SPOILER !! Week Nov 13

I think they are probably going for some type of racism story with he shooting. I hope they've done their homework properly.

I feel after today's episode Theo against Kate's warning will break into the warehouse in which JJ shoots the intruder if the police were called. Not sure if Days wants to go the racism route much yet. They barely recognized what happened with Valerie and David just labeling it as "controversial".

I don't think they would go there. JJ isn't racist. After all, he is dating a black woman. So I don't think the writers would have much of a leg to stand on if they were going to try and portray this as a hate crime. Just my opinion!

But they've done that before and it to me it is too predictable and boring.
They're known for repeating plots.

I agree with that but in all fairness, he was talking about different writers. Maybe at the time, that's what the writers agreed to do.
If the boss wanted them to stay dead, they would stay dead. The writers can't overrule him on that.

My son grew up watching Days with me off and on until he left home. He saw a few minutes the other day and we commented on what is happening. He said he thought it was supposed to be based on real life situations, not bizarre craziness. I agree. Oh, glad someone remembered Sonny and Paul were original lovers, not Will and Sonny.

Spoilers from http://buzzworthyradiocast.com/?p=3495

-JJ is horrified when he learns the identity of the person he shot.

-Abe lashes out at JJ for shooting his son.

-Hope takes away JJ’s badge and gun.

-A tormented JJ second-guesses his actions.

-Kate blackmails Tripp.

-Marlena is stunned when Sami updates her on the situation with Will.

I don't think they would go there. JJ isn't racist. After all, he is dating a black woman. So I don't think the writers would have much of a leg to stand on if they were going to try and portray this as a hate crime. Just my opinion!
I agree. I don't see any reason why the shooting would be race related, or what purpose it would serve.

Thanks for the spoilers, Kat. I wonder if JJ is finished being a cop this time.

I also wonder what it is that Kate will hold over Tripp. Does she know he has feelings for Claire? Would he allow himself to be blackmailed over that? Maybe, so as not to hurt Theo or Claire, considering Theo's condition.

In my opinion, real life situations and bizarre craziness distinguishes real life from soap operas. Days has been bizarre since the inception of the DiMeras. Stefano was known for brainwashing and bringing people back from the dead for years. I don't see a difference in then and now.

Same with how over the years when characters get a lot of air time. When I used to see complaints about "The Sami Show ", I remember the years when Days was "The Marlena Show". Same with the couples, for years it was Marlena & John, Hope & Bo, etc. No difference when it was Sami & EJ. Now it's Chad & Abby. They all have "their" time when they dominate the storylines, whether it's a specific character and/or couple.

The difference is the show tried to glorify and make "love of her life" out of a man who raped a woman seeking help for her injured, who was evil, who put a doppelganger in her bed and laughed/toasted about it, who arranged to have her child taken, then pretended to rescue it, who had sex with another woman a few days before he was to marry that big "love", and not just once, besides arranging drug deals, hiring thugs to beat up people, blackmailing, etc. EJ was a cruel, inhuman excuse for a man, and Sami/EJ were NEVER the kind of supercouple who deserved front burner status like Bo/Hope, John/Marlena, Steve/Kayla, Jack/Jennifer, Shane/Kim, or TOM/ALICE.

Ah, the difference of opinion will always rear it's ugly head. Why can't it just be acceptable that not everyone shares the same opinion of Sami & EJ? Instead we have to endure the same argument and list of bad things EJ did (like he's the only one). :beat:

It's not going to change another's opinion. Let everyone have their say.

Kate blackmails Tripp. [This is Little Trippy's first-step towards become a real Salemite. The next two boxes that he has to tick off are being shot and going into a coma.]

Marlena is stunned when Sami updates her on the situation with Will. [Why is Marlena stunned? After all, she's married to a man who was resurrected by Rolf and at times was transformed into both the Pawn and RoboJohn.]

As for hothead JJ, all the spoilers -- an enraged Abe, his anguish, and him being suspended -- are to be expected. Before the viewers can judge his actions, they'll have to see the actual shooting.

Sami is such a stupid twit that she overlooked/forgave EJ for what he did. I can see his being the love of her life. In light of what EJ did, I didn't like that coupling either, and Sami is the reason I quit watching the show. I agree with MelaB.

A difference of opinion is not ugly, it is just that, a difference of opinion. If some folks don't mind the evil deeds of the unrepentant EJ, or the fact that Sami chose to forget them all, so be it. And if others find it all abhorrent, so be it.

And if some choose to praise EJ & consider Sami/EJ to be a supercouple with a great love, fine. And if others choose to see the truth, tis their preogative.

Either way, folks feel strongly about the situation, and it does not help for the show to raise it from the dead.

Back