SPOILER !! Week of July 18

From SOD:

Hope and Rafe escape the explosion and are in one of the tunnels of the house. Shawn can't find them and things look bad to the rest of Salem. Hope is badly hurt and Rafe has hurt his leg. He wants to search for a way out but she doesn't want him to leave her:rolleyes:. He has a bad dream and then he finds a way out. Hope is rushed to the hospital where she has a medical crisis. There is a photo of her lying down with a blanket and Rafe is looking at her. Hope is rescued by a hero yet again--any surprise here?

Andre tells Aiden that he killed Hope and Rafe and set him up to take the fall. Poor Aiden.

Brady and Jeannie T track Summer down in Vegas. She claims she didn't go through with kidnapping Tate. She gives Brady a phone number from the instructions. He calls and no answer. He calls again and disconnected. He asks John to dig up history on the number. It was tied to a now defunct corporation that Victor has ties to. Summer also suggests Victor may be involved due to his hatred of Jeannie T. Brady confronts Victor. At the end of the week, Summer offers Brady and Jeannie T some type of deal?!? Steve also joins the search for Tate and is instrumental.

Thumbs down to putting Chloe with Deimos instead of Philip and/or Brady. She should have kicked Deimos to the curb after finding out he lied. Thumbs up to including Jack in Abby's final episode.

Performer of the week to Billy Flynn (Chad) for Abby's final week.

I'll have to come back later with the daily spoilers.

I still just keep waiting, thinking surely they had a reason for bringing Aiden back, a good reason. Today when he was throwing things I thought yes, here we go, he will tell us he is not Aiden or some such important piece of info. Sadly, no. Silly me.

Rafe and Hope = John and Marlena in Stella's pit 2.0

With none of the chemistry, history etc. :rolleyes:

Here the Olympics depends on a lot of things, the major one is time difference. Usually the exciting stuff happens overnight or early morning, so its all repeats all day and highlights in peak. Rio is almost 12 hours difference to Sydney/Brisbane/Melbourne so a lot of the finals etc will happen in our morning slot, which is crap for revenue.

If live stuff happens in peak time AND we happen to be involved in it, then yes, it rates well. But otherwise... not so much. Depends also on demographics, Olympics tend to have a more male-dominated audience since its a sporting event, as opposed to most of daytime which is 'grocery buyers with children' and old people, or to regular prime time drama which usually skews Women 25-54. Also, sponsorships play in, if P&G are a global sponsor of the Olympics that restricts other brands.

But its considered a prestige event to host, which is why the networks bid for it.

Source: I was a media trader until I had my kids. :)

More SOD:

7/18: Dario and Blanca lament over their unrequited loves:rolleyes:

7/20: Rafe show

7/21: Chad talks to Jen and JJ about the custody battle and Summer gives a statement to Roman

7/22: Kate confides in Marlena:rolleyes:; Dario wants Nicole to get over Deimos; Belle is SLIGHTLY jealous when she sees Philip with Chloe

Well, if Hope has a medical crisis, maybe Aiden was brought back to ensure her husband is available to make decisions when she has this crisis. If he makes a decision that saves her life, she could possibly lose what little of the Salem brain she has and give him just one more chance. Or maybe her medical crisis (or injury in the explosion) causes amnesia and she has lost her short term memory (only remembers being in love with Aiden) and is too fragile to be told the truth. With these writers, Aiden may authorize an amputation or something and we can see the limb grow back a la Philip Kiriakis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back