SPOILER !! Week Sept 18

LOL, between telling someone else what is a "secret told in confidence", and talking about it in very public places, easily overheard by others, since Salemites also are so good at eavesdropping. absolutely NOTHING stays a secret in that town. NOTHING!!

Spoilers from http://buzzworthyradiocast.com/?p=3448

-Abigail shares her empathy with Gabi over the tough spot she is in regarding the double wedding.

-Brady is furious when he learns Eric has feelings for Nicole.

-Abe begins a search for a new Salem PD commissioner.

-Lucas’ loved ones confront him about his drinking.

-Eric makes a surprising move.

-Abigail and Chad’s wedding plans hit a snag.

Major character cops in Salem, have always broken the rules, even Alice helped break Roman out of jail. Why get perturbed over Hope and Rafe's less than honest deeds? On the other hand, I don't think either of them should get the job. Eli might be OK.

Tuesday September 19:
Chloe and Julie find themselves at odds.

A tidbit about this......evidently the club is put up for auction (by government?? - Rafe has mentioned Dario's assets were seized), Chloe & Julie are both bidding. Chloe asks Brady for a loan..........

P.S. What is Kate upset about? She has treated Lucas terribly over the years, tried to control his life, interfered in every romantic alliance he ever had, just threatened to fire him, instead of trying to get help. She always claims whatever is for his best interest, but it really is for her own, not his. Billie & Austin managed to get far away, out of her grasp, but Lucas has constantly been the victim of her "love".

Sure, no mother wants to see their child in the state in which Lucas now finds himself, but perhaps if Kate had not continually undermined every single one of Lucas's relationships, he might not be where he is now.

And if you conclude that I do not, any longer, find anything about Kate admirable, you are right.

Major character cops in Salem, have always broken the rules, even Alice helped break Roman out of jail. Why get perturbed over Hope and Rafe's less than honest deeds? On the other hand, I don't think either of them should get the job. Eli might be OK.

Agree ! It's like Hope killing Stefano was even worse than what Stefano did all these years. She's this horrible person now. I don't get it. I don't condone violence, but in this case, Hope did snap. Because of Stefano. He taunted her, he wanted to be killed but was too coward to do it himself.

Like you said, everybody breaks the rules on soaps. Especially cops. Heck, most of them should not even be cops, period. Hope should never have been allowed back on the force after being the nighttime Hope. But now, why so harsh on her and Rafe because of Stefano ? Probably because they are disliked by most as a couple. Too bad.

Abigail shares her empathy with Gabi over the tough spot she is in regarding the double wedding. [Gabi should get a life. It's about time she stopped sinking into a funk because Chad went back to his ex.]

Brady is furious when he learns Eric has feelings for Nicole. [Brady is another one who needs a life. So Eric has feelings for Nicole. So what. As long as he's not seeking to pry her away from Jeannie T.'s husband, what's the big deal. (Brady is still married isn't he?]

Abe begins a search for a new Salem PD commissioner. [Good luck with that. If they're not actual criminals, the inside candidates spend more of their "working" hours on their personal lives than police work. Of course, any outside candidate might gag if told the ugly reality of the current Salem P.D.]

Abigail and Chad’s wedding plans hit a snag. [Of course they do. When was the last time a Salem wedding went off without a hitch?]

No, Brady and Jeannie T never actually tied the knot. They did that pretend vow thing in the bedroom, but Xander kidnapped Jeannie T on her way the church.
Woops, I'd forgotten about that particular Salem marital mishap. It adds to the likelihood that both the Chad-Gabi and Paul-Sonny ceremonies are in for some tough sledding. The issue isn't whether these weddings will be disrupted, but how. The only real question is the form of the disruption: a shooting, a sex tape, an unseemly photo projected on a screen, an unruly guest, etc., or something new and even more creative.

Regarding the replacement for Lt. Raines, perhaps it will be Sami Brady. She is returning soon, right? It is, after all, Salem.
This is something that Mayor Abe might want to consider. After all, look at her "qualities":

1) It keeps the management of the Salem P.D. in the Brady family where it belongs;
2) Sami may not have any actual police experience, but the actual members of the force really have very little. They spend most of their time trysting or dealing with personal problems;
3) Sami stole so much money from the DiMeras that she wouldn't need to get involved in any ridiculous money-making schemes like the ill-fated Raines;
4) Since Sami thinks of Hope as an old granny, she'd keep her chained to a desk, meaning she wouldn't be running loose in Salem shooting people;
5) Sami has an even bigger mouth and sharper tongue than Raines. What cop would dare cross her or disobey orders?;
6) Sami has management experience from sort of running various Salem companies.

Last edited:
Not to mention, her expertise at switching DNA results to suit her needs. Imagine this:

Cop: Boss, we got the Horton Park mugger.

Sami: Does his DNA match the DNA found on the glove that was dropped?

Cop: Not sure, we just took the sample down to the lab.

Sami: Don't worry, it'll match (smiles evilly)

Woops, I'd forgotten about that particular Salem marital mishap. It adds to the likelihood that both the Chad-Gabi and Paul-Sonny ceremonies are in for some tough sledding. The issue isn't whether these weddings will be disrupted, but how. The only real question is the form of the disruption: a shooting, a sex tape, an unseemly photo projected on a screen, an unruly guest, etc., or something new and even more creative.

Maybe Jack Devereaux will crash through the church windows on a motorcycle?

Last time a secret was kept in Salem was probably Alice & Stefano which we never got the whole story.

I think Gabi's dilemma with the wedding may not be so much that Abby & Chad are getting married, but that she is Abby's best (and only that we know of) friend who has probably been asked to be maid of honor. I would be in a dilemma too if I had recently slept with the groom . :huh:

Back