SPOILER !! week of Jan 1, 2018

Somehow, I picture it to be Hope...but.. ....

@JasonD.........Will & Sonny are not a couple currently. Will only agreed to live in the same house, in order to try and get to know Sonny, and perhaps learn why he fell in love with him back a few years ago.

I do agree, I would rather see couples having adventures, facing problems/dangers together, than musical beds, pregnancies for the wrong people, etc. I don't consider sex to be "romance", but then, there has not even been any thing decent written at the hospital either. Kayla & Val spend more time chatting with family & loved ones than work. Same goes for the cops, and the business stuff makes one yawn.

And count me as one who is bored beyond belief with the "square".

I think what Will needs is to just be a single gay guy, discovering who he is without Sonny and everyone else placing their expectations on him. As far as Sonny is concerned, I'm looking forward to someone being as insensitive about his feelings as he has been towards Paul's. There is being truthful about your feelings to Paul and another to be so uncaring in my opinion. Sonny is jumping into this with an expectation of what will transpire with Will and isn't taking the blinders off.

I liked Justin's concern for Paul and just feel bad for Paul, who if I were in his shoes, feel so thrown away by Sonny.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will even told Sonny the other day that he wanted to be a single gay guy for now, since he spent two years closeted while living with Susan. Then Sonny asked him to move into the K-Mansion and Will agreed. Will should've just said no.

OK, I'm upset that Will and Sonny are ending their non-relationship. I think the amnesia story is played out. I just want a few couples to be happy. I dread the idea of Sonny/Will not being a couple just long enough for another rooting to appear (e.g., Will/Derrick) just so they can be torn up when Will gets his memory back.

Oh boy, supposedly yet another long lost offspring of Stefano’s popping out of the woodwork as well as a possible who’s the daddy story. How original.

Is anyone else out there getting really tired of this overused bologna?

Last edited:
Seems the writers keep doing the same story over and over again. JasonD, I sooooooooo agree with you about never a happy couple for long range anymore. So tired of this.

Lani, well can we all write these stories because of the repetitive storylines through the years. Only Doug and Julie have learned through Tom and Alice about the longevity of a couple. What a shame the writers don't remember what true love is about. Very sad. :cry: :beat:ShaSha

Writers feel that happy couples are boring. Thus they put young characters thru the musical bed routine. A good portion of the problem at Days is the tiny budget, and filming at warp speed. They don't have the $$$$ to show people in cars, driving on a road, even being outside! The square is overused, home sets just disappear. They have huge corporations with no offices, and actually, no one works, ever. Wonder who is running the mayor's office since Abe has been gone for weeks now. Cops really don't work, neither do hospital personnel, even the wait staff in the square. And we all know no one eats at those table they sit at. Characters cannot even do simple things, so how can they have adventures ?

Tuesday, January 2, 2018
Will admits to Marlena that he kissed Paul again. [This isn't too surprising. Why wouldn't he want to kiss a handsome, muscular former baseball star considering that the other man in his life is a pushy former husband from a marriage that he can't remember.]

Wednesday, January 3, 2018
Vivian and Kate face off. [What do they do, mount their brooms and engage in a dogfight over the rooftops of Salem?]
Will decides to end things with Sonny. [This must mean that he will no longer get free burgers at the Salem Big Boy.]
Chloe questions Brady about his true feelings for Eve. [What feelings: mild dislike, utter disdain, hatred, extreme hatred, or homicidal Xander-style hatred?]

Thursday, January 4, 2018
Rafe realizes Ciara must know about his dalliance with Sami. [Pity poor Rafe, at the mercy of the brattiest, nastiest, most vicious teen Salem has seen since Sami was young.]

Friday, January 5, 2018
Chad and Abigail plot to thwart Stefan. [They should seek the assistance of Andre, who would know how to send pushy Stefan to Melaswen, some deserted island, or secret DiMera tunnels.]

I wonder if Stefan is claiming ownership of the DiMera house & business??? (Unless he is in Stefano's will, or has specific control of stock, he has no say so. I think he would have to go to court if there was no will, or if he wanted to make a claim.....

Dr. Bakerfan has to weigh in on this.
It would all depend on how Stefano wrote his will. If he bequeathed a set share to each of his children without naming them e.g., "equal shares to all my children," a court could decide that a then-unknown heir like Stefan deserves a share. If, instead, he gave specific bequests to his then-known heirs by name: Chad, Andre, Theo, etc., Stefan would most likely get nothing because he wasn't named in the will.

Regarding Will breaking it off with Sonny, I believe the writers are trying something different with love triangles in this story. Usually it's a two guys fighting over the same girl or two girls fighting over the same guy, which leaves both guys or both girls fighting against each other. In the context of Will, Sonny & Paul, you have Will pursuing Paul, Paul pursuing Sonny, Sonny pursuing Will.

There really isn't a situation that 2 guys are fighting each other because they would be fighting with the person they are pining for in this triangle. There are 3 pairings going on, instead of the typical 2, which keeps all 3 characters invested throughout the long haul.

Until the writers finally decide who eventually couples up, I think this storyline is a way for the writers to tell a new potential love story between past couplings of Will/Sonny & Paul/Sonny or a new relationship, Will/Paul before having to introduce another character for the one left out. The risk of course is how long can the show keep viewers on the hook with 3 potential outcomes.

Last edited:
I completely agree with you stringfellow, it's about time we saw something new. Will was a little too quick on the draw by moving into the mansion. So this new triangle scenario is a better way for all three to figure out their next steps.

Back