SPOILER !! Week October 31

True. It felt like they were leading to Hope being forced to be with Aiden. I wasn't looking forward to having to watch that. I am glad Hope will help Aiden realize his forcing her to be with him is not love at all. Unlikely this character could ever be redeemed or even likable after the writers have destroyed him this last year. But if he leaves Salem to start over with his son in Portland, then I think that is the best possible outcome with the mess this story has become.

It is a shame. Because I really liked Hope with Aiden in the beginning when they started dating. They had a chemistry that was growing on me and I liked how their children were at odds at first then became good friends. It was a mistake to SORAS the kids and it was a bigger mistake to write Aiden as a pawn of Stefano DiMera that was ordered to kill Hope.

With Aiden leaving, I hope Rafe and Hope break up for good. I would like her to be single again and focus on her kids and her family.

Unlikely this character could ever be redeemed or even likable after the writers have destroyed him this last year.
C'mon, this is the show that had a full-fledged rapist as a romantic hero with his victim, and wiped André's slate clean with three lines. I'm not defending Aiden or the crappy writing he's had since being resurrected, I'm just saying that he's still pretty low on the "slime" meter when it comes to Days of Our Lives.
With Aiden leaving, I hope Rafe and Hope break up for good.
:clap::clap:

All these directional changes scare me, though. Who's in charge here? Do the co-head writers have a unified vision for the show? Do the showrunners agree with it? Have they all discussed it, and worked out the kinks? What we're seeing on-screen would suggest that, no, in fact, there is no plan, no unity, no vision. It's almost as if they take weeks running/writing the show and switch off every 6-10 days.

The biggest problem is they film so far in advance. This means the scripts are written even further in advance, thus storylines even more so. Thus, there is scrambling big time, when an actor decides to leave, someone needs time off for a another project, , someone gets injured or sick, so is not able to be on set, etc. etc. In addition, am sure they themselves perhaps have a story they feel just is not working, or is dragged out too long, so after filming, there are changes in what is to be filmed in two day, or next week, etc. Plus, the new writers have had to wind up storylines going on before they took over. And one cannot do that too fast, without implementing the beginnings of story they want to tell. We really have only been seeing the work of the two new headwriters for about 6 weeks. That is not long at all.

Time will tell, for sure.

Monday, October 31, 2016
Chad is stunned by Hope’s revelation. [If this relates to Hope murdering Father, Chad ought to be relieved. It's proof that Andre isn't so treacherous that he'd commit parricide.]
John and Steve search frantically for Kayla and Marlena. [By now, these two should be really good at "frantic" searches.]

Tuesday, November 1, 2016
Andre unexpectedly offers a helping hand. [Maybe, Andre is beginning to like his new role as a hero, and he'll soon become everyone's little helper.]

Thursday, November 3, 2016
Nicole calls Chloe, wanting answers. [Considering that Nicole went way out on a limb to keep Chloe's dirty little secret, she'd better give her all the answers she wants.]

Friday, November 4, 2016
Ciara is driven to seek out Hope for answers. [This is remarkable. Didn't Teen Ciara used to think that she had all the answers.]

Funny when I read that Justin was upset with Adrienne and Jennifer buying the Spectator, I didn't think it was going to be about the money, but more about her getting involved in a newspaper and investigative reporting etc. And since he is basically part of a crime family, it is kind of a conflict. Just my thoughts.

At least Hope is FINALLY exposed as the killer and she isn't as perfect as everyone thinks she is. I hope Aiden and Chase never return to Salem, the writers ruined them. Hope claims Chase is a monster, yet everyone forgave Jack after he raped Kayla. I don't like Hope anymore and I've never liked Rafe. Roman is a fool but in the end Hope, Rafe and Roman will get away with it like they always do.

Shane :)

dool_197.JPG

Thank you for the spoiler and pictures, Kat.

I can't blame Chloe for feeling betrayed by Nicole.

Sounds like Nicole is telling Deimos that he is not the father. I wonder if we'll find out who is?

If Philip wants to be with Chloe, he didn't look too enthusiastic about it in that picture. I wonder if she wants to be with him?

Wow! I am excited again, thanks for sharing that! This week was kind of a dull week I have to say and this will finally liven things up for certain.

Definitely love Rafe and Hope's costumes, it's quite fitting really. This should be interesting.

Old Cowgirl that's a old picture of Philip and Chloe. Though you can tell very much how pregnant Nadia Bjorlin (Chloe) is in that picture. Though we got a huge shocker that Deimos is not the father. I'm not surprised, that would be to easy.

There has been speculation about JJ possibly being the father of Chloe's baby. I just absolutely don't see how they could have ever hooked up. Had to be off screen. There has been times JJ had been off canvas for about a week or so story wise.

Jennifer and Adrienne buying the Spectator is also something I look forward to as well.

Last edited:
Era, the reason I didn't realize it was an older picture of Philip and Chloe is what you said--she seems to be showing quite a bit in this picture.

I would be more than a little disappointed if JJ turned out to be the father of Chloe's baby. It doesn't make any sense and it..... well, it just doesn't make any sense!

Back