SPOILER !! week of April 11

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
from http://soaps.sheknows.com/days-of-our-lives/spoilers

Monday April 11:

Kayla learns from Fynn that she has a subdural hematoma.

Tuesday April 12:

Ben is in the hospital, burnt and bandaged.

Wednesday April 13:

Hope confides in Caroline that she is the one who shot and killed Stefano.

Thursday April 14:

Rafe declares his love for Hope.

Theresa and Brady’s date night out gets interrupted by Summer.

Friday April 15:

Eric says goodbye to Marlena, Roman, John, and Jennifer after being sentenced to five years in prison.

This does all sound very depressing I must say as well. Yowza, so looks like Eric is going now.......it was time and perhaps in the future they won't write him so boring and one sided.

So looks like Abigail really did see Ben, stabbing and burning him. Wonder if Ben will try and press charges?

Rafe blah over it!

Wow. Way to blow your spoiler tv commercial with the next weeks spoilers. Toasty Ben.

So Brady and Jeannie T try to get busy again, and Summer, I'm guessing the person not the season, interrupts?? SHOCKING!

Apparently the writers haven't read the Rafe Hope tea leaves to see that the fans are really not feeling this couple, or am I alone??? Didn't think so.

I too may be taking a break from depressing harm others Days of Our Misery.

This could be a way to write Abigail out as Kate Mansi (Abby) will be leaving. I speculate Abby may have to go on trial for attempted murder of Ben and may get off with a plea of insanity defense. Ben may die from his injuries, who knows. Abby might be shipped off to a sanitarium for awhile. Again all my own speculation based on new information.

So Eric is hardly seen since the beginning of the year and we only see him on his last day before he is taken off to prison for an accident!!??? Yet Hope is still running around free for intentionally killing Stefano (and Hope has always been one of my favorite characters but come on). At the same time his so called brother cannot be bothered to see him before he leaves. Brady of all people should understand addiction and realize Eric needed help, not condemnation. At least Jennifer did not turn her back on her friend.

The one thing I really dislike about these writers is the blatent favoritism they show towards certain characters, but ignore others for weeks and actually leave stories hanging before coming back to them. Eric, along with Will, are two of the worst casualties as each of them were ignored until they were wrote off of the show. Neither one is even a new character, but are legacy characters who should have been kept on screen and used to drive story.

5 years, in Salem time that ends up being what, 18 months?

I really hope he and Nicole hit the hay once before he goes, mostly just so she can get pregnant and get the baby she has always wanted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently the writers haven't read the Rafe Hope tea leaves to see that the fans are really not feeling this couple, or am I alone??? Didn't think so.

Hi robinsnest, some of us like the coupling, if it really will happen. ShaSha

Well they are really going to send Eric away. Wow! Eric did the deed and must pay. There is nothing else to say on that subject.:tsk:

Ben gets burned. Who set him afire? One could only guess. So will Ben come back with a new face/new actor? Will they send him back to the loony bin? Many questions, but one can only hope they get rid of him for good.:fan: ShaSha

Last edited by a moderator:
Ben gets burned. Who set him afire?
The video preview shows that Abby is the one who sets Ben on fire.
So Eric is hardly seen since the beginning of the year and we only see him on his last day before he is taken off to prison for an accident!!??? Yet Hope is still running around free for intentionally killing Stefano
Yeah, but don't forget, Hope only killed the resident bad guy. Eric killed the Glorious Tanned One, the greatest man to ever take breath in Salem. :sarcasm:

So Eric is hardly seen since the beginning of the year and we only see him on his last day before he is taken off to prison for an accident!!??? Yet Hope is still running around free for intentionally killing Stefano (and Hope has always been one of my favorite characters but come on). At the same time his so called brother cannot be bothered to see him before he leaves. Brady of all people should understand addiction and realize Eric needed help, not condemnation. At least Jennifer did not turn her back on her friend.

The one thing I really dislike about these writers is the blatent favoritism they show towards certain characters, but ignore others for weeks and actually leave stories hanging before coming back to them. Eric, along with Will, are two of the worst casualties as each of them were ignored until they were wrote off of the show. Neither one is even a new character, but are legacy characters who should have been kept on screen and used to drive story.

