SPOILER !! Week of July 18

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am guessing now.....but she may have moved back for a short time, in order to fake out the police as evidently Deimos goes with Kate to tell the cops his fall in the river was an accident.

As I look at this first batch of spoilers an interesting question comes to mind: Did you ever think you would ever find yourself looking back nostalgically on the days of Serena and her Preposterous Pachyderm Predicament and saying "good times, good times?" Yeah I didn't think I would either but guess what? That's exactly what I find myself doing.

*grabs blankie shuffles off to a corner and cries.*

Last edited:
Gotta say doesn't seem like much of a sweeps month. I guess summer, vacations, people doing other things, etc. makes nearly all the shows, daytime, primetime, get into a "why bother" mode. Heck, reruns galore at night, flashbacks galore during soaps, reruns during day, too (talk shows, game shows, even the channels that have reruns of shows of the past, seem to rerun the same ones within a week. LOL.

Actually, no. I don't yearn for Serena, & Fred the elephant. Or Carrie & her ice cubes.

The shame of all this "excitement", is it should be building towards a super cliffhanger since Days will be off the air for two weeks in August.....and that doesn't seem to be the case.

To tell the truth, it is too bad Days doesn't run reruns of Days during that two week Olympic hiatus. I mean Days stories of long ago, put together just like people on You tube do for some things. Meanwhile, it would seem Days seems to be having a couple more characters depart at last.

I'm guessing that if Brady is questioning Victor at this early point, it's probably not him. So this is the week of July 18 and Tate is still missing. I'm predicting the reveal of his kidnapper will be one of the Olympics cliffhangers since we're about 2 weeks out from that.

Rafe and Hope = John and Marlena in Stella's pit 2.0

It really is a shame they didn't injure Shawn in the explosion as well to solidify his and Belle's relationship. At least it sounds like he will be the main cop on stuff while they are trapped so we should see more of him.

Monday July 18:

Shawn deals with the aftermath of the explosion. [Don't worry, Shawn, Roman's experts should have developed post-explosion procedures after the Great Tunnels Disaster of 2012. They did, didn't they?]

Tuesday July 19:

Brady and Theresa confront Summer in Las Vegas. [Why Vegas, Summer? It's often the first choice of Salem lowlifes and thus the first place people look for them. (If anyone cared to check fugitives Jeremy Horton and Owen Kent are probably working there as blackjack dealers.) A better choice for you would have been Puget Sound where people might mistake you for Aiden's old neighbor, Bree.]

Wednesday July 20:

Rafe and Hope remain trapped. [Guys, you've both been trapped for a long time -- in ill-conceived story lines.]

Thursday July 21:

Brady questions Victor’s involvement in Tate’s kidnapping. [Really. Brady? Kindly old Grandpa Vic involved in a kidnapping? :sarcasm:]

Friday July 22:

Kate moves out of the mansion. [Out of the mansion, Kate? With no home and presumably no job, you could soon be sleeping on the bench in the mini-park.]

Deimos asks Nicole for a fresh start. [Watch out, Nicole. There's very little fresh about Deimos. He's a good, old-fashioned crooked Kiriakis.]

Last edited:
I'm with you, Poirot. Definitely not ready for Serena and her elephant or Carrie and her ice cubes! I also heartily agree that it would be nice if they'd put on old episodes of Days during the August down time. I think at this point they run the risk of some viewers not bothering to tune back in, after the two weeks are up. They may get used to not watching, and since the stories are not so good anyway, well.....I can see it happening. The old reruns would keep people in the habit of watching.

This is probably not the thread for this comment so I will :OT: NBC is so gung ho on broadcasting sports, whether Olympics, tennis world cups, even dog shows, so.....makes one wonder about the ratings for the sports shows vs. ratings for Days (or other daytime shows they pre-empt. ) Just don't think they are higher for the sports pre-emption. But, what do I know? The networks vie big time to get the shows.....so they must get enough ad revenue......but what about ratings?? :back:

O.K. the only thing that interests me at this point......who took Tate?
And when do we get to have Sonny back?

I'll agree with your :OT: point, Poirot. The networks pay big big bucks and get lots of viewers...but does it pay off? A two week break can kill a soap. (Just look at the OJ trial - many soap historians pinpoint that moment as the beginning of the end of soaps.)

Then look at The Chew and its ill-fated brother The Revolution. Cheaper to produce, but the ratings aren't there. Perhaps the profit is a bit higher...but, there's less guarantee that people will follow the show than a soap. One million viewers today, a different million tomorrow. Even at their worst, most soaps get people to watch 3 times a week.

Off my ...ahem... soap box now.:back:

I have no use for these stories. I want stories about JJ, Sonny, Paul, Derrick, and Will. Oh wait, that was last year. And we thought things were bad then.

For the record I don't really miss Serena and the elephant epic either. Although I think I find it preferable to most of what we're getting now I wouldn't want a repeat of that in a million years. LOL

And I have to admit being stumped by the references to Carrie and her ice cubes. I know who Carrie is but I wasn't watching when whatever this "ice cube" thing is was going on. But I'm getting the distinct impression I should count myself lucky on that score. LOL

I also think Tate's kidnapper will not be revealed until the Olympics cliffhanger, which kind of leads me to suspect it is Kristen:angry::beat:. I will say this. Tate's kidnapping has caught my attention and I am interested to see the outcome of this story. After months of repetitive scenes and dialogue between Brady, Theresa, Summer, and Victor, this last week has been a refreshing change of pace.

I like it that Shawn will be the cop looking into the explosion. It gives him more storyline and makes more sense than JJ being in charge as a rookie cop. I just wish we were seeing more of Shawn with Belle, Philip, Chloe.

I don't care about Rafe and Hope being trapped together. I'm afraid that they will "give into their feelings" and have sex while they are trapped :sick:.

Please Nicole, stay far away from Deimos. The following week he will probably be declaring his undying devotion to Chloe. The guy does not know how to be in a monogamous relationship.

Some years ago, Kate lost everything, lived in her car, then a woman's shelter. Got a job finally at a diner as a waitress, after Nicole's mother had befriended her. That was good story......and I truly would love to see Kate losing it all again, with NO ONE offering a helping hand.

Just hate she is once again off the hook.

I also think Tate's kidnapper will not be revealed until the Olympics cliffhanger, which kind of leads me to suspect it is Kristen:angry::beat:. I will say this. Tate's kidnapping has caught my attention and I am interested to see the outcome of this story. After months of repetitive scenes and dialogue between Brady, Theresa, Summer, and Victor, this last week has been a refreshing change of pace.

I like it that Shawn will be the cop looking into the explosion. It gives him more storyline and makes more sense than JJ being in charge as a rookie cop. I just wish we were seeing more of Shawn with Belle, Philip, Chloe.

I don't care about Rafe and Hope being trapped together. I'm afraid that they will "give into their feelings" and have sex while they are trapped :sick:.

Please Nicole, stay far away from Deimos. The following week he will probably be declaring his undying devotion to Chloe. The guy does not know how to be in a monogamous relationship.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

My mind is beyond boggled at how anyone could even think of firing Shawn and Belle let alone do it. They are the future of this show along with Philip/Chloe, Abby/Chad, maybe the teens. But Shawn and Belle should be the leads of this generation. I really hope the firing was a mistake that has already been correctly behind the scenes.

Sorry if I sound like a fangirl but I didn't realize how much the show was lacking this generation until they showed up again. And there is no reason why Bo/Hope's son and John/Marlena's daughter shouldn't be in Salem and helping create the next generation. Put them back together and give them a set of twins.

Back