SPOILER !! Week of Sept 26

I'm also hopeful that if Claire is kidnapped it will bring back Shawn and Belle. The announcement about Brandon Beemer's (Shawn) contract was within 3 weeks of their firing. Plus we had the SOD blind item about 2 recently fired actors being fired prematurely. I still think this was them.

Anyway, Shawn and Belle finished taping first week of April right after the long hiatus. Shawn was seen on set the first week of May so if Claire is kidnapped, one or both of them will be back in the next 2-3 weeks.

I don't like villains, but this crazy trio are actually kind of fun to watch. They are certainly bringing some families together (Kirakis and Steve and Kayla) more quickly than might otherwise been long a drraggggged out.

Maybe that's the whole point! Then the writers can start all over!:)

With the who's the daddy storyline, they could say that this test was inconclusive, and they will have to wait till after the baby is born to do another. This reason being is that both Philip and Demios are the same blood line, so the results are not clear. Just a way to drag on the story for a bit more time.

I really want to say "If Days is going to do another paternity switcharoo in the lab, I quit and will never watch again". But you know, what else do I do on lunch break? I'm stuck watching or reading about this show. lol. But I rolled my eyes when I saw that spoiler. Days writers LOVE LOVE LOVE switching names on paternity tests.

And YOU KNOW it's Claire that the bad guys kidnapped. She keeps sneaking out, and acting bratty. Chick SERIOUSLY needs a spanking. Belle, you let me down.

What would be far more interesting, would be if it was Abigail that they had. But we all know the Days writers couldn't have come up with something like that. No, Days writers will wait until Chad has fallen for Gabi, moved on and is in a full relationship with Gabi, little Thomas loves his "big sis" Arianna, one big happy family. BOOM, that's when Abigail just walks in like she hasn't missed a day and will act all "aghast" and surprised. "Oh, how could you?!" blah blah blah. it's predictable. watch and see.

Claire shaking her head like a bobblehead while Marlena told how serious this is, was all I needed to make me think it will be Claire. She whines about wanting to be treated like an adult. Spends one day in a college class before whining about how boring and she is going to quit. "I promised I would go, I didn't agree to graduate" is the thought process of an immature middle schooler.

Then Marlena said we told you not to go out without telling John or me to which the nitwit future American Idol, says well that was last night. Today I went to work. Belle was naive to think Claire would do anything the grown ups said. She only does what she makes the grown ups let her do. Tedious! Overdone! Grounded!

This all makes me believe Claire will be kidnapped. It will make the return of her parents practical. One would hope that surviving a kidnapping would shake some sense into her, but I bet one day after Claire is freed, she will be back to this personality. Why anyone likes any of these teens other than Theo is beyond me. Fast forward.

Would being kidnapped really knock any sense into bratty, immature Claire? After all, in Salem, kidnappings are far from unusual. It's not hard to imagine Claire dramatically announcing to people, "I was kidnapped," and getting an answer like, "Big deal. Who hasn't in this town." And if Claire tried to use the fact that she survived a kidnapping to demonstrate that she's a real adult, she'd be disappointed with the results. She'd probably have it pointed out to her that pre-teen Ciara, baby Sydney, and baby Thomas were all kidnapped, and that Tater Tot, a mere toddler, has already been kidnapped twice.

Last edited:
The new SOD shows photos of Claire and Joey being held captive in a warehouse.

As for the baby story, I wonder if the twist is not a switcheroo but rather that Chloe has been lying about Deimos being the dad. Could she have been with Philip or someone else offscreen in that timeframe? Also, I know the actress is really pregnant but she is much farther along than Chloe should be. I wonder if that will play into things too.

Yes, Nadia Bjorlin (Chloe) was further along in her pregnancy than Chloe is, but they film 6 mos. in advance, and Nadia did leave for her Maternity leave before her baby was born, so it really will not make any difference. They are doing a good job of having her seated, standing behind a piece of furniture, using large handbags, and her wearing black, loose clothing.

Also was wondering if perhaps Chloe had a hookup no one knows about??? Or, what if she isn't really pregnant?

Last edited:
Would being kidnapped really knock any sense into bratty, immature Claire? After all, in Salem, kidnappings are far from unusual. It's not hard to imagine Claire dramatically announcing to people, "I was kidnapped," and getting an answer like, "Big deal. Who hasn't in this town."

It would give Claire something to write about as her status update on Facebook. (Check in at abandoned warehouse, feeling kidnapped). LOL!

Back