SPOILER !! Week of June 6

She has already has more chemistry with Rafe in that one brief scene than I've ever seen with Hope. Too bad she is only around for 25 episodes per SOD. The Yahoo article also confirms she is done taping. Hard to root when you already know the outcome.

I agree with Jen67 that Hope and Rafe are still the end game.

Interesting that she was only supposed to be on for 9........but they stretched it out to 25. Maybe they edited appearances so the 1 day got split into 2 or 3??

(Somehow, I think that might have happened with Matt Ashford's appearances as Jack. Was supposed to be 5)

Well originally Anne was supposed to be 13 episodes I believe and she is somewhat recurring still 3 years later just about lol. Blanca could always continue on sort of like Fynn.......even though I'm seeing the storyline with Kayla awkward and not going nowhere.

I for one loved Bo. And I'm glad he was "redeemed" just before he died. Was it too quick ? Yes, of course. Was it badly done ? Yes, it could have been much better. But I accept the explanation the last writers who wrote his death and his captivity storyline gave us. And I also think it is sweet that Bo gave Rafe his blessings when it comes to Hope. See, I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority.
I wouldn't be that certain that you're in the minority just because there's a persistently vocal group posting negatives.

Although I had doubts in the beginning, I'm also enjoying Hope and Rafe. I'm just at a point where spending my time online no longer includes indulging in board wars or consistently pointing out inaccuracies in arguments against characters and their past storylines.

As for their relationship being rushed, yes initially I felt the same way, but like you in relation to Bo's rushed exit, I can look past it because this is a soap, and prior to Aiden being brought on Hope's character had already been placed in relationship limbo for years, and Rafe's relationships had gone nowhere since he'd been put in that very long coma. In general, characters without romantic relationships get very little airtime.

I also think it's hard for fans of popular couples to accept new pairings. Both actors have large fan bases from highly successful past pairings and all of those fans will never agree on any new pairing. And as for "chemistry," the perception is always relative.

Last edited:
One can definitely see the likes/dislikes for various pairings over the years, (along with their silly nicknames..the word silly is my opinion). Different characters had series of pairings, and there are still fan bases for them all. i.e. Nicole/Brady, Nicole/Eric, Nicole/Daniel, even Nicole/Xander!! :eek:

From SOD:

Peter Reckell (Bo) first appears on June 7. I'm guessing it's the cliffhanger?

Nice interviews with both Andrew Masset (Larry) and Joe Mascolo (Stefano). Both are open to additional returns. Kristian Alfonso (Hope) also really liked the actor playing Zack and wishes he could be on the show regularly. I wasn't sure if that might be a hint of some sort.

Kate lies to Nicole about being married to Deimos. She just wants the Kiriakis fortune. Also, she meets with Aiden and it sounds like she blackmails him into working with her. She has something on him. :rolleyes:

I wonder what Kate has on Aiden, she hasn't slept with him....or has she :)

I wouldn't be that certain that you're in the minority just because there's a persistently vocal group posting negatives.
@TheWriter - I'll agree. I don't like Hope & Rafe, but mainly because of how it was written. I don't like the visceral reaction from some fans just because they liked Hope with Aiden, or Bo better. So I feel like I'm in the minority sometimes, too, because if it was well written (e.g., Hope as a strong woman, Rafe using his brain and sometimes letting Hope solve her own problems, acknowledging the age difference, etc), I could probably root for them as a couple.

I think it's also important to remember that - for better or worse - we're more likely to complain about what we don't like than talk about what we do like, especially in Spoilers. I try to balance both - but then again - sometimes there's not a lot of positive. :)
Tis really odd the way the "suits" plan
I don't think they do plan things out. I really don't.

I was thinking about not showing a video preview for the week of June 6.......(which usually appears on a Friday or Saturday) until the evening of June 6th.

That "idea", "plan" just is too odd and unexplainable. By then, why bother?

@TheWriter - I'll agree. I don't like Hope & Rafe, but mainly because of how it was written. I don't like the visceral reaction from some fans just because they liked Hope with Aiden, or Bo better. So I feel like I'm in the minority sometimes, too, because if it was well written (e.g., Hope as a strong woman, Rafe using his brain and sometimes letting Hope solve her own problems, acknowledging the age difference, etc), I could probably root for them as a couple.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Back