't think paying an exorbitant amount of money for one song to be used in one scene would make a difference in viewership, to bring in more ad money.

When Bo made it back to Salem (or when he died), they did pony up to use Bo and Hope's song, Tonight, I Celebrate My Love, but it didn't result in Days making more money.

All the soaps are pretty much in the same boat with using copyrighted music. I remember an old SOD interview with a woman who worked behind the scenes at Y&R. At the time, she said she constantly browsed MySpace for musicians who wrote/performed their own music and would contact them about using their songs for the show. Most artists allowed the music to be used for free, in exchange for being mentioned in the credits.

http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/11055944/2/#new

Monday, February 5, 2018
Eli asks Gabi about the night of Andre's murder.

Tuesday, February 6, 2018
Chad and Abigail walk in on a heated moment between Vivian and Stefan.
Valerie gives Lani an ultimatum.

Wednesday, February 7, 2018
Claire is intrigued whens she realizes Ciara and Tripp are keeping a secret.

Thursday, February 8, 2018
Eli is faced with a difficult decision.

Friday, February 9, 2018
Paul finds himself in dangerous situation

Wednesday February 7:
Gabi is booked on murder charges!
Lani makes a confession to Eli.

My thoughts on the first spoiler:

NOOOO!!! :cry::cry::cry: THIS IS INSANITY!!!!

When I was a little kid I spent quite bit of time in and out of he hospital and my mom got me a stuffed dog I named Cuddles who was a great source of comfort during those times. When I see spoilers like this, I wish I still had that little guy around. I guess I'll just to have to settle for boxes of Kleenex and pints of Rocky Road to get through that episode. *sniff* LOL

Seriously, the fact that Gabi is the first suspect to be arrested and charged is proof (not that I think we really needed it) that she did not do it. Hopefully it won't take too long clear her. But still, poor Gabi. *sigh*

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that they grouped the Lani and Eli spoiler with this one. I mean, I can't really see Lani being like: "Well since Gabi is headed to the big house again, guess what Eli?" But then again, you never know. :huh:

I think Val has figured out that Lani is not as far along as she claimed, so tells Lani to tell the truth, or she will. So, Lani will tell Eli the baby is his, but also will tell him why she let JJ think the baby is his.

As to Gabi.....well, so far she is the only one the cops can find who had a motive. Plus, we don't know what that security footage reveals. Maybe Gabi left, but returned??? Oh, am expecting a few twists and turns in this saga, for sure.

In this case though, I don't think paying an exorbitant amount of money for one song to be used in one scene would make a difference in viewership, to bring in more ad money.
Oh I'm definitely not trying to say that. More the overall idea of Days lately is to cut corners, budgets, etc., and there's a declining pool of viewers. The other shows all "look" better. (This is as a die-hard Days fan that I say this.) And they can find cheaper music, but they don't take the time to look, like the other shows do.

Actually one of my favourite things about early Claire was how often she sang. It brought something fresh to the show that had been missing since Brady & Chloe's old duet days.

Maybe we'll luck out and Lani can have Sami-like twins? LOL

I think Casey Moss (JJ) also writes his own music. He's been teasing on Instagram about something coming up with his band next week.

I agree with Jason that production value does impact viewership. It's one of the reasons I've been complaining about lack of proper sets for so long. Even if they can't afford to add more, they can still be more creative in how they change the existing ones. I don't need to see 10 different characters living in the same apartment set.

Maybe JJ becomes a writer for a soap opera (Days). Anything would be better than what is happening on the show nowadays. :rotfl: :clap: ShaSha

Back