SPOILER !! Week Mar 13

@DrBakerFan, I am easily confused by hearsay rules, especially the exceptions. :confused:
A. Guy, so are many law students. In the case of Jade-Joey, if Jade was asked, "Did Joey murder Ava?" and she said "Yes, he said so," it would be inadmissible hearsay if offered as proof that he killed her. This is because she only knows what Joey said. She didn't see him do it. She could testify only to the fact that he said it. In contrast, if Ava, knowing she was about to die, had gasped, "Joey Johnson did this," it would be admissible as an exception to the hearsay rule because it was a dying declaration.

Putting this here because I'm not sure where to put it. It's pretty obvious that Eric will be interacting with Nicole. I wonder if somehow in the end, Nicole and Eric will leave together to raise Holly?

Law and Order SVU uses the dying declaration in court all the time. But in Salem, wouldn't it be called something else, as the dead rarely stay dead?! Faux dying declaration?
To make the dying declaration exception work in Salem, the courts would have to craft a new requirement, such as "awareness of imminent permanent death." Declarations by those who have reasonable belief that they would eventually return to life would be inadmissible. For example, if Andre had found a bullet-riddled Stefano on the floor of the DiMansion library and he gasped, "Hope shot me," before expiring yet again, this would be inadmissible because everyone knows that the Phoenix is confident of returning to the land of the living. In contrast, dying declarations by such people as Paige and Serena would be admissible because for Salemites like them, the end is really the end.

Last edited:
...it is a publicly known fact Roman at least passed through Stefano's case when he was shot by Hope.

Logically it makes sense Roman retires temporarily...

Unless I missed something, Roman's involvement in the Stefano case is not widely known, even in the police department. Did Roman say his retirement was temporary?

LOL at this one......
dool_139.JPG

Julie organizes a Horton gathering to welcome Eli to the family
Well, won't that be fun??

Julie: Darling, let me introduce you everyone. This is my dear husband, Doug, who you met at the funeral. This is my half-sister Hope, your great-aunt. She's also Doug's daughter.

Eli: Wait, what?? Your half-sister is also your husband's daughter, so she's your stepdaughter??? How exactly did that work?

Julie: You see, honey, Doug was married to my mother, your great-grandmother, Addie. They had Hope. Then she was killed by a car when it was about to hit Hope's baby carriage. Doug and I both grieved and fell in love. :love:

Eli: Alrighty, then.

Julie: This is Jennifer, your cousin. She's a widow, sort of.

Eli: Sort of? Is her husband dead or not?

Julie: Well, they weren't married when he died. But we still consider her a widow. He died saving your cousin Abigail.

Julie: Here's a picture of your great great Uncle Tommy. We think he lives in the attic.

Julie: And here's a picture of my darling Nicky, your cousin. He died because some horrible tart killed him. She's the mother of another one your cousins, little Arianna. Ari's father was Will. He was gay.

Eli: Hold up. He was gay, but he had a baby with a woman? Willingly?

Julie: Oh darling, it was a one night thing. But he was a good dad. And Gabi married my sweet darling Nicky. He loved her so. But she wasn't satisfied with his love and killed him, in cold blood. Wretched woman! She makes my blood boil.

Julie: Poor cousin Will was killed by your cousin Abigail's crazy finace, Ben. But she got him back good. She tied him up and set him on fire.

Julie: And this is cousin JJ, Jennifer's son. He was the local drug dealer and once drugged all of us ladies at book club with pot-laced doughnuts. Best night at book club ever!

Eli: But he's been arrested for his acts, right?

Julie: Darling, he's a police detective now.

Eli: Sure, why didn't I think of that? Any other criminals in the family?

Julie: Well, my brother Steven is a con-artist who lives in Europe. Hope shot and killed Stefano DiMera, but we heard he's still alive, so she was pardoned while she was on the run from her prison break. Jeremy, your cousin, is on the lam somewhere.

Julie: Oh, hey, this is your cousin Lucas. He was a surprise Horton, too! You should get to know him. But don't take him out for a drink. He's an alcoholic.

Julie: Then there's your cousin Jessica. She has multiple personalities, so you're really never sure who you're dealing with.

Eli: You know what, I think the info I got from the FBI is faulty and I'm not a Horton, after all. Sorry about your loss and all, but I'm outta here.

Back