SPOILER !! Week Jan 15

Wow, way to keep me on the edge of my seat while trying to figuring out who was/is going to die.:huh:

Guess tptb (the powers that be) feel that knowing will make me tune in to see what leads up to it without showing who does it.

Still wondering who put Deimos in the ground, if anyone in a position of power cares.

I thought that was a pretty good preview. Although I have to ask, is Andre really the most hated man in Salem? I mean given his history and all, that's certainly a title he should easily lay claim to, but over the past six months or so he's been as menacing as a box of kittens.

Needless to say, my favorite part was Gabi going all "ex-con" on Andre. I find it interesting that was the scene they chose to show, which probably means she's going to be eliminated as a suspect fairly early.

Kate and Chad probably find out what Andre did with Vivian which makes them suspects. But then there is Stefan and Vivian also suspects just to push Andre out of the way. After today Friday's episode I was sure it would be Vivian but at least the writers know that's too obvious. Perhaps Vivian ends up in jail for once.

Did the actor portraying André want off the show, or did TPTB make that decision?

After all the build up, I had such high hopes after reading the positive comments and praises that a new writer, Ron Carlivati, was joining the staff. All I see so far is rehashed stories, the walking dead, and bed hopping to the max. So where is the magic? It isn’t any better than before, just an endless repeat of years gone by.

Last edited:
Doubt there is a writer who can constantly hit a home run. I thought the storyline with JJ's guilt and depression over the shooting of Theo, leading to his decision to take his own life was extremely well done. Do I like some of the filler.......absolutely not. And that is what it is....filler. This Stefan/Vivian thing is leading up to something, and I do see that the new writer loves "unexpected twists". Yep, some stuff is definitely not surprising or unexpected. But I blame the filming so far ahead. It is definitely hard to write a 5 day a week show when you are unable to change what is not working, and they can't.

And entirely too many expected scenes, for which the public has seen photos, spoilers, etc. have been edited out. But we get the eternal, never ending flashbacks that we have seen 3 dozen times. Don't know why, but the editing is not good, even the headwriter has been upset.

I do agree the bed hopping is overdone, and at times, really ends up being boring. Maybe, right now, they are building towards Feb. sweeps?????

I do agree, but am guessing it was more to give Abe some meaty material, and stretch out the time to when they were letting Tyler Pettis (Theo) go. They probably had to wait to end of contracts maybe??? And it did afford JJ a chance to show what he could do. Soaps always take things too long to evolve, but that story was a good one. So was Nicole finally getting her baby ....and again, Ari Zucker (Nicole) gave them a lot of notice she was not renewing her contract.

It is pretty difficult for writers to come up with story, when there is such age discrepancies among the cast members. THAT is a failure on the part of producers. And again, they are hampered by the budget.

Just think....once upon a time we had Belle, Shawn, Philip, Mimi, Chloe, Brady, & about 4 others that made up the teen generation, just above them was Sami, Lucas, Austin, Carrie, Eric, Nicole, .........there was a definite "mid", with Bo, Hope, Steve, Kayla, John, Marlena, Roman, Shane, Kim,, and then the older ones with Alice, Tom, Maggie, Mickey, Victor, Stefano. Now there is half the cast, and so they "make do".

Heck, teens are Claire, Tripp, Ciara and the departing Theo. Just above...Gabi, Chad, Abby, JJ, Lani, Eli.

Well, you all can see how things are whittled down, with there being NO ages. Does Hope acknowledge she has a grown granddaughter? Ha.

Back