I couldn't have said this better myself. It is mind boggling what they have done to the son of Roman and Marlena. I am so beyond annoyed about this. And yes Hope, Rafe, Joey, Steve, Chase are all walking around free at the moment yet Eric, the most remorseful of them all, has to pay the piper. Eric should have taken over the Brady Pub months ago and could have been an ear for other characters visiting the Pub. They should have also rectified his situation with Nicole.

No mention of Nicole or Brady for his goodbye scenes. However, we do know based on Greg Vaughan's (Eric) interview with Serial Scoop announcing his exit that Belle will also be in his final scenes. The spoilers just don't mention that.

I'm not interested in a Rafe/Hope romantic pairing.

I'm guessing Ava caused Kayla's subdural hematoma with the blow over the head. Interesting continuity. But I'm sure this will fall flat as usual because Stephanie, Caroline, Roman and others won't be involved.

I agree about them basically spoiling next week's spoiler about Ben. We now know he is real. Kate Mansi (Abigail) isn't supposed to leave until May/June timeframe so I have no idea where they are going with this. She was still taping mid-December.

Last edited:
we do know based on Greg Vaughan's (Eric) interview with Serial Scoop announcing his exit that Belle will also be in his final scenes.
Unless the scenes were cut.

Jen67/Heather4CU - totally agree with your points. I'd almost rather we get a throwaway line MONTHS later than to have characters linger for 3-5 episodes in 3-4 months, then be callously disposed of.

5 years, in Salem time that ends up being what, 18 months?

Depends on if you are a toddler or an adult. See, toddlers or the under 10 crowd, can age 18 years in a weekend. And once you are 21, your age is very fluid. You go up and down the dating pool.

Hi robinsnest, some of us like the coupling, if it really will happen. ShaSha

Handled differently ShaSha, I too could have gotten behind this couple. But I personally believe they are both being written so out of character that it just doesn't work. At least not for me.

Monday April 11:

Kayla learns from Fynn that she has a subdural hematoma. [You too, Kayla? Pretty soon, everyone who's anyone will be a patient of Dr. Fynn.]

Tuesday April 12:

Ben is in the hospital, burnt and bandaged. [Join the club, Ben. Injuries and medical problems are now the order of the day in Salem thanks to the unimaginative writers.]

Wednesday April 13:

Hope confides in Caroline that she is the one who shot and killed Stefano. [What's going on, Hope? Are you on some kind of confession tour?]

Thursday April 14:

Rafe declares his love for Hope. [Rafe, the viewers aren't big on this, nor will Mami when she hears that you are in love with a former DiMera tool, serial mugger and a stone-cold killer.]

Theresa and Brady’s date night out gets interrupted by Summer. [Summer, if you're so concerned about your former farm-girl mother go off-screen and sit by her bedside.]

Friday April 15:

Eric says goodbye to Marlena, Roman, John, and Jennifer after being sentenced to five years in prison. [So long sourpuss, Like your old love, Bluebird, the writers never gave you a chance. On the bright side, you'll now get to hang out with Dr. Baker, Gus, and Vargas who are more honest and upstanding than half the citizens of Salem.]

Eric had to have the worst lawyer of all time to get a 5 year sentence for a first time DUI. Yeah, the golden, literally, Doctor of Salem was fatally injured in the crash but still. Eric used to be the man of the cloth for Salem. His father is the head of the police department.

There was a time when I was a fan of Eric. Boy, did he get messed over with the writing. Bye Eric.

Eric book signing.jpg

Saddens me how they treated Eric. This could have been a very good story for the actor. They have him show up maybe once every 2 weeks. And the way they are writing the pill addiction with Jennifer is so lazy and with so many plot holes. The pill addiction done with Carly about 4 years ago was so much better. The irony is that Jennifer was the one who gave Carly tough love and made her admit she had a problem.

Eric and Jennifer are two of my favorite characters. They are both very talented actors and can bring me to tears when they have been given meaty stories (although the ones Jennifer was in were back in the 1990-1995 era).

Alas, we are watching these new teen actors who are as boring as watching paint dry. And the silliness with Theresa crawling on the floor for an entire episode, it is terribly frustrating. Days used to be good quality writing and acting.

I will end on a positive note. I'm thankful for the veterans that are getting more air time. That includes John, Marlena, Victor and Maggie, Kayla and Steve. And I will give kudos to Chad and Abigail as the actors are doing a fantastic job recently in those roles.

Back