What can I buy my dad for Christmas?

daysfan....he does not like cigars
hides...he does not watch DVD's....or even movies for that matter....at least very, very few. I can count on one hand the number of movies he has seen in the theater in my life time.

Both good ideas though. Thanks!

Even though you have already bought something, you might keep this in mind for the future. Does your Dad cook? If so, and he likes container gardening, maybe some herbs beautifully arranged in a pot? A lot of them smell so good, too, when you brush against them.

KT...I had actually thought about that and if I don't spend the rest of my budgeted amount on tobacco, I might still get him an herb garden...though now that I think about it, he might have some already. I will have to try to find that out.

Jammers, I feel your pain. My father-in-law is tough to buy for. We finally found the magic formula for him a few years ago. He really likes his mother-in-law's peanut butter fudge, but her dementia has progressed to the point she does not cook anymore. We acquired the only copy of the recipe (which we have shared) and make him a fresh batch every year. He's also really into tools and gadgets, so we get him whatever the latest tool type gadget is and he's happy. Birthdays are a completely different matter. We're kind of stuck then. It's too close to Christmas to do fudge (it was Saturday). And none of the good gadgets are out yet. He's got no hobbies aside from watching TV, so we end up buying a movie or two and hope he doesn't already have them.

Back