SPOILER !! Week of Feb 8

I forget the source but I believe the rule is newbies shouldn't share scenes for at least 6 months. Was it a Marland rule? The teens are not really newbies as they are all SORASed legacy characters except Chase.

As for Fynn and Lani, I have not enjoyed the introduction of either character nor do I care for either character so I certainly won't care for them together. Why can't Lani meet Lucas instead?

I posted that it would be a hoot if Rory turned out to be Steve and Ava's son theory last week in the "Steve and Ava's maybe baby" thread.

I still think it would be refreshing to have an uplifting character for a change. Let's get far, far away from all the gloom and doom, death and violence. Rory could do that. Yes he could.

Hey here's another thought. Have Nicole take him under her wing and make a photographer out of him. Now there is a comedy segment if ever there was one

Last edited:
Furthermore I'm not sure why they grafted Lani to Abe, nor am I sure they have any idea what they're doing with her. I'm hoping they surprise me. And I'm guessing this flirtation will just be a passing thing, nothing serious.

The show lately seems like there's too many cooks in the kitchen.

I agree with you. Lani first aired in September and the reveal about her being Abe's daughter was very sudden and flat wth no fallout. We have yet to see her carry any kind of storyline on her own. The show really should have tied her to Ben by having her recognize him from Miami, then have her help solve the case when Rafe decided to stop doing his job and start chasing Hope. Then the promotion to detective would have made more sense as well.

Well, supposedly, she was a detective back in Miami, but there was criteria to be met in Salem first, before she could be one again. Police depts. are their own entity in every city/area, etc. and one just cannot "transfer" to another city's police dept. without passing the tests, etc. required by that city.
But I would agree, there just has been nothing from her, about her, etc.

She MIGHT have been hired when the previous headwriters were in charge, they may have had an idea or something...contract signed, etc. But then, they were gone, new team in, and ....well, there was no vision by the new team for that character. Just like the deal with the contest in Australia, with the prize being a role (I thought it 3 mos??maybe it was 6??) on Days....That deal had to done probably 6 mos. or more, before the contest even began.

Part of the problem with Lani is that although Abe is supposedly a major character, he's rarely seen himself, especially since Lexi is gone and he's become Mayor as opposed to Police Chief. With Stefano's death, it also limits the DiMera ties through Theo. In the old Days, the writers might have paired Lani up with a gal pal like Gabi or Abigail.

Overall, I still think the show is way too invested in hooking up couples instead of investing time in other types of relationships. I remember when no one (including myself) could stand Melanie, but then they began to develop non-romantic relationships between her and other characters: pre-egg-baby Maggie, Arianna and Brady (and yes they even ruined that making Mel and Brady a couple later). It was those relationships that helped to develop her as a character that we could care about.

Maybe Fynn and Lani will hook up, and be written off the show by leaving Salem. That would be a pairing I could get invested in with these two new boring characters that bring nothing new to the show. With the exception of Deimos, I have not cared about any of the new characters this writing regime has brought on board, or even some of the recast or return characters recently brought on (i.e. Belle, Ava, Ciara).

I really don't care for the character of Lani. I think her storyline has been very poorly written. At first I thought she had the hots for Abe. Then come to find out she was his long lost daughter. I don't think the audience got any satisfaction from that reveal, it just happened and it fell flat. I was hoping for more Abe scenes and her appearance has done nothing to bring Abe more to the forefront. The character should go and let other ones shine. Fynn I actually like. I see he has potential to be a good character on the show that can be utilized. He can stay, he is nice on the eyes too and that accent. :love:

From http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/9271296/1/

Monday, February 8, 2016
Theo admits to Ciara he has a crush on her.
Abigail questions Chad about the real reason he wants to elope.

Tuesday, February 9, 2016
Deimos leads Philip into a trap.
Belle tries reach out to Claire, but Claire angrily rejects her mother.

Wednesday, February 10, 2016
Eduardo tries to make inroads with Rafe and Gabi during an impromptu family dinner.

Thursday, February 11, 2016
Steve reunites with Kayla, who demands to know what happened with Ava.

TV Source Magazine Spoilers For Week of February 8

Theo comes clean about his feelings for Ciara. Will Ciara see him as anything more than just a friend?

Abigail has tough questions for Chad about their future.

Buzzworthy Spoilers For Week of February 8

-Andre begins to zero in on a way to get to Hope.

-Brady has a romantic surprise for Theresa.

-Victor learns of Philip’s betrayal.

-Belle gets defensive when Shawn questions her latest spending habits.

-Ava makes mysterious plans.

-Doug and Julie share a day of romance celebrating Valentine’s Day!

Love the way it is worded...Shawn questions Belle about her spending habits. I guess that refers to the "club" that Belle bought so Claire could sing there...or something in that vein. (she uses the money Sami put in her name, and would not we all like to know how she got it out of the account?, lol)

Wednesday, Feb. 10, 2016
Eduardo tries to make inroads with Rafe and Gabi during an impromptu family dinner.

Oh my gosh can it really be? Do you realize what this means? It means that Gabi is going to be on my screen two weeks in a row!! Dreams can come true!! Now if she would start appearing more then just once a week I will truly be in Seventh Heaven. :)

Steve locating Kayla, Doug & Julie doing Valentine's Day, & dreams using movies are much more interesting to me. What does Deimos have on Phil, & how does Vic learn his son is a traitor.

Wednesday, Feb. 10, 2016

Oh my gosh can it really be? Do you realize what this means? It means that Gabi is going to be on my screen two weeks in a row!! Dreams can come true!! Now if she would start appearing more then just once a week I will truly be in Seventh Heaven. :)
:rotfl::clap:Seriously. If they want to make the Hernandezes the new core family, why not go the whole nine and give Gabi a proper storyline? Like juggling a job while being a single mother, perhaps? Maybe mentioning that she and Ari are in contact with Sonny, and he sends child support checks every month?

Monday, February 8, 2016
Theo admits to Ciara he has a crush on her. [Forget her, Theo. Her tastes are too expensive. Sami addicted her to trips to the Baron's jewelry counter.]
Abigail questions Chad about the real reason he wants to elope. [Forget an elopement, Chad. That's so Ben.]

Tuesday, February 9, 2016
Deimos leads Philip into a trap. [Oh Philly. You're such an easy mark. Recall how the DiMeras had no trouble finding and shooting you when they wanted revenge for Tony.]
Belle tries reach out to Claire, but Claire angrily rejects her mother.. [Belle, see what happens when you cheat on a girl's dad and then fly off for a dirty weekend in Vegas with a former family enemy.]

Wednesday, February 10, 2016
Eduardo tries to make inroads with Rafe and Gabi during an impromptu family dinner. [You just don't know when to quit and go away, do you Eduardo. Your cue to blow town was when that connoiseur of sleazeballs, Kate, lost interest in you.]

Andre begins to zero in on a way to get to Hope. [This better be creative, Andre. The viewers are so tired of shootings, kidnappings, blackmail, etc.]

Brady has a romantic surprise for Theresa. [Brady, hopefully, it's not a candlelight dinner with Nicole.]

Victor learns of Philip’s betrayal. [Sorry to hear that your shaggy son isn't working out, Victor. It's time to stop talking trash about Jeannie T. and lure back Brady. And if that doesn't work, you might have consider bailing out Xander.]

Belle gets defensive when Shawn questions her latest spending habits. [Relax, Shawn, based on what's been seen on-screen, Philly K. has been paying the bills.]

Ava makes mysterious plans. [Here's a bit of advice, Ava. Your plans aren't mysterious, they're just plain stupid.]

Last edited:
Back