SPOILER !! Week Sept 18

How about some fresh blood for the Salem PD?

Shawn-Douglas Brady

Does this mean Paige will come back and throw a wrench into JJ and Lani? Or better yet, JJ and her sister Gabi?

JJ and Gabi aren't even a thing at the moment. But I do suspect that since Eve is inexplicably returning, it probably has something to do with Paige.

Does Brady tell Eric to leave town?

Per SOD, he tells Eric to fire Nicole and Eric responds that it's unethical. If you bring over the rest of Lysie's tweets, she wrote out all the SOD spoilers.

Hope did snap.

I don't think anyone disputes this. The issue is with how the aftermath was handled and Hope to this day goes around without an ounce of remorse for what she did. It should have been eating her alive, cover up or not. Contrast this with Joey or even Eric's reactions to the people they killed. Had Hope confessed immediately, she likely would have gotten off legally for "snapping". The show still could have written a revenge plot for Andre and maybe Chad. Rafe could have comforted her during court without being an accomplice to a crime.

Agree to disagree, Heather, as I did see Hope feeling guilty. More than once. Even after everything Stefano put her through, she did show remorse. Now, not so much, and maybe that's not such a bad thing. I don't want another character, like Eric. Again, while I don't condone violence, or drinking and driving, his walking around like a zombie, his mumbling, his wallowing in self pity... it was getting old really, really fast. Enough is enough. It's not the least bit entertaining anymore.

But, Hope could/should feel guilty about intending to murder Stefano (mens rea.) :)

If all the facts were known, a good lawyer (not Justin!) could have gotten Hope off by pleading that she acted under an irresistible impulse. (Wikipedia: "In criminal law, irresistible impulse is a defense by excuse, in this case some sort of insanity, in which the defendant argues that they should not be held criminally liable for their actions that broke the law, because they could not control those actions, even if they knew them to be wrong.") Another approach would have had Hope plead to first-degree manslaughter. I.e., she had not intended to kill the Phoenix, but instead meant to cause Stefano serious harm, and by doing so caused his death.) Either of these scenarios could leave Hope with guilt feelings, but since Salem is already awash in Eric's guilt over the death of St. Daniel, it's just as well that Hope represses her feelings.

It WAS very apparent that Stefano wanted Hope to shoot him...his final revenge, he figured, as he was already dying, was old, incapacitated, and felt it was time to end it all. He talked of being tired of it all, etc. So, when given the chance, he pushed, yapped, taunted, finally, I believe, insulting Bo. He pushed her over the edge at last, which is why he was laughing, as she shot.

Stefano was an evil man, who wreaked havoc, misery on Salem, sparing no one. Everyone suffered at his hands, and just because he found it more difficult to get around as he aged and became more ill, doesn't erase any of it. Oh, he played chess with Chad, with Theo, was Nano to Johnny, yep, just like Marlon Brando in The Godfather. But all that did not erase what he did to his own daughter, to his son, Tony, and he never sought payback for what was done to Benjy. So much for family.

Not gonna list all that was done to john, Steve, Marlena, Kayla, Roman, Bo, Hope, etc. etc. Stefano has no sympathy from me, he was a nasty, vicious man. Too bad he did not disappear in the aftermath of the building being torn down.

Back